☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #4,321 of 5,932
Close - Daffy Duck in Hollywood - 1938
I did not know we needed the exact cartoon episode. I could have googled it too. It is to laugh was Daffy's catch phrase. And he's right. I would say you are Daffy Duck Deficent. Who played 'Nugie' on the Gale Storm Show? And eh um Daffy would like the Liquid Carbon er if he was real.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #4,322 of 5,932

Originally Posted by x RELIC x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In this case I can see the urgency as time may be quickly running out to jump on board. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Dave74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These seem to be selling quickly now.  

Originally Posted by doctorjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any idea where they are in terms of selling out? Just curious...

Originally Posted by x RELIC x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In @warrenpchi's review he said less than 50 remaining so I could only guess that it's close to being sold out.

I checked in with Alex this morning about the portable amp, and asked about the Carbon status.  As of 11:50a Pacific Time (-08:00), there are only 39 Carbons remaining.

Must be because of warrenpchi's review.   If I hadn't ordered on Nov. 18th I definitely would have after reading his review
beyersmile.png

Lol, that's impossible, no one ever listens to me.  
smile.gif

@warrenpchi Which headphones do you think suits the Carbon best out of the LCD X & both the Ethers?

Definitely the ETHER (open-backed), no question.  It's the most neutral and balanced of the three, which plays well with the Carbon's own balance and transparency, in being suitable for the most genres (I listen to every genre with the exception of four).  On top of that, and this is something that many have experienced, there seems to be special synergy that exists between the Carbon and the ETHER in terms of better dynamics.  It's rather thrilling, and unexpectedly so, for a pairing at their combined price range.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #4,323 of 5,932
I did not know we needed the exact cartoon episode. I could have googled it too. It is to laugh was Daffy's catch phrase. And he's right. I would say you are Daffy Duck Deficent. Who played 'Nugie' on the Gale Storm Show? And eh um Daffy would like the Liquid Carbon er if he was real.

Ah, it's all good. Just another Looney day right? 
biggrin.gif

You are correct, Daffy was right.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #4,324 of 5,932
I checked in with Alex this morning about the portable amp, and asked about the Carbon status.  As of 11:50a Pacific Time (-08:00), there are only 39 Carbons remaining.

Lol, that's impossible, no one ever listens to me.  :smile:

Definitely the ETHER (open-backed), no question.  It's the most neutral and balanced of the three, which plays well with the Carbon's own balance and transparency, in being suitable for the most genres (I listen to every genre with the exception of four).  On top of that, and this is something that many have experienced, there seems to be special synergy that exists between the Carbon and the ETHER in terms of better dynamics.  It's rather thrilling, and unexpectedly so, for a pairing at their combined price range.

How about the Omni pairing with the LC?

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #4,325 of 5,932
Dec 3, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #4,326 of 5,932
How about the Omni pairing with the LC?

I've been listening to that pairing for a bit now and it works well.  In fact, I'm trying to convince Zach to get an LC.  :-D

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #4,327 of 5,932
By the by, it looks like the Eddie Current Black Widow is out of production now (or - possibly - moving to a DIY kit). And their new upcoming solid state amp for the new year, the Eddie Current Copperhead, is a different, brighter signature. So, anyone who was waiting for a few production run of the ECBW instead of picking up a Cavalli Liquid Carbon probably should move fast to purchase the LC because I have it on good authority that...

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #4,328 of 5,932
  By the by, it looks like the Eddie Current Black Widow is out of production now (or - possibly - moving to a DIY kit). And their new upcoming solid state amp for the new year, the Eddie Current Copperhead, is a different, brighter signature. So, anyone who was waiting for a few production run of the ECBW instead of picking up a Cavalli Liquid Carbon probably should move fast to purchase the LC because I have it on good authority that...

AFAIK they have their single chassis implementation close to a solution, if not yet solved. My order has not been cancelled, and they are likely to start production next year.
If you have inside knowledge regarding the Eddie Current, please share - or PM if too off topic.

I still think everyone should go ahead and buy the Liquid Carbon now - excellent value, and excellent sound, and it is not clear the Black Widow is an upgrade of any significance. Tyll mentioned a similar interest to compare the two products, particularly since the Liquid Carbon is half the price. And you'll want to order Liquid Carbon now so you'll have something under your Christmas tree 
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #4,329 of 5,932

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. There's a noticeable performance upgrade when I pair my Carbon with the 2Qute DAC, especially in the mids. I'm quite happy with my desktop rig, looks like the CLAS-db is slated to collect dust unless I can find a need for it.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #4,330 of 5,932
Very nice! I suppose I should check-in here too: Serial #35 here, have had it running since 21st. 

LC sounded amazing with my Gumby. I've had to move to a fully portable rig for work-related reasons (bye bye Gumby, for now), so this weekend/early next week it's going to get tried out via line out with my incoming Questyle QP1R. Geek Out V2+ should be on it's way soon too, so that'll get paired with it as well to try out.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #4,331 of 5,932
Can anyone confirm whether LC is pure class-A all the way up to the ~1.5W max, or whether it switches to class-AB at some point?
If I already asked this, I am sorry!
Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Meanwhile, I'll return back to waiting for shipping 
popcorn.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #4,332 of 5,932
  Can anyone confirm whether LC is pure class-A all the way up to the ~1.5W max, or whether it switches to class-AB at some point?
If I already asked this, I am sorry!
Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Meanwhile, I'll return back to waiting for shipping 
popcorn.gif

I know Alex addressed this question in this thread some time ago.  Some search-fu might find you the answer.  From memory, I think it's pure class-A through 1.5W but it will actually go higher than the rated 1.5 just in AB...  or something like that.

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #4,333 of 5,932
Can someone explain in layman terms what this Class A is and why it matters?

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #4,334 of 5,932

Users who are viewing this thread

Back