☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Jul 28, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #751 of 1,260

If that guy is indeed a competitor to Cavalli, that does not serve to discredit his findings at all in my mind. Seems he would have a lot to lose by lying and that would be pretty dumb thing to do. 

As dumb as Cavalli himself lying?

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #752 of 1,260
Yeah, that guy seems to have some beef with/about Cavailli for sure.  That doesn't automatically make his findings untrue though. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #753 of 1,260
  Yeah, that guy seems to have some beef with/about Cavailli for sure.  That doesn't automatically make his findings untrue though. 

I have no background that would allow me the knowledge that can prove him right or disprove him but just to go on about it because a couple of guys disagree with someone else's design philosophy is wrong.

So, unless more experts could enlighten us about the situation more, its best to take the comments with a grain of salt.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #754 of 1,260

I have no background that would allow me the knowledge that can prove him right or disprove him but just to go on about it because a couple of guys disagree with someone else's design philosophy is wrong.

So, unless more experts could enlighten us about the situation more, its best to take the comments with a grain of salt.

+1.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #755 of 1,260
On the other hand, Cavalli has not denied his findings (and that was over a month ago). I would think they would have if they were untrue. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #756 of 1,260
On the other hand, Cavalli has not denied his findings (and that was over a month ago). I would think they would have if they were untrue. 

He is probably busy with stuff like the Tungsten. He hasn't been replying to anything here for a while. If you remember about the second run, i dont believe he even said anything about it.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #757 of 1,260

That logic also doesn't hold up under critical thinking.  If I say something absurd about you (e.g. "Mediahound has a third nipple on his forehead!") and you don't deny it, doesn't make it true by default.  

Why would Alex lie about his amp being balanced?  He's made multiple $3k+ amps that are single-ended and he's building a new flagship that's SE.  Occam's Razor says it's much more likely that someone is just trying to stir up trouble again.  

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #758 of 1,260

If I say something absurd about you (e.g. "Mediahound has a third nipple on his forehead!") and you don't deny it, doesn't make it true by default.  

It pretty much would had you posted pictures and I still didn't deny it. Further, what the guy is claiming is not something absurd. Technical yes, but quite believable, especially to those understanding of amp topologies. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #759 of 1,260

It pretty much would had you posted pictures and I still didn't deny it. 

Again, I'm not an engineer so those pics mean nothing to me.  Any of us could have opened up our LC's any time in the last 7 months and seen the same thing as those pics show.  We didn't because we'd learn nothing from looking at the innards of the amp.

In the same way, if I posted a picture of your DNA and said "see?  here are the areas that are responsible for the third nipple!" it wouldn't prove anything to most people either.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #760 of 1,260

That logic also doesn't hold up under critical thinking.  If I say something absurd about you (e.g. "Mediahound has a third nipple on his forehead!") and you don't deny it, doesn't make it true by default.  

Why would Alex lie about his amp being balanced?  He's made multiple $3k+ amps that are single-ended and he's building a new flagship that's SE.  Occam's Razor says it's much more likely that someone is just trying to stir up trouble again.  

I agree Stillhart.  I have been in the product production and marketing in another field for More then 40 years.  The first thing that I can say is that you make more headway selling the benefits of your own products not trying to run down some ones else.
After all the reviews from respected Head-Fi about the Carbon I can't believe its Snakeoil.   If you feel it's Snakeoil vote with your wallet.  Don't buy one. 
I bought mine on the strength of the reviews.  When I had a opportunity to listen to the Carbon at the Chicago Audio show I was very happy with my choice.
At the end of the day it all about music. Right?

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #761 of 1,260
I thought long and hard before I ordered one and Stillhart 's words rang true with me and I ordered one. It will be the only Cavalli amp I will own due to the major cost of his other gear.

Enough people, people I trust, listening to it say it sounds amazing. I am sure I will get my moneys worth!

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #762 of 1,260

It pretty much would had you posted pictures and I still didn't deny it. Further, what the guy is claiming is not something absurd. Technical yes, but quite believable, especially to those understanding of amp topologies. 

The person is a very intelligent engineer, and has designed the amp topology for a very impressive amp on the market.  But the fact that he can try and refute Alex in such an unprofessional manor makes me discredit him and his findings.  True or not, he is far too emotional on the subject for me to assume he's introduced bias in his findings.  (I'm no Electrical Engineer, but I swear he was pointing to the phase splitter in his photos...)

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #763 of 1,260

The person is a very intelligent engineer, and has designed the amp topology for a very impressive amp on the market.  But the fact that he can try and refute Alex in such an unprofessional manor makes me discredit him and his findings.  True or not, he is far too emotional on the subject for me to assume he's introduced bias in his findings.  (I'm no Electrical Engineer, but I swear he was pointing to the phase splitter in his photos...)

Yeah true. His tactics seem a bit strange.

I really don't know if I believe what he claims.  Seems like others here just don't want to admit it's possibly true. Until it's actually proven/tested, or refuted by someone at Cavalli, we can't know for sure. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #765 of 1,260
Yeah true. His tactics seem a bit strange.

I really don't know if I believe what he claims.  Seems like others here just don't want to admit it's possibly true. Until it's actually proven/tested, or refuted by someone at Cavalli, we can't know for sure. 

Even if its true, it wouldn't affect me much. I use balance connections, and love the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back