☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Lifetime Warranty
Feb 2, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #46 of 69

Nobody ever sells a Carbon, I've been looking for months. 

Actually they do.  I bought my about two weeks ago from a Head-Fi member plus I've seen at least three others selling them as well.

Yep, got mine too from a fellow head-fier as well. The icing on the cake was that he lives in the same country and is a super great guy. The reason people sell their Carbons is that they are exposed to the Cavalli Audio sound signature and quality and want to upgrade. I doubt anyone would sell that amp because one's not happy with it 
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #47 of 69
So glad to have jumped on the Cavalli train. I love the LC, and am really impressed by the fantastic service and genuine appreciation of your customers. Exemplary!  
beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #48 of 69
Mad respect for you guys. Nothing better than a company that stands firm behind their product.

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #49 of 69
Say what??  I don't know that I've ever seen that offered before.  That's pretty awesome, Warren, thanks!  (Not that I have any plan of selling mine, but it's a great feature to have just in case!)

+1

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #50 of 69
  OK, I gotta ask. This amp was very successful. Why not make more?

Well, to be honest, we never actually intended for it to be a permanent product.  It was meant to be a very affordable thank you to the community that we are proud to be a part of.  
smile.gif

That's also why the pricing was so low on the initial run.  If we were to add it to the line-up, we'd have to raise the price up to $799 at the very least, especially in light of cost overruns that we incurred on the first batch to ensure quality standards.  And at $799, it's a slightly different value proposition of course.  Do I personally think it's worth $799?  Yes.  It trounces my previous bedroom rig amp - which is $1,498 when it's all kitted-out with an outboard power supply and upgrade tubes - but that's IMO and YMMV.  
redface.gif

We haven't ruled out anything of course, but we're focused on developing a series of new products at the moment, for release later in 2016 and 2017.  And like any company, we have finite resources, especially in terms of man-hours.  Maybe I should open up an interest check thread/poll about this?

Nobody ever sells a Carbon, I've been looking for months. 

It does happen, but they tend to sell quite quickly.  For example, just last night, http://www.head-fi.org/t/796892/fs-cavalli-liquid-carbon-mint happened.  Greed's Carbon was sold in 2 hours and 23 minutes... in the dead of night I might add.  
eek.gif

Great news, looking forward to cavali portable amp.

Me too!  
smile.gif

I was absolutely stunned the first time I heard it well over a year ago.  As I began trying different headphones and CIEMs with it, I quickly realized that it sounded more like a desktop amp than a portable... especially with regard to staging, imaging and dynamics.  And with the current prototype, it's just wow.  When people ask me how it sounds, I often describe it as sounding like a baby LAu, because that's what it sounds like.

Actually, the Liquid Spark is one of the reasons why I joined the Cavalli Audio team.  It's a project that I want to work on, and a product that I want my name to be associated with, even if only in small part as Alex has done all the heavy lifting.  When y'all hear it, you'll know in an instant what I'm trying (rather inelegantly) to say.

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #51 of 69
Mr. Warren,

I can't quite figure-out Cavalli Audio.   I just checked the Company's Site to discover you have nothing  For Sale! 

I checked to see what I could order, so,  I guess you just saved me from an Impulsive Celebratory "Iowa" Primary purchase. ( our Bernie did well ) 

I still feel like buying something but what?  maybe a Valhalla 2. !    Perhaps I'll save HD800s purchasing for after New Hampshire results.

I feel for you, especially since we talked about you accepting that "CEO" title, I've had to cope with dealers wanting "Hot" products and no way to satisfy them.  

I'll check Ebay but….   

I'll also check back, from time to time.

Tony in New Hampshire

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #53 of 69

Actually, the Liquid Spark is one of the reasons why I joined the Cavalli Audio team.  It's a project that I want to work on, and a product that I want my name to be associated with, even if only in small part as Alex has done all the heavy lifting.  When y'all hear it, you'll know in an instant what I'm trying (rather inelegantly) to say.

Does that mean the Spark (despite being single-end only) will be a better value than the LC?

Great to hear about the lifetime warranty but bitter sweet for me as I had to cancel my LC order (due to crisis; knew it would be a one-time offer).

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #54 of 69
  Apologies if this question has been answered before, but what is the thinking behind not offering another run of Carbons?

From two posts above yours:

Well, to be honest, we never actually intended for it to be a permanent product.  It was meant to be a very affordable thank you to the community that we are proud to be a part of.  
smile.gif

That's also why the pricing was so low on the initial run.  If we were to add it to the line-up, we'd have to raise the price up to $799 at the very least, especially in light of cost overruns that we incurred on the first batch to ensure quality standards.  And at $799, it's a slightly different value proposition of course.  Do I personally think it's worth $799?  Yes.  It trounces my previous bedroom rig amp - which is $1,498 when it's all kitted-out with an outboard power supply and upgrade tubes - but that's IMO and YMMV.  
redface.gif

We haven't ruled out anything of course, but we're focused on developing a series of new products at the moment, for release later in 2016 and 2017.  And like any company, we have finite resources, especially in terms of man-hours.  Maybe I should open up an interest check thread/poll about this?

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #55 of 69
  Mr. Warren,

I can't quite figure-out Cavalli Audio.  I just checked the Company's Site to discover you have nothing  For Sale! 

We're always keen to experiment with new business models, and I must say, we're on a roll with this one.  

In fact, we're currently enjoying a 100% success rate at not selling anything, which is amazing as I've only been on the job for two weeks so far!  Though it's in the world of finance, and not our core competency, here's another interesting business model we're currently evaluating:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/first-citywide-change-bank/n9701
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/first-citiwide-bank-change-ii/n9703

In all seriousness though, we'll be making two announcements within the next week or so that you guys will want to hear about.  Stay tuned gents!

I still feel like buying something but what?  maybe a Valhalla 2. !    Perhaps I'll save HD800s purchasing for after New Hampshire results.

I haven't heard one yet, but our good friends at Schiit make some fine gear!  
smile.gif

Tony in New Hampshire

On vacation?  
smile.gif

Does that mean the Spark (despite being single-end only) will be a better value than the LC?

No, I don't think so.  The Carbon is able to drive less-sensitive headphones with greater authority, and with far more headroom on tap.  The portable is no slouch, but it's still a portable after all.  However, if you're going to be using IEMs (custom or otherwise) - which some Carbon users are doing - the new Liquid Spark will almost certainly be the better choice.

Great to hear about the lifetime warranty but bitter sweet for me as I had to cancel my LC order (due to crisis; knew it would be a one-time offer).

That might change actually.  We've been getting quite a few requests for another Carbon run, so we're seriously thinking about it atm.  
smile.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #56 of 69

"...That said, I'd be happy to transfer warranties for y'all if you contact me to let me know who you purchased it from and what your serial number is.  You can email me anytime at warren@cavalliaudio.com.  
smile.gif
..."

Wow, this is unbelievable.  Retroactively extending a warranty from 1 year to lifetime, and on top of that effectively making it transferrable!

I don't recall ever seeing such a customer-friendly move by any company - not just in audio but for any product that I've ever owned for sure.

Nice going, Cavalli!

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #57 of 69
Thank you Warren and the Doc for the incredible service and attention to detail!

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #60 of 69
  What about my Liquid Fire? :D It still works fine but would be great if you would extend the warranty for the LF 
bigsmile_face.gif

As that predates my joining Head-Fi, that is decidedly above my pay grade.  You'll have to talk to Alex about that.  
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back