☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 5, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #196 of 1,260

Ha! I've mentioned it, but I don't have a picture of it lifting the LC. It's true though, I needed to put the BMB on top of the LC to hold it down, otherwise the AC-9 will just leave the amp dangling in the air. FWIW, in spite of its insanely impractical stiffness, the AC-9 sounded fantastic.

I did post a pic of me trying to press it flat on the table when it was plugged into the LAu, thoug

Not to hijack this thread, but - what's a BMB?

While I haven't tried the Pangea cables with Liquid anything (patiently waiting for my LAu order this fall!), I do second the improvement over stock cables. Agree about the stiffness of the AC-9. I compromised and only used the AC-9 from the wall to my Dectet power center. Using AC-14SE Mk II for all my head gear. 

Do you have a link to your posts (or the thread) regarding the "free" AQ NRG-X3 cable? Would be curious to see how it compared to the Pangea.

BMB = Bifrost Multibit.

I'm not sure if I ever compared those two cables in a very direct or succinct way. Short story is the Pangea AC-9 is more dynamic (macro and micro) and has better bass. The AQ NRG X-3 is more smooth-sounding with an obvious design emphasis on eliminating any shred of grain from the treble. Both offered a lower noise floor and better separation relative to the generic Monoprice cable.

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #197 of 1,260

Updates & Errata

Please note:  As of 11:25a (Central Time) on April 5th, 2016, the Golden Tickets portion of the offer above has been cancelled indefinitely. Details to follow in the thread.  Thanks in advance for your understanding!  :smile:  

Woke up to this, kinda sucks for the people that could have won these great items that might not be able to afford them.

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #199 of 1,260
  Is that a Forza Audioworks headphone cable on the very first picture in this thread (Warren's first post)? If so, than what XLR balanced plug does it have? :)

It's a Double Helix DIY cable. That's the rhodium-plated tellurium copper 4-pin XLR. I think the OEM on that particular connector might have been Valab, but I believe DHC gets their 4-pin XLRs from Eidolic now.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #201 of 1,260
Woo! I just bought a $799.00 t-shirt and am getting a FREE AMP with it!  I can't wait to try it on!
rolleyes.gif

Seriously, order placed!

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #203 of 1,260
  I may have missed it but are they limiting the number of units built or is it basically unlimited until May 5?

They've said it'll be open until a certain date, implying that there's no limit.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #205 of 1,260
They've said it'll be open until a certain date, implying that there's no limit.
The first 500 LC's took several months to sell out. Like they finally sold out a week before they shipped. There might have been a 1 in 50 chance at the cancelled Golden Tickets.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #206 of 1,260
The first 500 LC's took several months to sell out. Like they finally sold out a week before they shipped. There might have been a 1 in 50 chance at the cancelled Golden Tickets.

Wow I'm surprised it took so long to sell all 500 especially for the price.  This amp seems to be universally loved.  I've read a some reviews and i'm pretty excited to own one myself.  I still a little nervous since i've always preferred tubes;  anyone know how it compares to a Lyr 2 with nice warm tubes (like Siemens CCa's)? I'll be running it with a Bimby, HD800's and JH Audio Roxannes.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #208 of 1,260
Wow I'm surprised it took so long to sell all 500 especially for the price.  This amp seems to be universally loved.  I've read a some reviews and i'm pretty excited to own one myself.  I still a little nervous since i've always preferred tubes;  anyone know how it compares to a Lyr 2 with nice warm tubes (like Siemens CCa's)? I'll be running it with a Bimby, HD800's and JH Audio Roxannes.
The real point is that there will be a new one for everyone who wants one. The LC sounds Much Better than my lyr2 with decent tubes. The HD800's sound great with the LC. But a balanced cable is a must. Congratulations you will have a killer setup.
500 is a lot of anything. Especially for a limited edition. AND this is a tiny community.

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #209 of 1,260

Remember that at the time, only a few people had heard pre-production prototypes of the LC. It wasn't a given that everyone was going to love the amp at the time.

I haven't used those headphones on the Lyr 2, but IMO the LC has a very tube-like sound, which is a big part of its appeal.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #210 of 1,260

The LC is warmer, more polite up top, more dynamic, more transparent and more involving overall compared to my Lyr 1 w/ Telefunken E88CC's and Dario Miniwatt 188CCs. I think you will be quite pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back