☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016
May 27, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #121 of 442
  Here's a little story for you guys.  
smile.gif

I'll begin by describing one of the more useful features of being in an Apple ecosystem.

If you happen to have a multitude of Apple devices, you can have your other devices alert you whenever you get a phone call.  For example, when I get a call on my iPhone, my iPad and Mac Book Pro will also ring.  Moreover, I can even answer from those non-iPhone devices as well.  I usually don't, but I could if I wanted to.  Anyway, my point is, I think it's pretty cool that I can still take a call even though my phone is nowhere near me.

So I'm here at my desk, answering a few PMs, and listening to music.  I'm running Amarra for TIDAL into a Schiit Yggdrasil via several PYST cables and a Wyrd.  The Yggdrasil is feeding the Liquid Tungsten via a Nordost Heimdall II, with the Tungsten powered by a Nordost Blue Heaven power cord.  And all of that, collectively, is feeding a pair of open-backed ETHERs via a DUM cable.

In short, I'm having a pretty good time.  Then Luca Stricagnoli's The Future comes on in my playlist.

There's a little bit of a groove to this track.  But by and large, it's a contemplative tune that puts me into a very mellow mood.  For those of you into alternate guitar playing methods, it's also a fine example of lap-tapping.  Anyway, about 2:20 into the song, Luca starts to really take off with this.

And that's when Brian Hunter calls me.

So now, on this beautiful rig, I'm no longer listening to Luca Stricagnoli.  He's been muted.  Instead, I am now enjoying the instrumental styling known as my iPhone's ringtone.  Typically, I'd be startled by this abrupt change, but Luca has done a pretty good job of mellowing me out, so I just take it in stride... long enough to actually give that ring tone an appreciable audition on this rig.  And lemme tell ya...

The Tungsten even makes the default iPhone ringtone sound utterly fantastic!

So what was my point?  Well I suppose I really didn't have one.  I guess all of this was a long-winded way of saying that the Liquid Tungsten is back here in SoCal - and it sounds amazing!  Thanks Alex!  
smile.gif

And I'm pumped to hear the Tungsten again!!

As you know bro -  I labored heavily at CanJam SoCal - when setting up the Liquid Tungsten in the private audition room - over which cables to use where, which DAC, etc...
And me and Kevin (Moreserotonin) got that thing SINGIN'!!!!

Right now I'm goin' through the same set-up OCD for the QA Gold Edition Stack for Sat!!

And I've found that the same cable I used w/ my open-back ETHERs on the Tungsten at CanJam SoCal (my DHC Xtreme Copper 4-pin XLR) w/ this new AXIOS adapter Nate made for me - for the Gold Stack + ETHER-Cs and ETHERS just sounds SO dynamic and punchy - I even listened to my ripped straight from the master at 192K version of "Hotel California"!!!!  I know I know - but I figured someone's gonna wanna hear it!!

We're bringin' the Gold Stack now (and we're still gonna have the 600i there as-planned) because a customer just bough a pair of ETHERs from Jason and he wants to hear em on the Gold Edition!!

Gonna be FUN...
Geekin' out right now like MAD

and MAYBE we use the same DHC cables for the ETHERs Final Showdown????

May 27, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #122 of 442
So i am bringing a newbie to this weekends event, he's completely new to this is I finally convinced him to give it a try(Warren helped persuade him Wednesday).

I am super excited to see what he thinks of the Ether and Ether C because i have showed him a pair of Grados and an Edition X and he could tell it was better than what he has(ibuds).

However he enjoys ASMR and with the grados he said the sound was just too in his face which makes sense and with the Edition X he said that it was too good to listen to ASMR with because it felt too real and kept giving him chills as if the person was actually whispering in his ear, so I can't wait til this weekend when he get to try out the Ether but more importantly the Ether C.

May 27, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #123 of 442
Here's a little story for you guys.  :smile:

I'll begin by describing one of the more useful features of being in an Apple ecosystem.

If you happen to have a multitude of Apple devices, you can have your other devices alert you whenever you get a phone call.  For example, when I get a call on my iPhone, my iPad and Mac Book Pro will also ring.  Moreover, I can even answer from those non-iPhone devices as well.  I usually don't, but I could if I wanted to.  Anyway, my point is, I think it's pretty cool that I can still take a call even though my phone is nowhere near me.

So I'm here at my desk, answering a few PMs, and listening to music.  I'm running Amarra for TIDAL into a Schiit Yggdrasil via several PYST cables and a Wyrd.  The Yggdrasil is feeding the Liquid Tungsten via a Nordost Heimdall II, with the Tungsten powered by a Nordost Blue Heaven power cord.  And all of that, collectively, is feeding a pair of open-backed ETHERs via a DUM cable.

In short, I'm having a pretty good time.  Then Luca Stricagnoli's The Future comes on in my playlist.

There's a little bit of a groove to this track.  But by and large, it's a contemplative tune that puts me into a very mellow mood.  For those of you into alternate guitar playing methods, it's also a fine example of lap-tapping.  Anyway, about 2:20 into the song, Luca starts to really take off with this.

And that's when Brian Hunter calls me.

So now, on this beautiful rig, I'm no longer listening to Luca Stricagnoli.  He's been muted.  Instead, I am now enjoying the instrumental styling known as my iPhone's ringtone.  Typically, I'd be startled by this abrupt change, but Luca has done a pretty good job of mellowing me out, so I just take it in stride... long enough to actually give that ring tone an appreciable audition on this rig.  And lemme tell ya...

The Tungsten even makes the default iPhone ringtone sound utterly fantastic!

So what was my point?  Well I suppose I really didn't have one.  I guess all of this was a long-winded way of saying that the Liquid Tungsten is back here in SoCal - and it sounds amazing!  Thanks Alex!  :smile:

Just rub it in our face will ya.

May 27, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #124 of 442
So i am bringing a newbie to this weekends event, he's completely new to this is I finally convinced him to give it a try(Warren helped persuade him Wednesday).

I am super excited to see what he thinks of the Ether and Ether C because i have showed him a pair of Grados and an Edition X and he could tell it was better than what he has(ibuds).

However he enjoys ASMR and with the grados he said the sound was just too in his face which makes sense and with the Edition X he said that it was too good to listen to ASMR with because it felt too real and kept giving him chills as if the person was actually whispering in his ear, so I can't wait til this weekend when he get to try out the Ether but more importantly the Ether C.

OH

I LOVE hearing this - as I'm dialing in the Gold Edition stack for ETHER & ETHER-C Dre!!!!

Thus far, this mornin'  - I can't believe it - but I've played a few audiophile FAVES that I often curse its sounding so rhythmic, so insanely dynamic w/ ETHER-Cs!! There's also a ton more air with this current cable/power combination.

I ended up picking the same DHC cable on my ETHERs that we used on the Tungsten for the private auditions at CanJam SoCal!

Gonna be a great event for a newbie
- small and social: The PURRFECT setting actually
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #125 of 442
. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you! lol ...it's 100% under embargo we can't say a word other than its really good and it's here really soon! Let's give you this much. They are not Asian made. Best I can do at this time

and Jason's a Vietnam Vet - so he doesn't mess around 
deadhorse.gif

and I'm pumped to kick-it w/ him tomorrow!!

May 28, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #127 of 442
  When will the Live Feed be posted today?

AWESOME QUESTION!!!!

@warrenpchi - DO WE KNOW WHEN, ABOUT, THE LIVE FEED IS GOIN' UP??

and @shiorisekine - B and I are also bringin' our E-Mus per your request and a few others now!!

We'll do that After the ETHER Show-Down.

PSYCHED to see ya'll!

Packin' the Mini fulla' Questyle - Questyle be Stylin'...

I was gonna @moedawg140 Gonna send my E-Mu's to Drew to get set-up for re-cabling - like your Fostex bro
so I wanted to chat w/ ya and see who you used, if it wasn't him :) 

Peace for Now,

Mercer

May 28, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #128 of 442
AWESOME QUESTION!!!!

@warrenpchi
- DO WE KNOW WHEN, ABOUT, THE LIVE FEED IS GOIN' UP??

and @shiorisekine
 - B and I are also bringin' our E-Mus per your request and a few others now!!

We'll do that After the ETHER Show-Down.

PSYCHED to see ya'll!

Packin' the Mini fulla' Questyle - Questyle be Stylin'...

I was gonna @moedawg140
 Gonna send my E-Mu's to Drew to get set-up for re-cabling - like your Fostex bro
so I wanted to chat w/ ya and see who you used, if it wasn't him :) 

Peace for Now,

Mercer

Awesome can't wait to hear them.

May 28, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #129 of 442
mikemercer - I enlisted PETEREK for my detachable cable mod and cable mod services. Complete information with regards to the process and my experience with him is in my Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 review, here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fostex-th-x00-massdrop-exclusive/reviews/14608.

May 28, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #130 of 442
I'm bringing down a Soekris DAC1101 for people to check out.  It's a discrete R2R ladder DAC (200 resistors in a ladder!) that started as a DIY project.  See you all there!

May 28, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #131 of 442
The live feed is going up shortly! It'll be on Audio-head's Facebook page.

May 28, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #132 of 442
I thought the LAu sounded good but wait.

Here's the "Star of the Show"      ... Cavalli - TUNGSTEN     

I will be glad to pay off the dent it will create all my life to be able to listen to these. Made the Ether Shine.

... True Bliss

- Aj

May 28, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #133 of 442
True EAR Candy !!!
     - presented by mikemercer  @Questyle

The under-rated Questyle CMA600i which caught my eye today. The next big thing on my wish list.
 - High end performance yet affordable
 - True DSD... What more can i want

Gold Stack - Dedicated  L / R amp < Pre amp < DAC stack  

Had a blast listening to mikemercer's tracks ... WoW

May 28, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #134 of 442
May 29, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #135 of 442
  True EAR Candy !!!
     - presented by mikemercer  @Questyle

The under-rated Questyle CMA600i which caught my eye today. The next big thing on my wish list.
 - High end performance yet affordable
 - True DSD... What more can i want

Gold Stack - Dedicated  L / R amp < Pre amp < DAC stack  

Had a blast listening to mikemercer's tracks ... WoW

SO glad you dug the choons (a.k.a tunes - some of us say choonz) through the 600i & Gold Edition!!!!

and psyched I could lace you up with some music 
biggrin.gif

and I loved the pile  - w/ B's (Bruce) E-Mus deep in there 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back