☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 6, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #212 of 1,260
The first 500 LC's took several months to sell out. Like they finally sold out a week before they shipped. There might have been a 1 in 50 chance at the cancelled Golden Tickets.

That's good to know. At least I have more time to pull the trigger and try lesser amps.  I remember hearing the LCs at CanJam and thought they sounded good

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #213 of 1,260
Placed my order soon as it was available yesterday but..... Has any more been said about the warranty yet ??

Tbh with the price difference, long wait till production and the fact I don't need the power cable, I would be tempted by a 2nd hand 1st gen model if I found a good one for sale, especially if it was already in Europe to save paying the import tax etc...
If the new version only comes with a standard warranty too that might make me cancel. :ph34r:

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #214 of 1,260
  Wow I'm surprised it took so long to sell all 500 especially for the price.  This amp seems to be universally loved.  I've read a some reviews and i'm pretty excited to own one myself.  I still a little nervous since i've always preferred tubes;  anyone know how it compares to a Lyr 2 with nice warm tubes (like Siemens CCa's)? I'll be running it with a Bimby, HD800's and JH Audio Roxannes.

I was a bit stunned myself.  But I think the long wait might have scared a few customers away.  I'm sure folks in summit-fi are used to these kind of waits, but us "lunch box folks" are more used to off the shelf stuff...

But the first 200 or so sold in a day, and that got the process of all the ordering parts going.

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #215 of 1,260
Placed my order soon as it was available yesterday but..... Has any more been said about the warranty yet ??

Tbh with the price difference, long wait till production and the fact I don't need the power cable, I would be tempted by a 2nd hand 1st gen model if I found a good one for sale, especially if it was already in Europe to save paying the import tax etc...
If the new version only comes with a standard warranty too that might make me cancel.
ph34r.gif

The first LC run had the lifetime warranty and I don't see any reason why this run wouldn't.  However, it's not specifically stated on cavalliaudio.com.

This is written in the opening post of this thread:
"Since that day, many of our Liquid Carbons have gone on to serve their owners faithfully and well, covered by our lifetime warranty.  Others have traded hands a few times, as those who missed out on the initial production run eagerly sought to get their hands (and ears) on a Liquid Carbon."

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #216 of 1,260
The lifetime warranty was just for the first Carbon run due to issues related to manufacturing, therefore if this next batch is made to the same quality build as their other products, the warranty would be there standard policy.  However, what is their standard warranty policy?  I couldn't find it for their other amps on the website.  No need to worry, if there are problems then they will step up as they did with the first batch of Carbons.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #217 of 1,260
  That's good to know. At least I have more time to pull the trigger and try lesser amps.  I remember hearing the LCs at CanJam and thought they sounded good

You don't have 6 months on this run.  The last one was limited to 500 units.  This one is limited by time, implying they'll sell as many units as people order within that timeframe.  Which is a month, BTW.

The lifetime warranty was just for the first Carbon run due to issues related to manufacturing, therefore if this next batch is made to the same quality build as their other products, the warranty would be there standard policy.  However, what is their standard warranty policy?  I couldn't find it for their other amps on the website.  No need to worry, if there are problems then they will step as they did with the first batch of Carbons.

The original warranty on the first run Carbon was 1 year IIRC.  No word yet on what the warranty is for 2nd run.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #218 of 1,260
  The lifetime warranty was just for the first Carbon run due to issues related to manufacturing...

Quite the opposite, actually.

Quote: Warren
On the day that the Liquid Carbon was first conceived as a product, a wide variety of possible features were discussed.  Some of these features made it into the final Liquid Carbon design, others didn’t.  
One of these possible features was a lifetime warranty.  However, since we had very little data on expected failure rates, there was no way for us to reasonably offer an extended warranty.  And so, the Liquid Carbon initially shipped with our standard 1-year warranty.

Over the past two months, we’ve been analyzing and cataloging the various issues associated with the Carbons that have been returned for servicing, and we now have pretty good idea of how robust they are, and how well they hold up under real-world usage conditions.

In short, we are now very confident that your Liquid Carbons will stand the test of time.  And so, the time has come to reactivate a long dormant feature…

Effective immediately, all original Liquid Carbon owners now enjoy a lifetime warranty for their Liquid Carbons!  
smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796889/cavalli-audio-liquid-carbon-lifetime-warranty

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #219 of 1,260
Regarding the raffle issue, it could be marked as "token of appreciations" from the company. Every LC shipped out will contain this Token of appreciation. Then there will be info printed behind the token together with hand signed on the token to make the token of it own value.

Then the buyers can send back the token to legally enter the event where the Token of Appreciation is being Appreciated, 2 random Token will be chosen to be kept by CA, and the chosen one will not get their Tokens back, but the Liquid Gold. The non-chosen Token will be mailed back to the original owner.

How does that sound ? Lol

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #221 of 1,260
So, from what I read.... Does the Carbon exhibit more bass and  a bit softer (but still prominent) highs than that of the Lyr 2/Mjolnir 2? Really thinking on this one before I decide to switch around my setup. 

Currently running Bifrost Multibit->Lyr2/Crack->DT990 600ohm | T1 Gen2 | HE-500 

I was either thinking that I could grab an LCD series headphone to get a smooth house sound, or change amps. Tough decisions!

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #222 of 1,260
  So, from what I read.... Does the Carbon exhibit more bass and  a bit softer (but still prominent) highs than that of the Lyr 2/Mjolnir 2? Really thinking on this one before I decide to switch around my setup. 

Currently running Bifrost Multibit->Lyr2/Crack->DT990 600ohm | T1 Gen2 | HE-500 

I was either thinking that I could grab an LCD series headphone to get a smooth house sound, or change amps. Tough decisions!

The LC will be slightly darker (but also more detailed and extended) relative to the Lyr. Schiit's amps tend to run a little bit on the brighter side of the spectrum. The LC (and any Cavalli amp) will also deliver bigger, harder-hitting bass relative to the Schiit. Dat bass won me over instantly. I've seen more than a few jaws drop to it with the LC on your same DAC. It is truly impressive.

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #223 of 1,260

The LC will be slightly darker (but also more detailed and extended) relative to the Lyr. Schiit's amps tend to run a little bit on the brighter side of the spectrum. The LC (and any Cavalli amp) will also deliver bigger, harder-hitting bass relative to the Schiit. Dat bass won me over instantly. I've seen more than a few jaws drop to it with the LC on your same DAC. It is truly impressive.

I beg to differ, my Mjolnir 2 hit harder across the entire FR, depending on what tubes were in it at the time. The MJ2 and my Dad's Lyr 2 with Russian 6N23P tubes out hit the LC in the bass department.

Really I don't think it's a fair fight putting a transportatble amp up against full fledged home amps. The home amps did everything better.

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #225 of 1,260

I beg to differ, my Mjolnir 2 hit harder across the entire FR, depending on what tubes were in it at the time. The MJ2 and my Dad's Lyr 2 with Russian 6N23P tubes out hit the LC in the bass department.

Really I don't think it's a fair fight putting a transportatble amp up against full fledged home amps. The home amps did everything better.

I own the Mojo2 and the Lyr2.. Never got them to the bass level I've heard from LC.  Thus why I'm buying it.  What tubes are you using specifically, maybe I'm using the wrong tubes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back