☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 28, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #5,146 of 5,932
Congratulations to Cavalli.  For me, probably the last stop for a while in regards to amps.  I am happy with this amp right out of the box with my modded KAM HP1 plugged into it.  I will eventually add an Ether, but no rush.  I've never owned a Cavalli amp, but this LC is giving me a flavor of what these guys can do and the higher end amps must be killer.  I'm glad I jumped in at the end as the last units were being sold.  I needed an amp and somehow I stumbled upon this thread.  This rest will be listening history.

EDIT:  Crap, just read about the HD800S.  Ok, Ether + HD800 + LC = done (no time frame on being done though)

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #5,147 of 5,932
today is Monday, i hope they ship my amp today :<  

the vacation are over so i hope its not as crazy etc

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #5,148 of 5,932
#482  Im still in limbo also.  
deadhorse.gif

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #5,149 of 5,932

I had three packages come in from Fedex over the past month. Each time I got online and redirected the package to the local fedex store because they had to be signed for and I knew that I wouldn't be home. Fedex failed to redirect all three times. Twice they left the package on the porch and once I got the door tag. One of the packages left on the porch was an sr-007! 

I called to find out why they were delivering to my home when I redirected the packages. The fedex rep said that they had hired lot's of temp drivers during the holiday season and that some of these temp drivers were not as skilled as their regular drivers. I wanted to ask her if they could read, but felt that comment might be in bad taste. 

My only response is to not use their service anymore. 

Wonder if any of them can be trusted anymore! Here's some good (crazy) videos. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlUJmT2h3-4

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #5,151 of 5,932
:flushed: I don't know if my favorite/least favorite segment is the runaway USPS truck @2:50 or the guy punting a package onto the roof @4:09

Yep, or throwing the flat screen over the fence.

With the runaway truck I was afraid the guy was going to get hit as he was laying on the ground. Not smart of him to try to jump into the truck.

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #5,152 of 5,932
hey i called fedex (local) and fedex (USA) ,  Cavali Audio didn't hand my amp to begin with....... and Terry was for a whole week telling me he was contacting fedex but no reply....

then fedex confirmed to me that the package isn't there to begin with....

i asked Terry about it and he said " I think that the manufacturer might still have the amps"

seriously....... like seriously........... i don't care about the delay right now, i care about honesty and accurate information......... if a staff member for a whole week telling me he is contacting fedex, and don't know if the amps are not there to begin with....  then tell me oh.. maybe the amps are not there!!!  

then for the whole week what was fedex telling him?  sound too fishy for me right now

if there was a dely he should know and he should tell me.... why dodging the truth and making me call fedex for a week... why...

now i sent him a message asking for the shipping speed and address to be changed to Dubai (since Fedex don't have the amp), i think they should respond and try to help

but i assume they gonna keep dodging and won't allow me to change the speed or shipping address even that the amp is with cavali audio

Serial #499 (last 25 amps) 

i can't even use my new cables...... which took 18 weeks to be made.... 

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #5,154 of 5,932
  #496 has landed in Oregon. About the same width as the M2Us but twice as long and a nudge taller. Now which balanced DAC???

when was yours shipped? 

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #5,156 of 5,932
  12/18 says the packing slip. Need someone to test your cables??

lol  you can't since i am located in Dubai :p 

regardless will use an XLR adapter (which soon i will borrow from a friend) so i be able to connect these with the Hugo TT once i receive it tomorrow

was really hoping to pair the Hugo TT and the LC and enjoy one of the best setups on my CIEMs and LCD2 Fazor 

i hope i get my LC soon :< 

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #5,158 of 5,932
The channel imbalance has worsened on more burn-in, so Alex has advised to send back to Texas for repair or replacement. Bye-bye #258...hardly knew you!
triportsad.gif

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  My LC, with about 70-80 hours burn-in, has started to do the same thing (along with static in the right channel), but only on the balanced output. SE output is fine.

I've just emailed Cavalli, but curious as to how your problem was addressed.  Thanks.

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #5,159 of 5,932
hey i called fedex (local) and fedex (USA) ,  Cavali Audio didn't hand my amp to begin with....... and Terry was for a whole week telling me he was contacting fedex but no reply....

then fedex confirmed to me that the package isn't there to begin with....

i asked Terry about it and he said " I think that the manufacturer might still have the amps"

seriously....... like seriously........... i don't care about the delay right now, i care about honesty and accurate information......... if a staff member for a whole week telling me he is contacting fedex, and don't know if the amps are not there to begin with....  then tell me oh.. maybe the amps are not there!!!  

then for the whole week what was fedex telling him?  sound too fishy for me right now

if there was a dely he should know and he should tell me.... why dodging the truth and making me call fedex for a week... why...

now i sent him a message asking for the shipping speed and address to be changed to Dubai (since Fedex don't have the amp), i think they should respond and try to help

but i assume they gonna keep dodging and won't allow me to change the speed or shipping address even that the amp is with cavali audio

Serial #499 (last 25 amps) 

i can't even use my new cables...... which took 18 weeks to be made.... 

Oh man that's really bad customer service on Cavallis part! I feel for you! I'm a bit surprised no one has jumped in to defend Cavalli yet as this seems to be the norm. I ordered my amp in July and received it today so all good on my end iguess, though this thread reads like Cavalli did me a favor by building the amp and that I should just be grateful to be in the precens of greatness... Anyhow hope it all works out for you and that you get to put those nice looking cables to good use!

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #5,160 of 5,932
Did you ever get this issue resolved?  My LC, with about 70-80 hours burn-in, has started to do the same thing (along with static in the right channel), but only on the balanced output. SE output is fine.

I've just emailed Cavalli, but curious as to how your problem was addressed.  Thanks.

That sucks. That is what I heard also. I sent the amp back to Alex, which he tested and said it measured within tolerance. He did hear some imbalance low in the pot, but again, not totally out of the expected (though it was to me...maybe the amp was much warmer?).

He is swapping the board for me (which looks like basically everything but the box), and I should have it within the week. Then, another gazillion hours burn-in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back