☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Dec 24, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,111 of 1,260
The link is not working, what was the product?

The link had an extra "and" at the end this one should work for you.
Crap mine had an extra space in it
mad.gif

This one should work....
beerchug.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236890

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #1,116 of 1,260
Dec 27, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #1,117 of 1,260
This is completely off topic...

Yeah, sorry... But ya know how it is, you get to know the gang on a forum you enjoy and then you really want their advice, rather than jumping in cold to a more appropriate forum and not knowing anyone there. Once I get a product though I switch to its forum.

But feel free to get us back on topic! What did you do with your LC today :) ?

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #1,118 of 1,260

Listening to 2 CD's I got for Christmas:

West of Flushing South of Frisco
Supersonic Blues Machine 

and still I rise
Heritage Blues Orchestra

The music is tasty and the Liquid Carbon is stellar.

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #1,119 of 1,260

Yeah, sorry... But ya know how it is, you get to know the gang on a forum you enjoy and then you really want their advice, rather than jumping in cold to a more appropriate forum and not knowing anyone there. Once I get a product though I switch to its forum.

But feel free to get us back on topic! What did you do with your LC today :) ?

Well, i do Enjoy my LC Carbon a lot running with a Audeze LCD XC... But still this forum depends on on topic issues, reading about 2TB harddrives is not what people following this thread want, so thank you for your concerns..

Dec 29, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #1,120 of 1,260
Since I received my LC I've been listening to it instead of running them through a burn-in period.  Well, today the LC passed through some milestone and the SQ has jumped significantly.  For me, "Wow" would be an understatement.  I see a long, long relationship for LC and me.

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #1,121 of 1,260
Do you guys know if the LC would benefit from a power filter?

Some of them offer different plugs of which some are kept out of the filtering circuit. Is that because some devices are better fed with unfiltered power?
Sorry I am really ignorant on the subject...

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #1,122 of 1,260
Do you guys know if the LC would benefit from a power filter?

Some of them offer different plugs of which some are kept out of the filtering circuit. Is that because some devices are better fed with unfiltered power?

That's ok Doraymon! We all started from knowing nothing!
At this level of gear, everything matters. I was reluctant to believe in accessories for my accessories, but now after repeat demonstrations with DanaCable and Nordost gear I begrudgingly recoignize that power conditioning, cables of all kinds, and even vibration isolation cones make a surprising and obvious A/B difference in a high-end setup.
I say begrudgingly because I don't want to spend the extra money, but at the same time these things fix issues and make the performance more "real," transparent, and fun sounding in ways that DAC upgrades can't touch. Makes me feel comfortable sticking with the Carbon for now though, at least!

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #1,123 of 1,260

The filters add impedance in the power supply circuit that can negatively affect the transient performance of equipment such as power amplifiers.

It´s not likely to affect a small headphone amp like the LC but, unless you have a particular problem with a noisy power supply, it won offer any benefit either.

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #1,124 of 1,260
The input impedance of the LC is DRASTICALLY higher than a headphone's 300 or 600 ohms...

I was careful to say conditioning instead of filtering, because filtering is one part of conditioning as a larger category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back