☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 10, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #4,636 of 5,932

I think the Mojo would handle any IEMs just fine on its own.  If you prefer the added sound with the LC, then I would experiment with what mix you like more.  But Mojo s/b plenty powerful for any IEMs.

Thanks.

I agree that it is definitely powerful enough. I am thinking more of just a change of sound signature of the HUGO at times.   I had read in one of the earlier posts someone saying they preferred the LC with the HUGO as opposed to the HUGO alone, I think the poster even said something along the lines of Chord should get Cavalli to build their amps for them.  I am also aware that Chord says you can't improve on the amplification of the HUGO or MOJO so it would just be a sound sig. change and I might just use the LC for my planners.

Don't get me wrong I love the Hugo and Mojo.  I just want to see if I can get more out of it.  

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #4,637 of 5,932

Don't get me wrong I love the Hugo and Mojo.  I just want to see if I can get more out of it.

Good gawd man, your collection of gear is stellar.  I mean, wow!  What more could you possibly be looking for?

I can't wait to read your impressions of the LC...

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #4,638 of 5,932
  Good gawd man, your collection of gear is stellar.  I mean, wow!  What more could you possibly be looking for?

I can't wait to read your impressions of the LC...

LOL Thanks.. There are a lot of people with much more invested  in gear that what I have here though
smily_headphones1.gif
.  I will post my impressions once the LC gets here. Most of my gear I no longer use though and should try and sell it I guess.  I am just hoping that the LC will make the Hugo sound a little more musical with some of my gear.  The Dita Answers and SE846 were probably the first two things I would have sold, but now I find they have the best synergy (IMO) with the MOJO so I am happy I hung onto them.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #4,639 of 5,932
So what's the hold up on these shipping? Mine was suppose to be delivered today but the status still says "Label Created". I shouldn't have cheapened out on shipping during checkout. 
confused_face.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #4,641 of 5,932
It's so close yet so far, no kidding...I'm like roughly 3:40hrs away from where this is shipping.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #4,642 of 5,932
I tried my Feliks Elise as a pre amp to the LC. Within ten minutes my LC lights were all flashing, and the amp was hotter than a class A amp. Shut it down, let her cool.
Unplugged the Elise. Not sure what went wrong , but I'm not going to try that again.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #4,643 of 5,932
  I tried my Feliks Elise as a pre amp to the LC. Within ten minutes my LC lights were all flashing, and the amp was hotter than a class A amp. Shut it down, let her cool.
Unplugged the Elise. Not sure what went wrong , but I'm not going to try that again.

Heard good things about the Elise, (knowing it's a tube amp and taking preferences into account, but nevertheless) how does it compare to the LC?  One better than the other just different?

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #4,644 of 5,932
Hey gents, another quick update. We've been getting the shipping notices as you have been and have been working with the manuf to figure out exactly what's been happening. Because we see that the shipments appear to be going out out of order and the shipping notices being sent to soon.

What seems to have happened is that some of the Fedex shipment notices were sent at creation of the label, not at actual handing to Fedex. And these were not all of the shipping labels for all the 150 amps that will go out this week.

After a few conversations with the manuf (who is also  handling the shipping) we expect that, indeed, the next 150 amps will go out today and tomorrow, in order of purchase, except that as before they will be in two batches, Fedex and USPS.

I guess it's still possible for the shipper to do otherwise and make all of our lives harder than necessary, but at least they know what they are supposed to do.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #4,646 of 5,932
Heard good things about the Elise, (knowing it's a tube amp and taking preferences into account, but nevertheless) how does it compare to the LC?  One better than the other just different?

I definately prefer the Elise, but the LC is still a fantastic amp. My Oppo HA1 is up for sale after hearing the LC. No contest.

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #4,647 of 5,932
I definately prefer the Elise, but the LC is still a fantastic amp. My Oppo HA1 is up for sale after hearing the LC. No contest.

Have you compared the Elise to microZOTL2? They both seem to be great tube amps for their price.

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #4,648 of 5,932
Have you compared the Elise to microZOTL2? They both seem to be great tube amps for their price.

No I have not. I have only heard good things about he microz. I think the Elise is more of a tube rollers amp, whereas the micro is more set it up and leave it. JMO.I could be wrong.
L
Overall, the Elise will probably cost you more because tubes can get expensive. But what a journey!

Probably better to ask these questions on the Elise site. Alot of great guys there.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #4,649 of 5,932
Hey gents, another quick update. We've been getting the shipping notices as you have been and have been working with the manuf to figure out exactly what's been happening. Because we see that the shipments appear to be going out out of order and the shipping notices being sent to soon.

What seems to have happened is that some of the Fedex shipment notices were sent at creation of the label, not at actual handing to Fedex. And these were not all of the shipping labels for all the 150 amps that will go out this week.

After a few conversations with the manuf (who is also  handling the shipping) we expect that, indeed, the next 150 amps will go out today and tomorrow, in order of purchase, except that as before they will be in two batches, Fedex and USPS.

I guess it's still possible for the shipper to do otherwise and make all of our lives harder than necessary, but at least they know what they are supposed to do.

Thanks for the update.

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #4,650 of 5,932
No I have not. I have only heard good things about he microz. I think the Elise is more of a tube rollers amp, whereas the micro is more set it up and leave it. JMO.I could be wrong.
L
Overall, the Elise will probably cost you more because tubes can get expensive. But what a journey!

Probably better to ask these questions on the Elise site. Alot of great guys there.

thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back