☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jan 5, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #5,296 of 5,932
Serial #254..... Reading the latest posts motivated me to switch the relatively sensitive JH Angie IEM from the balanced cable to the SE 3.5mm TRS cable to test the SE out on the Liquid Carbon. I hear a very low level hum, not affected by volume and not noticeable with music playing. It's the exact same hum I hear from the Oppo HA-1 to the Angie and I chalk it up to a 'dirty power' hum, not amp hissing, no sir, not in any way.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #5,297 of 5,932
1)don't hear a hum listening single ended through acs Encore, which I believe are pretty sensitive. I ordered in the early days, wonder if something happened to production later causing the hum issue.

2) if I remember correctly, the Etys don't have a removable cable. This would mean you need to send it to a cable manufacturer to change to balanced cable, no "plug and play".

The Ety cable can be removed - you have to pull really hard. It isn't designed to be swapped out too much, so it's probably best to use an adapter (click here for an example on eBay). If you want to build your own, you'll need to add in a resistor for each side in order to get the right response. This page has more details on that.

Thank you sir, I stand corrected...but, looking at the page you linked on how it's done, I can see I WON'T Be doing it any time soon.

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #5,300 of 5,932
  If Etymotic would just let you change the cables (easier) and give the option of an additional pair of balanced cable, why not I would gladly pay for for these features..

Why not get someone to reterminate the cable for you or do it yourself?

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #5,301 of 5,932
Just a quick update that mine (Serial # 00458) finally arrived a few days ago. Didn't bother burning it in, upon first listening paired with HD800 (balanced cable) and HM901s (line out from dock port), the sound is fantastic, the best I've ever heard from my HD800.

I think this would be the last amp I'm getting for headphones. Now just need to find more time enjoy musics and head time :)

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #5,302 of 5,932
BURN BABY BURN!!!
gs1000.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #5,303 of 5,932
Anyone has Hugo and Liquid Carbon? I'm getting huge distortion with this pairing. What can possibly be the cause?

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #5,304 of 5,932
Anyone has Hugo and Liquid Carbon? I'm getting huge distortion with this pairing. What can possibly be the cause?

me. Not experiencing any form of distortion.. .But what kind of distortion are you getting ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back