☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jul 25, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #2,433 of 5,932
  Anyone hear the hd800 with the LC?

yes....
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #2,436 of 5,932
Not me!

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #2,438 of 5,932

Oh? You wanted feedback?  :wink: 

All Cavalli amps are very transparent. They will pass on the source without color. I was using a Hugo DAC and my HD800's. It was an excellent combo. Great sense of space and excellent detail.

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #2,439 of 5,932
  Anyone hear the hd800 with the LC?

It's odd that there's very little feedback on the LC's synergy with the HD800. Most impressions are with planars. The H800 is not a rare bird. It's the ubiquitous, ToTL dynamic headphone and perhaps the ultimate (sq) test for an amp like the LC.

I'm sure you've already placed an order for the LC (as I have) and we'll soon hear for ourselves how the LC measures up. There must be others who are still on the fence though, seeking more detailed impressions on this pairing.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #2,440 of 5,932
This is something I'd like to know about too. From a purely signature POV, they seem alright. I've got the K712s and the review on h.guru made it seem like it was a good pairing. The K712s aren't really THAT hard to drive though, even if there's some weird shenanigans going on that make it require more power than on paper.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #2,441 of 5,932

It's odd that there's very little feedback on the LC's synergy with the HD800. Most impressions are with planars. The H800 is not a rare bird. It's the ubiquitous, ToTL dynamic headphone and perhaps the ultimate (sq) test for an amp like the LC.

I'm sure you've already placed an order for the LC (as I have) and we'll soon hear for ourselves how the LC measures up. There must be others who are still on the fence though, seeking more detailed impressions on this pairing.

This is probably because they haven't been released as of yet, and the only headphones used, are the ones that Alex has had at his table at the past meets with the prototype.

There has been so much talk about this amp, it almost feels as if it's been available for a long time. 
smile.gif

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #2,442 of 5,932
Now, I may be wrong here, but has ANYONE read a post about a headphone that DIDN'T do well with the LC? I can't recall any myself, but could have missed something...

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #2,443 of 5,932
  Is it true when a headphone amp gets hotter it will reduce its power output and this can affect the volume level of the sound?

In general no for a properly designed amp and power supply. However, at some temperature (different for different amps depending on devices used and topology) the devices may stop working properly. Then bad things can happen.

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #2,444 of 5,932

This is probably because they haven't been released as of yet, and the only headphones used, are the ones that Alex has had at his table at the past meets with the prototype.

There has been so much talk about this amp, it almost feels as if it's been available for a long time. 
smile.gif

You know, I have HD800s and they were in SF at the recent meet. They were on the table and available, but  not many people plugged them in. Although a few did.

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #2,445 of 5,932
Now, I may be wrong here, but has ANYONE read a post about a headphone that DIDN'T do well with the LC? I can't recall any myself, but could have missed something...

SR-009.

Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then bad things can happen.

Sound like me when I get too hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back