☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Jul 25, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #706 of 1,260
  I found a site headphoneaudiophile.com that is taking orders for the Liquid Carbon. The price is $799 and the delivery is September. Is this for real, are carbons still coming?

i don't think they are still coming,

but may be they bought some of the final production run and they are selling it ( as a first thought may be for extra money, but since it is the same price may be they do it for reputation then) although they don't mention anything about the extras (power cable or shirt)

they have around 28 of them in stock.

may be cavalli could confirm that this company got that much of them stock ..

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #707 of 1,260

i don't think they are still coming,

but may be they bought some of the final production run and they are selling it ( as a first thought may be for extra money, but since it is the same price may be they do it for reputation then) although they don't mention anything about the extras (power cable or shirt)

they have around 28 of them in stock.

may be cavalli could confirm that this company got that much of them stock ..

Mr. Alex should reply about it specially since they have such an announcement on their website :

"We made a big announcement at the inaugural Canlanta 2016 this last weekend, so for those of you who could not attend, the big news is that HeadphoneAudiophile.com is proud to announce that it is the premier internet retailer for the Cavalli Audio line of products! Starting immediately the Cavalli line will be able to be ordered at HeadphoneAudiophile.com . We are currently taking pre-orders for the last batch of Liquid Carbon and also the last run of Liquid Gold. With the announcement of the new batch of the Liquid Carbon ($799) there is also a new portable amplifier called the Liquid Spark ($499) that has been seen in prototype form all of the world for the last year at select Audio Shows and Headphone Meets. It has garnered a lot of attention and anticipation based on the sound this little box puts out to some serious headphones! The Liquid Spark is getting close to being put into production! The Initial batch of Liquid Sparks is limited to only a thousand units worldwide and will disappear quickly. info@headphoneaudiophile.com is now taking reservations, so please contact us to make sure you are able to secure one for yourself! headphoneaudiophile.com"

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #709 of 1,260

It's actually a legitimate audio site...I purchased my Questyle QP1R from them. Their customer service was great.

It's just strange they don't say that they're an authorized Cavalli retailer or anything. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #710 of 1,260
Maybe Cavalli does not want the headache of running a consumer facing distribution process? For a small company to take that on and still run a "world class" (my words and opinion) production and design facility means compromise and possibly they do not want to compromise. If the announcement quoted came from Cavalli it would seem to indicate a legit partnership.    
Personally cannot wait for mine to get here in the next few weeks. I can hear the wifey complaining now about me not coming out of the office. I made a pre-emeptive strike to level that by buying her 2 paintings she wanted this weekend. That should buy me some time with my new toy. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #711 of 1,260
I went ahead and took the leap! Ordered on-line. I emailed with a couple of questions and have not received the reply yet. I hope it is legit, they charged my CC right away. I'll post any updates.

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #712 of 1,260
It's legit.  That's Joe Saxon's site.  He and Jason at The Source A/V are the only two resellers in the US and those are the only two places to still get the Liquid Carbon and Liquid Gold right now.

I met Joe at the SF Meet recently.  He's a good guy.

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #713 of 1,260
Great to hear that news! !!!!!! I really wanted a LC and was worried that the site might be to good to be true! Thank you for sharing the information. Now, I've got to decide on a DAC to go with the LC, Onkyo dp-x1, ZMF X Vibro MKII, Fostex TH-X00 and my Mac. The search continues!

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #714 of 1,260
  Great to hear that news! !!!!!! I really wanted a LC and was worried that the site might be to good to be true! Thank you for sharing the information. Now, I've got to decide on a DAC to go with the LC, Onkyo dp-x1, ZMF X Vibro MKII, Fostex TH-X00 and my Mac. The search continues!

You might want to give the Chord Mojo a look.  Great DAC and will work well as a portable too

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #715 of 1,260

Schiit just announced a new DAC that some might find interesting...

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #717 of 1,260
The site is very legit! I have my LC on order too from Joe @jmsaxon69 (thanks man
biggrin.gif
).

I went ahead and took the leap! Ordered on-line. I emailed with a couple of questions and have not received the reply yet. I hope it is legit, they charged my CC right away. I'll post any updates.

Don't worry. He'll get to you. He's busy with all the meets and other stuff on his webstore.

@Stillhart

Do you know if Schiit amps can run only on usb power or the more advanced units need an adaptor?

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #718 of 1,260
  The site is very legit! I have my LC on order too from Joe @jmsaxon69 (thanks man
biggrin.gif
).

Don't worry. He'll get to you. He's busy with all the meets and other stuff on his webstore.

@Stillhart

Do you know if Schiit amps can run only on usb power or the more advanced units need an adaptor?

I think you're talking DACs right? Since you mention USB. The Modi 2 uses USB power. Anything Uber and above uses a wall adaptor, if I recall correctly.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #719 of 1,260
Originally Posted by felix3650 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

snip

@Stillhart

If you go add it to your cart, it asks you what kind of power adapter you want...

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #720 of 1,260
I've been pondering the Schiit equipment, a lot of good reviews. I'm leaning toward a balanced DAC to match up with LC, Don't know if it really makes a big difference. I'm just starting to build a system and I thought I would just skip the whole "balanced" debate and start out balanced since the LC offers balanced etc. Open to suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back