☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 29, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #1,711 of 5,932

Ah, nice of you to mention the SOHA 2. It's a very nice DIY amp for sure.

I would have to say that the Carbon will likely be a much better amp than the SOHA 2. It should be quieter and have much more power. And I expect that the SQ of the Carbon is better than the SOHA. Probably by a lot.

Would you care to comment on the LC vs the Beta22?

May 29, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,712 of 5,932

Would you care to comment on the LC vs the Beta22?

Not really. Beta22 is a great amp and Ti and I have worked together in the past. I think he is brilliant.
smile.gif

May 29, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #1,713 of 5,932

Not really. Beta22 is a great amp and Ti and I have worked together in the past. I think he is brilliant.
smile.gif

No worries.  I'm building one either way so I'll see for myself.  :)

May 29, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,714 of 5,932
 If you have the time to answer, I was wondering how you went about getting the ER4 balanced. I'm a user of the ER4PT myself in S configuration and I've always wondered it it would be possible to get the ER4 balanced as it remains my overall favourite IEM to this day. I've tried searching on google for any examples of balanced ER4s but it's been fruitless :frowning2:

I had to make this myself. And because the ER4s don't have a convenient way to change cables, I bit the bullet and cut the connectors off the stock cable and wired on an RSA plug. It wasn't too bad to do.

If you have the time to answer, I was wondering how you went about getting the ER4 balanced. I'm a user of the ER4PT myself in S configuration and I've always wondered it it would be possible to get the ER4 balanced as it remains my overall favourite IEM to this day. I've tried searching on google for any examples of balanced ER4s but it's been fruitless :frowning2:

On the ER4 thread there discussions about adapters available on EBAY that let you use 2-pin or MMCX cables. I did this with mine to hifiman balanced termination.

May 29, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #1,715 of 5,932
On the ER4 thread there discussions about adapters available on EBAY that let you use 2-pin or MMCX cables. I did this with mine to hifiman balanced termination.

That would be very handy to have. I don't have the ER4s here (they are in Newport), but IIRC they terminate in a TRS plug and there is no way to remove the cables from the ear pieces. Is that right??

If so, a simple adapter might not work because to go balanced you must separate the two leads that are connected together as the common ground of the channels.

May 29, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #1,718 of 5,932
Well, it's official!

FYI I wanted to order a Liquid Carbon yesterday, and after emailing Alex, the 500 units are now taken. They are now only available for reservation.

...snip...

May 29, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #1,719 of 5,932
Congrats to Alex and to all the people patiently waiting for affordable greatness!

beerchug.gif

May 29, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #1,721 of 5,932
I'll throw my congratulations in as well...and it was done without any cockamamie crowd funding campaign :D

May 29, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,723 of 5,932
  Congratulations Alex on selling every one of the first batch!

6 weeks down, ~10 to go!

Congratulations Alex! Well done. Virtual beer's on me. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back