☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 26, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,681 of 5,932
Not really per earlier discussion someone mentioned that they doubted many people purchased solely for iems which was my main intent. After spending time with my hd650's which cost less than 1/3 of my ciems price I had an epiphany. So I sold my jh13's to fund the primes and further explore full sized cans. I am certain all of which was implied on my last post however it was really late when I posted.

Regardless initial intent was for ciems, now the LC will be used solely for full size cans.

May 26, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #1,683 of 5,932
Speaking of IEMs, when using the balanced connector will there be a noticeable difference compared to SE?
We disused this already but, here it is again.
The balanced was much cleaner when I listened to it at canjam-socal. Alex did say to me at the time the balanced was better. He let me listen to his balanced etys and the noise floor was better compared to my SE roxannes. He did say he has improved the SE connection since, but we will have to wait to see...

May 26, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #1,684 of 5,932
Hello,

Planning to get a Liquid Carbon but the downside of living 6000 miles in the wrong direction means i wont be able to try it and decide there and then if i want it.

How is the amp signature like? I currently have a ALO MK3B, and i wonder if it will be a good upgrade to pair with my Audeze LCD2.2 (Pre Fazor). Ive also heard the Mass Kobo 394, Grace Design M903, Fostex HP V1, and the Continental with my LCD2's. Will the LC be able to match or beat any of this? I mentioned these models because im familar with their sounds.

Thanks.

May 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,685 of 5,932
  So has anyone heard the LC with the HE1000 yet :O

Maybe check the SF Meet impressions thread?  I know the HE-1000 was there, but I'm not sure if the LC was...

May 26, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #1,686 of 5,932

Maybe check the SF Meet impressions thread?  I know the HE-1000 was there, but I'm not sure if the LC was...

I was there and I don't remember there being a Liquid Carbon but there was a Liquid Crimson.  I personally did not hear the HEKs on the Crimson though but I did hear them on @drfindley's Rag/Ygg combo and it would an amazing experience.  Its also worth pointing out that Jude's HEK was from an earlier run than the ones currently being sent out and were already well broken in.

That being said I am both in the beta and have pre-ordered a Carbon and will listen post my impressions on the Carbon as soon as it comes in Aug/Sept.

May 26, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #1,687 of 5,932
Hello,

Planning to get a Liquid Carbon but the downside of living 6000 miles in the wrong direction means i wont be able to try it and decide there and then if i want it.

How is the amp signature like? I currently have a ALO MK3B, and i wonder if it will be a good upgrade to pair with my Audeze LCD2.2 (Pre Fazor). Ive also heard the Mass Kobo 394, Grace Design M903, Fostex HP V1, and the Continental with my LCD2's. Will the LC be able to match or beat any of this? I mentioned these models because im familar with their sounds.

Thanks.

@DigitalFreak should be a good person to answer this.  He's selling his MK3B currently, and auditioned the LC with the LCD-X and LCD-3.  Of course seeing that he's selling his ALO amp might be a good indicator.  FYI, I also have that amp, and I think its time to let it go as well...

But most of us here are buying this blindly.  Because after this 500 piece number is met, there are no guarantees of more being produced.  (I think Alex will, but I'm only speculating)

May 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #1,688 of 5,932
@DigitalFreak
should be a good person to answer this.  He's selling his MK3B currently, and auditioned the LC with the LCD-X and LCD-3.  Of course seeing that he's selling his ALO amp might be a good indicator.  FYI, I also have that amp, and I think its time to let it go as well...

But most of us here are buying this blindly.  Because after this 500 piece number is met, there are no guarantees of more being produced.  (I think Alex will, but I'm only speculating)

While im happy to jump right off the edge of the world into parts unknown, after currency conversion the LC will cost a pretty penny here where i am, so im still abit hesistant. Haha. Hope you get where im coming from. So at least a A-B discription with any of the amps I've mentioned will be helpful. :)

But yeah, the 500 unit run is seriously stressing me out. I know there isnt many slots left but itll be very tempting to have my first Cavalli product.

May 26, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #1,689 of 5,932
While im happy to jump right off the edge of the world into parts unknown, after currency conversion the LC will cost a pretty penny here where i am, so im still abit hesistant. Haha. Hope you get where im coming from. So at least a A-B discription with any of the amps I've mentioned will be helpful.
smily_headphones1.gif

But yeah, the 500 unit run is seriously stressing me out. I know there isnt many slots left but itll be very tempting to have my first Cavalli product.

Not worth stressing over. I might wait until you have more information, since there's likely to be future runs (if the amp is as good as promised) and there will certainly be people selling amps from the first run (just the nature of head-fi).

May 26, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #1,690 of 5,932
Not really per earlier discussion someone mentioned that they doubted many people purchased solely for iems which was my main intent. After spending time with my hd650's which cost less than 1/3 of my ciems price I had an epiphany. So I sold my jh13's to fund the primes and further explore full sized cans. I am certain all of which was implied on my last post however it was really late when I posted.

Regardless initial intent was for ciems, now the LC will be used solely for full size cans.

Oh OK that makes sense and I do agree with yiu there.

May 27, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,691 of 5,932
Oh OK that makes sense and I do agree with yiu there.

Yeah I'd forgotten that he said he wanted to mainly use the LC with CIEMs, so the message seemed left-field to me at first too. His explanation later made sense though :)

May 27, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,692 of 5,932
Will there be a 2.5mm TRRS plug too? Or just the RSA plug for IEMs?

May 27, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,693 of 5,932
Will there be a 2.5mm TRRS plug too? Or just the RSA plug for IEMs?

Product page:
http://www.cavalliaudio.com/index.php?p=product_details&pId=11
From the first page:
... Please keep in mind that the amp is fairly small and it's not possible to accommodate every single useful jack. There will have be some tradeoffs which try to cover the maximum possible arrangements.

Input: Standard XLR input (L,R) balanced. 3.5mm and RCA SE. SE is converted to balanced inside the amp. I don't believe you will hear much difference although I always prefer to go balanced in if possible.

Output: 4 Pin XLR and RSA (Kobiconn connector) balanced. 1/4" TRS SE. And remember that when you are using the SE out you are only using half of each amplifier on each channel. This reduces the power output.

There is almost no room left on the front for another jack. There might be room to squeeze a 3.5mm TRRS jack on the back, but it will be just barely if I can.

May 27, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #1,694 of 5,932
Product page:
http://www.cavalliaudio.com/index.php?p=product_details&pId=11
From the first page:

Thanks for the quotes! Time to buy an 2.5mm to RSA IC! :frowning2:

At least I got my cable ready. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back