☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Loyalty/Upgrade Discount
Feb 26, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #136 of 166
very happy to say that i placed an order for a Liquid Crimson this morning!

huge thanks warren and the cavalli crew for the discount offer and their flexibility surrounding it. super excited to plug this bad boy in and listen away. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #138 of 166

very happy to say that i placed an order for a Liquid Crimson this morning!

huge thanks warren and the cavalli crew for the discount offer and their flexibility surrounding it. super excited to plug this bad boy in and listen away. 

Quote:
Congrats! You're gonna love it!

+1!  The Crimson needs more love around here; looking forward to your impressions eventually.  :)

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #139 of 166
  You guys, Cavalli is being generous enough to offer us a discount that was totally unasked for and unexpected. 

Trying to take that and make them extend it to other products is why manufacturers don't usually do things like this. 

I just am not in a place that I can afford the full sized amps but if the new new ones are cheaper I would love the added discount.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #141 of 166
To those hoping to apply their loyalty code to any yet-unannounced products, I wouldn't get your hopes up, and I feel the same is true about the Spark. The loyalty email states the code is "...an exclusive discount off the final production runs of our premium headphone amplifiers." It goes on to call out each amp that can be discounted by name, "...save big off of a new Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold, or Liquid Lightning 2T..." There's no grey area about the email, it doesn't say anything about any other products in the Cavalli catalogue.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #142 of 166
To those hoping to apply their loyalty code to any yet-unannounced products, I wouldn't get your hopes up, and I feel the same is true about the Spark. The loyalty email states the code is "...an exclusive discount off the final production runs of our premium headphone amplifiers." It goes on to call out each amp that can be discounted by name, "...save big off of a new Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold, or Liquid Lightning 2T..." There's no grey area about the email, it doesn't say anything about any other products in the Cavalli catalogue.

Very true. Thanks for the reminder.

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #143 of 166
I think it is also pushing it to expect them to honor codes given to others. It is intended to thank us for owning the carbon. It would be, IMO, dishonest to give it to someone else unless Cavalli Audio gives the OK. Let's not abuse their offer...

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #144 of 166
I think it is also pushing it to expect them to honor codes given to others. It is intended to thank us for owning the carbon. It would be, IMO, dishonest to give it to someone else unless Cavalli Audio gives the OK. Let's not abuse their offer...

+1

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #145 of 166

Agreed. They're being extremely nice to offer them to people they want to, so let's not push it too far.

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #147 of 166
Why not?  It's mine.  It's a code and unless it is linked to my account I am happy to let someone with deeper pockets than me benefit from this kind offer (gratis too).  Who knows, it may turn into repeat business for Cavalli.  If the business tells me no, I shall respect that and delete my email

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #148 of 166

Agreed. They're being extremely nice to offer them to people they want to, so let's not push it too far.

Here here!!

And I'm not just sayin' that because I've been doin' some consulting work for Cavalli recently.
An offer like this is typically non-transferable - but I'll make an inquiry w/ Warren if you wish!

I've been a die-hard Cavalli fan for years now, since I bought my LAu and wrote it up here at Head-Fi,
so I'm psyched to do some work for Warren and Dr. Cavalli!!

As Warren wrote in his bit about the Carbon for the Buyers Guide - he and I were on the team that helped Dr. Cavalli come up with the Carbon project - unfortunately soon after my marriage fell apart so I sorta' lost touch. Next thing I know the Carbons goin' forward, and I couldn't miss my chance to get one!!

So I'm actually posting to share my excitement over this lil' personal audio GEM!!!!
And - for anyone who may see a conflict-of-interest here: Consider I disclosed that I've been asked to consult for Cavalli recently - I posted in this thread about my Carbon prior to that - just for clarification...

This amp just keeps soundin' better and better the more time I put through it. I must also recommend, MOST HIGHLY, for those of you I've read here who haven't had a chance to run the LC fully-balanced: Do so ASAP! Even if you don't own a DAC with a balanced output - see if you can borrow one from a friend or a fellow Head-Fier. Does the LC sound good runnin' unbalanced? SURE. But man, does it sing when runnin' it the way it was intended!

I've been enjoying my McIntosh D100 DAC ahead of the LC lately - as its got balanced output and RCAs as well (great for when I'm reviewing other products - I can use the DAC for multiple amps).

and I especially dig the LC when playing electronic music - like FlashBulb, Aphex Twin, Shlohmo or ESKMO!

I've been using my Double Helix Cables Xtreme w/ my MrSpeakers ETHER-C and ETHER more-so than any other pair of cans lately.
Though I also enjoy my ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 (via Cardas Clear or DHC cables) with the amp as well.

What are some of the other DACs you guys are using here?
I know there's a dedicated thread to finding the perfect DAC accompaniment - but I figured I'd ask here since this is the thread that's been hummin' the longest on the LC...

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #150 of 166
  The Liquid Gold amp is on sale for $1999 on Cavalli's website. Plus the coupon code that would make it a killer deal?

You are not reading that correctly. The Gold requires a 50% deposit, the amp itself is $3,999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back