☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 29, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,726 of 5,932

That would be very handy to have. I don't have the ER4s here (they are in Newport), but IIRC they terminate in a TRS plug and there is no way to remove the cables from the ear pieces. Is that right??

If so, a simple adapter might not work because to go balanced you must separate the two leads that are connected together as the common ground of the channels.

These adapters replace the earpiece end of the ETY cable, contain the appropriate resistor for the version you order nd a 2-pin or MMCX socket. I use mine with a balanced 2-pin to 3.5mm TRRS cable from Moon Audio.

For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290630811178

May 29, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #1,727 of 5,932
The Cavalli Audio website still has them available at $599.00. (At this precise moment)

May 29, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #1,728 of 5,932
Congratulations Dr. Cavalli!!! I can't wait to receive my LC and finally experience audio contentment:grinning:

May 29, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #1,729 of 5,932
  The Cavalli Audio website still has them available at $599.00. (At this precise moment)

Looks to say "Available for reservation", which is a little different I think than just plain "available". 
wink_face.gif

May 29, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #1,730 of 5,932
Indeed.  Congratulations on the first run, Dr. Cavalli.

Now all we need is a really nice, well priced DAC to accompany the LC, perhaps from Cavalli Audio....nudge nudge..:)

Quote:

The page now says "Available now for reservation".
I think the "for reservation" was just added.

May 29, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,731 of 5,932

Well, I think we are all on reservation. Website allows you to put one in the cart and pay for it. Still says shipping late August. If Dr. Cavalli does not administer the website and all units are sold out, the Cavalli website is still allowing orders.
Congratulations for the sell out of the LC. I am getting more excited waiting for mine later this Summer.

May 31, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #1,732 of 5,932
Hey gents, sorry I missed this.

The Carbon is not sold out. Anyone who still wants one should be able to place an order.

The original wording on the website was confusing. It said something like, "Available now." I received a few angry emails from individuals who ordered after reading this expecting to get the amp right away. Because of this, I changed it to Available for reservation."

I'll let you know when we are running out of them. Thanks for the support though. You guys have been great with this pre-order process.

May 31, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #1,733 of 5,932

The Carbon is not sold out. Anyone who still wants one should be able to place an order.

The original wording on the website was confusing. It said something like, "Available now." I received a few angry emails from individuals who ordered after reading this expecting to get the amp right away. Because of this, I changed it to Available for reservation."

I'll let you know when we are running out of them. Thanks for the support though. You guys have been great with this pre-order process.

Thank you, but now I am even more confused. I have an email from Alex Cavalli himself who said it was sold out and that they are only available for reservation, such as if people cancel their orders.

I do not mean to be confrontational but just am confused. As a result of that email, I have spent my money elsewhere and am now unable to afford the LC for the present.

Best,

May 31, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,735 of 5,932

Thank you, but now I am even more confused. I have an email from Alex Cavalli himself who said it was sold out and that they are only available for reservation, such as if people cancel their orders.

I do not mean to be confrontational but just am confused. As a result of that email, I have spent my money elsewhere and am now unable to afford the LC for the present.

Best,

I don't know who that Alex Cavalli guy is, but sounds like @runeight is about to go have a stern conversation with him. Hope he doesn't get in too much trouble! 

May 31, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,736 of 5,932

I don't know who that Alex Cavalli guy is, but sounds like @runeight is about to go have a stern conversation with him. Hope he doesn't get in too much trouble! 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall while Alex has a stern conversation with Alex, that'd be amazing.

May 31, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #1,737 of 5,932
I'd love to be a fly on the wall while Alex has a stern conversation with Alex, that'd be amazing.

Maybe his identical twin brother? And I mean really identical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back