☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #5,281 of 5,932
It's interesting that #499 was built/shipped before lower numbered amps shipping by the same speed/service (FedEx). Looks like the manufacturer really messed up (maybe some of the last 20 didn't pass QA due to rushing during manufacturing and was going to take a while to rebuild?).

Makes me wonder who the "large customer" is though and why they bought a bunch of amps?

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #5,282 of 5,932
  It's interesting that #499 was built/shipped before lower numbered amps shipping by the same speed/service (FedEx). Looks like the manufacturer really messed up (maybe some of the last 20 didn't pass QA due to rushing during manufacturing and was going to take a while to rebuild?).

Makes me wonder who the "large customer" is though and why they bought a bunch of amps?

i heard these are new serial numbers man, seems like the original got lost by fedex or something

maybe ask @Jozurr i think he received a new unit  which got a new serial number or so.

that explains the delay as well, there is a lot chaos going on, and the worst part i saw a lot getting the buzz/hum from these new units, including @Jozurr who was complaining today about it, i told him to wait and get the unit to be burned in for 150 hours before he judge the unit.

i hope my unit will be fine from these annoying issues i've been reading about lately.. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #5,283 of 5,932
Mine has arrived but appear to suffer a noticeably hum problem in SE configuration.  The hum issue only happens with my JH13pro and not even on my Sony MDR-CD3000.  Has anyone had this problem with IEM?  Thanks.  

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #5,284 of 5,932
There was noise with my roxannes on the SE connection. I would not call it a hum per se but more of a hiss. This was in CanJam so there was a lot of ambient noise also. I wouldn't be using a sensitive IEM on the SE connection, balanced is better.

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #5,285 of 5,932
  There was noise with my roxannes on the SE connection. I would not call it a hum per se but more of a hiss. This was in CanJam so there was a lot of ambient noise also. I wouldn't be using a sensitive IEM on the SE connection, balanced is better.

So this is normal?  Can others provide some feedback on this?  Thanks in advance.

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #5,286 of 5,932
  So this is normal?  Can others provide some feedback on this?  Thanks in advance.

i recall someone using K10 SE and getting noise, yet it became better with the Balance cable. 

type K10 in the search bar of the topic to find out more info ^^

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #5,287 of 5,932
  Mine has arrived but appear to suffer a noticeably hum problem in SE configuration.  The hum issue only happens with my JH13pro and not even on my Sony MDR-CD3000.  Has anyone had this problem with IEM?  Thanks.  

Mine hums with JH13 also. No hiss, just hum (like a motor or engine that is idling). I use my Chord Mojo with Jh13 so it's not an issue with me. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #5,288 of 5,932
I just checked my HE500 and HD800 SE and balanced and then my GH1/G and roxannes SE only don't have balanced cables for them.

In all cases the SE has what i wpuld call transformer hum. The severity depends on the HP. Some cases it is not noticable to me at listening levels.
Balanced is dead quiet for the two HP'S I tried balanced.

I did try Alex's Etys that he had a balanced cable for at canjam and there was no noise with them.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #5,289 of 5,932
I just checked my HE500 and HD800 SE and balanced and then my GH1/G and roxannes SE only don't have balanced cables for them.

In all cases the SE has what i wpuld call transformer hum. The severity depends on the HP. Some cases it is not noticable to me at listening levels.
Balanced is dead quiet for the two HP'S I tried balanced.

I did try Alex's Etys that he had a balanced cable for at canjam and there was no noise with them.

Wait what??? balanced cable for ETYS where can i get that????????????????????!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
atsmile.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #5,291 of 5,932
Thanks for the feedback.  This appears to be a design fault albeit "normal" for this amp then.  I sure wish Alex had opted for a 1/8" TRRS instead of RSA balanced output for sure.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #5,292 of 5,932
Thank you Alex for really making things right. I feel even better knowing that the soon to be my unit went through another (or first?) level of quality control and testing at the Cavalli headquarters before they shipped it out today. #375 should be here on Friday ...along with my new Bifrost Multibit!

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #5,293 of 5,932
1)don't hear a hum listening single ended through acs Encore, which I believe are pretty sensitive. I ordered in the early days, wonder if something happened to production later causing the hum issue.
2) if I remember correctly, the Etys don't have a removable cable. This would mean you need to send it to a cable manufacturer to change to balanced cable, no "plug and play".
3) I would have liked TRRS better than the RSA as well, more iem's are wired balanced for them. But, they had to make some choices and some limits at this price point, I figure.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #5,294 of 5,932
Mine is #158 so not one of the later ones.

Alex was very protective of the set he had due to that. He also indicated that it was a tricky accomplishment. But he said he wanted to have them for demo.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #5,295 of 5,932
1)don't hear a hum listening single ended through acs Encore, which I believe are pretty sensitive. I ordered in the early days, wonder if something happened to production later causing the hum issue.
2) if I remember correctly, the Etys don't have a removable cable. This would mean you need to send it to a cable manufacturer to change to balanced cable, no "plug and play".

The Ety cable can be removed - you have to pull really hard. It isn't designed to be swapped out too much, so it's probably best to use an adapter (click here for an example on eBay). If you want to build your own, you'll need to add in a resistor for each side in order to get the right response. This page has more details on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back