☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jul 17, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #2,206 of 5,932

I thought they were Peeps.....lol

Probably a very nice idea to warm up those Peeps on some Class A amps before eating.
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2,207 of 5,932

Probably a very nice idea to warm up those Peeps on some Class A amps before eating.
tongue_smile.gif

Peeps are awful regardless of the temperature.

My mother loved them.  She would load up my Easter basket with Peeps knowing I wouldn't touch them, and they would be all hers without her buying them specifically for herself.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #2,208 of 5,932
I was thinking Look at all that empty space for more gear :)

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #2,209 of 5,932
I never thought of using ducks to dampen vibrations!  Does that work better or worse than unicorn meat?  :D

Looking good!  What are the two amps there?  

The three little ducks are great for attenuating overly energetic highs. The little blue guy is especially good for smoothing out female vocals when she hits the high octaves, lmao.

The small one is the Lambert "Play It By Ear" amp. Larger amp looks to be a Woo WA6.

You are correct my good sir.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #2,210 of 5,932

Can you give us some basic characteristic differences that stuck in your mind -  just lasting impressions, not A/B?

For example:
  1. SQ Tiering: Are they both or either at the TOTL SQ tier or did one or the other seem significantly superior?
  2. Signature: Are they warm, cold, smooth, bassy, neutral, colored, etc.?
  3. Pairing: What paired well or seemed like they would pair well? I.E. Audeze only vs. HD800 only vs. both or other great pairings. I found the EC ZD to be extremely good paired with both LCD and HD800.
  4. Key Value Points: What was it that made each interesting for you and how did they measure up during the audition?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Liquid carbon (dacs: cypher labs & yggy, headphones: ether, lcd-x, paradox slants)

Transparent- You know how people say that you can’t hear dacs? Bullschiit.  With the cypher labs (lcd-x & slants) this thing was colored, rich, and warm very old school.  With the yggy+ether it was clean and detailed with a strong bass. 

Perfect coloration- this thing while being transparent has a slight coloration that feels just right.  It gives a weight and body to the music that makes it palpable.

Engrossing- hard to say what was causing this but across the board the carbon tried to have the soundstage engross my head.  The y&z was great (high & width) but the x (depth) is still a mystery until I can use my gear. (remember you math plotting skills kids)

Black widow [dac-gungnir, headphones: paradox, hd650 (modded marv mods), code-x, magistrate  Kennerton audio]

Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee- this amp is quick and detail giving a detailed and layered sound.  This amp is not analytical its definitely a eddie current amp.

Prizefighter jab- the bass is sharp, detailed, and powerful without overpowering the rest of the audio.

Clarity – ever heard the schiit Valhalla 2 tube amp?  You know how the music sounds so clear out of it? Some call this tube clarity.  The BW has more than any solid state I heard. 

Which is better? Need them side by side it was a 1 month gap between listening sessions and I used different tracks.  I bought the carbon if that’s worth anything and I don’t regret it.

This is very helpful. Out of curiosity, you say that the BW is not analytical and definitely EC, then talk about its clarity that is typically associated in analytical. Is this to say that this is a warmer more colored amp that doesn't get in the way of the detail? Could you clarify a little?

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #2,211 of 5,932
this might be off topic (
biggrin.gif
), but I did manage to sneak an order in for one of these two days ago....

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,215 of 5,932
What was your order #?

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #2,216 of 5,932
This is very helpful. Out of curiosity, you say that the BW is not analytical and definitely EC, then talk about its clarity that is typically associated in analytical. Is this to say that this is a warmer more colored amp that doesn't get in the way of the detail? Could you clarify a little?

Will try to get back to you tonight I don't like making long post on my phone

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #2,218 of 5,932
They aren't sold out yet, they never were.  That was a miscommunication.

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #2,220 of 5,932
I'm in the upper 200's and I ordered within the first two hours. Even for a desirable limited edition amp or watch or anything, 500 is a whopping huge amount. Couple that with the fact that this is a :wink:relatively small community, I'm not surprised that some are still available. But they will sell out. Then where will you be.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back