☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Jan 1, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #1,142 of 1,260
  I need a Liquid carbon in my life. anyone wanna trade for an NFB-28,lol? Nah, i love the NFB too much to get rid of

I actually got rid of my NFB-28 after getting the Carbon.  I had already gotten a DAC-19 and was using just the amp section of the NFB-28 since the DAC-19 is so much better than the DAC section.  Once I got the LC, there was no reason to have the NFB-28 around anymore since my amp was now better also.

I love the NFB-28.  But the LC is a notably better amp than the built-in amp section.  The NFB-28 feels too bright and it's got a very wide but shallow soundstage.  It has more power than the LC, for sure, but there are very few headphones these days that need it.

Just my $0.02.  As I said, loved my NFB-28 and I'd still recommend it in a heartbeat for someone looking in that budget range.  But the LC is a step up if you can afford it.

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #1,143 of 1,260
I actually got rid of my NFB-28 after getting the Carbon.  I had already gotten a DAC-19 and was using just the amp section of the NFB-28 since the DAC-19 is so much better than the DAC section.  Once I got the LC, there was no reason to have the NFB-28 around anymore since my amp was now better also.

I love the NFB-28.  But the LC is a notably better amp than the built-in amp section.  The NFB-28 feels too bright and it's got a very wide but shallow soundstage.  It has more power than the LC, for sure, but there are very few headphones these days that need it.

Just my $0.02.  As I said, loved my NFB-28 and I'd still recommend it in a heartbeat for someone looking in that budget range.  But the LC is a step up if you can afford it.

Well I appreciate the opinion. That's actually good to know and it just makes me want one of thos LC's even more. I may have to sell the AGD soon enough in order to afford. I was mainly hoping to "keep it in the family" if you will.

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #1,144 of 1,260
Well I appreciate the opinion. That's actually good to know and it just makes me want one of thos LC's even more. I may have to sell the AGD soon enough in order to afford. I was mainly hoping to "keep it in the family" if you will.

Yeah, I know that feeling.  I still haven't gotten around to selling my NFB-15.32 even though it's not being used anymore.  It's just such a great little device for the money, I hate to get rid of it.

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #1,145 of 1,260
Yeah, I know that feeling.  I still haven't gotten around to selling my NFB-15.32 even though it's not being used anymore.  It's just such a great little device for the money, I hate to get rid of it.

At this point, I'd keep it if I were you. I regret selling mine when I upgraded, and since he NFB15 isnt being made they can sell for more than they originally did. Save it, it'll be a piece of your audiophile history.

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #1,146 of 1,260
  The sonic quality of the Carbon is subtle. It does not "come at you" and "grab your headphones" and ears the way many other amplifiers do. It takes a little longer to appreciate, unlike some of the more popular brands of headphone amplifiers. And it may not do particularly well at meet conditions. It is definitely suited best to many hours of enjoyable listen while at home, or due to its small size while on travel.

I also find that it works quite well with the highest tier of headphones. Think along the lines of HE-1000, HD800S, etc. I suspect many people may be looking at this as an affordable Cavalli amplifier, which it is! However it still truly shines best with the best of the headphones. And the best of the sources...those who are stretching their budget to buy this may not have either good transducers or good sources.

Thus I suspect these qualities are what makes the turnaround so high. Consumers are not using this like the high quality amplifier it truly is. Give it some time, and it'll grow on you.

I love this post. I think it hits the nail on the head. One of the reasons the Carbon shines is how musical it is. Sometimes solid states can make the music sound really forced.One of the reasons why could be to make attention to detail easier to hear. I like how the Carbon still retains great detail but it doesn't push it onto you. In my opinion its exactly what i like to hear when it comes to solid states. Truly liquid! ha

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #1,147 of 1,260
With my new Ether C Flow I can tell you the LC made a difference I wouldn't call subtle...
It's a bit like moving from a black and white to a colour TV.

But I guess it's a magic match between the LC and the Ether C, it could sound different with different cans.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,148 of 1,260
Nooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhooooooooo!M

eek.gif

frown.gif

I wish I didn't have to compound that with more bad news, but after years of being very careful - and having the best customers that any company could hope for - we've finally gotten hit with a bit of credit card fraud over the holidays.  

So, as a quick public service announcement to anybody in the market for a second-hand Carbon 2.0, please know that Liquid Carbon #700 is NOT covered under warranty.  It's now considered stolen property.  Please don't buy it.

We don't even care about getting it back, but we'd hate for one of you guys to get stuck with it.  
redface.gif

And in other news, I'll be back shortly with some good news about the Amarra software.  They were in the process of fixing some decent sized bugs for a while, but it looks like they're just about ready to release it.  I've been working with them to push our Carbon 2.0 bonus guys up to the front of the line, so a lot of you guys should have something in your email inboxes soon.  
smile.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,149 of 1,260

eek.gif

frown.gif

I wish I didn't have to compound that with more bad news, but after years of being very careful - and having the best customers that any company could hope for - we've finally gotten hit with a bit of credit card fraud over the holidays.  

So, as a quick public service announcement to anybody in the market for a second-hand Carbon 2.0, please know that Liquid Carbon #700 is NOT covered under warranty.  It's now considered stolen property.  Please don't buy it.

We don't even care about getting it back, but we'd hate for one of you guys to get stuck with it.  
redface.gif

And in other news, I'll be back shortly with some good news about the Amarra software.  They were in the process of fixing some decent sized bugs for a while, but it looks like they're just about ready to release it.  I've been working with them to push our Carbon 2.0 bonus guys up to the front of the line, so a lot of you guys should have something in your email inboxes soon.  
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing this. There are always some lowlifes, scumbags... whatever you call them, that have no regard for hard working people, they are not part of this community, may they be hit by lightening...  I rest my case

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #1,150 of 1,260

eek.gif

frown.gif

redface.gif

smile.gif

Thanks for the update. Once received if we have any questions should we contact Sonic for those? 

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #1,151 of 1,260

redface.gif

Thanks for sharing this. There are always some lowlifes, scumbags... whatever you call them, that have no regard for hard working people, they are not part of this community, may they be hit by lightening...  I rest my case

And it seems that they're not even going to use it... apparently they just want to profit off it!  
mad.gif

Thanks to @boneofimba's vigilant eye, the culprits have been found!  
smile.gif

Somebody named jonsaudio is trying to sell Carbon #700 on an Indonesian site called Tokopedia:  https://www.tokopedia.com/jonsaudio/cavalli-audio-liquid-carbon-2.  And they're also trying to fraud whomever might buy it, by crudely attempting to change the serial number to 480.  boneofimba wisely snapped this photo from their listing, before they had a chance to remove it:

Again, we don't care about getting the unit back.  But we want everybody to know so that they don't get taken in by this thief.  Please be careful guys!

And let's all give boneofimba a hand and for looking out us!  
beerchug.gif

smile.gif

Thanks for the update. Once received if we have any questions should we contact Sonic for those? 

Yes, I forgot to mention that.  Just to be clear, you guys are receiving full licenses of Amarra 4 Standard Edition, and not a "lite" or crippled license through us.  Your impending license keys make you full licensees of Sonic Studio software, the same as you would be if you directly purchased from them.  The only difference is that we've paid the bill for you.  
smile.gif

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #1,152 of 1,260

And it seems that they're not even going to use it... apparently they just want to profit off it!  
mad.gif

smile.gif

Somebody named jonsaudio is trying to sell Carbon #700 on an Indonesian site called Tokopedia:  https://www.tokopedia.com/jonsaudio/cavalli-audio-liquid-carbon-2.  And they're also trying to fraud whomever might buy it, by crudely attempting to change the serial number to 480.  boneofimba wisely snapped this photo from their listing, before they had a chance to remove it:

Again, we don't care about getting the unit back.  But we want everybody to know so that they don't get taken in by this thief.  Please be careful guys!

And let's all give boneofimba a hand and for looking out us!  
beerchug.gif

Yes, I forgot to mention that.  Just to be clear, you guys are receiving full licenses of Amarra 4 Standard Edition, and not a "lite" or crippled license through us.  Your impending license keys make you full licensees of Sonic Studio software, the same as you would be if you directly purchased from them.  The only difference is that we've paid the bill for you.  
smile.gif

Ugh, I hope you can catch this scammer. 

I have a question. I had my LC warranty transferred to me by Cavalli customer service since I bought it from another head-fier. How can I receive the Amarra license?

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #1,153 of 1,260

I have a question. I had my LC warranty transferred to me by Cavalli customer service since I bought it from another head-fier. How can I receive the Amarra license?

We should have a record of that.  If you can PM me with your name, email, and LC serial number, I'll be able to check our list to make sure you're on it.  
smile.gif

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #1,154 of 1,260

mad.gif

smile.gif

Oh I saw that Carbon listing on Indonesian audio group on FB and apparently it's been sold to another Indonesian so yeah, no chance of getting it back.
Heck, credit card fraud is pretty common in Indonesia and that's truly disgracing. Can't really wish you luck for this but tbh finding the Carbon itself won't be too hard I think.

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #1,155 of 1,260
  Hello,

I am in the situation you describe... HD-800S, Liquid Carbon and FIIO X7 as source. 
The X7 is pretty good but... I feel that the setup deserves a better DAC.
I'm pretty much sold on R2R but is the Bimby enough I should I go for bigger? 

The smaller "Mimby" Schiit R2R might be a more cost-effective solution. You sacrifice upgradability, but everyone says that the quality is very similar to the Bimby's. But this is 2nd hand info, I don't have a Mimby myself. I own a Bimby (which I use with a LC 2.0 or a Jot, still unsure of which one I like best), and an Yggy (in my bigger-iron 2-channel system).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back