☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 10, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #4,621 of 5,932
Actually, the complaining is calming me down.  Giving me a chance to ask myself, "Do I sound like this?"

If I do, then I don't even write it.

Still no word, and that's okay.  I ordered in July, and if I get it in December, it will be the shortest wait I've ever endured for a limited-run, boutique product.  I once waited for about a year for a fancy distortion pedal, and it was well worth it!

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #4,622 of 5,932
Please take no umbrage. Didn't mean to ridicule you. Everyone's having fun with the project. And I can be a little naughty and silly. I actually no longer know how my Liquid Carbon sounds as it just got done with it's 180 hour continuous burn-in. Woo-Hoo! Next stop, the Impressions thread!

I'm really trying to resist the urge and take a look inside the impressions thread. Until the time I receive mine, I won't go there as to not confound my own listening impressions. Until then, see you at the impressions thread soon!

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #4,623 of 5,932
Funny, so far I haven't found a single review or opinion that says the Liquid Carbon is bad or even remotely overpriced. Yet there are a lot of people complaining. Pretty unusual for this forum, isn't it?
I think it's very nice of Alex to give this gift of amazing musc to the head-fi community!
smily_headphones1.gif

And consider yourselfs lucky if you were fast enough to get one :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #4,624 of 5,932
#690. Got up this morning to see a shipping notice from FedEx in my inbox. It said the label was created 12/8/2015, expected delivery 12/11/2015, but it has not been scanned into the FedEx system as of yet. I am pretty certain that I will not see it tomorrow as it has not started moving yet. It is good to see that there is some progress on getting them out though. The direct signature required will complicate things, but even with that, I should get the little amp within a week or less. It's all good.

Things were so much simpler before  online tracking data and automated tracking email messages. No angst, no shipping order jealousy... just one day a package arrives.

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #4,625 of 5,932
Didn't mean to ruffle the feathers...I waited from April, do have it now, in the first batch shipped. Waiting is tough, I get it, I've done it. You'll be happy when it comes
smily_headphones1.gif

(as I tend to repeat, it could be worse: like me, you could be waiting for LH Labs...)

I'm waiting for the Pulse X Infinity, PTP, HPA, Source and Wave so yeah i know all about that endless wait. I was kinda suprised to see comaplints over the wait, just wanted to say try our world lol
But yeah I ordered one of the last ones 4 days ago, What is it already? I want it NOW!!! 

Waiting till end of the year is nothing, LH Labs will keep me waiting for a whole lot longer 

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #4,626 of 5,932

I'm waiting for the Pulse X Infinity, PTP, HPA, Source and Wave so yeah i know all about that endless wait. I was kinda suprised to see comaplints over the wait, just wanted to say try our world lol
But yeah I ordered one of the last ones 4 days ago, What is it already? I want it NOW!!! 

Waiting till end of the year is nothing, LH Labs will keep me waiting for a whole lot longer 

Try buying limited edition watches or custom made knives. Several years wait is not unheard of.

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #4,628 of 5,932
Question for anyone with knowledge/experience:
I am planning to use the Chord Mojo as the DAC for the LC and it's line out mode is 3v.  What the maximun input voltage for the Carbon? That 3v can be adjusted up or down.  Would ~2v be better, or could the LC handle above 3v even?
Thanks!

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #4,630 of 5,932
Question for anyone with knowledge/experience:
I am planning to use the Chord Mojo as the DAC for the LC and it's line out mode is 3v.  What the maximun input voltage for the Carbon? That 3v can be adjusted up or down.  Would ~2v be better, or could the LC handle above 3v even?
Thanks!

LC handles the Mojo line out just fine. Cheers

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #4,633 of 5,932

Thanks - have you experimented with more or less?  maybe in a week I can
darthsmile.gif

Have run the Mojo at full throttle through the LC with no issues. Also have done the same with the CDM. Neither had any problem with the Mojo's output. Cheers 

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #4,634 of 5,932

If you plan on listening to the LC mainly through IEM's would it be better to lower the voltage/volume on the MOJO or HUGO and raise the volume on the LC?

I think the Mojo would handle any IEMs just fine on its own.  If you prefer the added sound with the LC, then I would experiment with what mix you like more.  But Mojo s/b plenty powerful for any IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back