¿ The best In-Ear ever made?
Oct 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

jorge manuel

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I want to buy new in-ears.The problem i have is that i don´t have the opportunity to test the different choices i found.The other problem is that i use the Iphone as source. ¿¿Does ist has sence to invest 2500$ ?? ( have the opportunity to buy them for less) .. I hear about 5 hours music everyday!!  i read that this model are the best in-ears ever made.

http://www.sarte-audio.com/producto/auriculares-intra-aurales-final-audio-piano-forte-x

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 65
There is no such thing as 'the best ever made', not even at $2500. It all depends on what your qualifications are in what you're looking for.

Etymotic ER4 are easily one of the best IEMs ever made for a flat, reference-quality sound signature and are only $200 or so.

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #4 of 65
Hi,
thanks!! This was my first idea. I asked  my  friends  and one of them has exact this model so by chance this is one of the  3 models i have tested. ( the other 2 not more than 80€)  They sound is very good but i have the feeling that when you wear or carry them 1 hour or more  i feel "stress"  And as said i have the opportuniy to hear music working... Sorry!!  i´m not an expert but again thanks for your help.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 65
  There is no such thing as 'the best ever made', not even at $2500. It all depends on what your qualifications are in what you're looking for.

Etymotic ER4 are easily one of the best IEMs ever made for a flat, reference-quality sound signature and are only $200 or so.

i agree, that and the fact that once you get to a certain price point i feel like, no one iem is better than another, they are just different, then the problem comes into play of compare and contrast between the different universals. otherwise, i feel like best is whatever you can currently afford.

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 65
As said i have the opportunity to buy the Final Audio Piano Forte  for -50% but it is still over 1000$!!!
Has someone tested them? Japanese magazines are carzy with them. I have a friend that lives there..

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 65
As said i have the opportunity to buy the Final Audio Piano Forte  for -50% but it is still over 1000$!!!
Has someone tested them? Japanese magazines are carzy with them. I have a friend that lives there..

They say that all the piano forte models carry a similar sound. It's supposed to replicate old horn speakers. So if you like that kind of sound, you'll love it. But this series tends to have a love hate relationship. You either get emotionally attached or hate the sound. It's not really high fidelity based. It has a particular sound that is unique to the industry...although unique is not always a good thing.

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #9 of 65
asthetically speaking i find these iem's to be very underwhelming, i dont like the design of the housing and no removeable cable? build quality seems under designed and under produced, in my opinion. 

for the price they are you would expect that you would find, better build quality imo

ive personally never heard them. but i probably never will either price is impractical, for the price it lacks alot of what has become a industry standard on iem's a fraction of the price.

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #13 of 65
With such a budget buy a custom iem, comfort and the best soud for your bucks

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #14 of 65
Just to chip in a little. I have actually tried the full range of Final Audio Piano Forte models and like what EveTan said they do have the same sound signature as they have the same internal construction and only the material used for the metal housing is different.
Personally I dont believe they are the best but that is just my opinion as they tend to be a little too bright for my taste. If you are considering the Piano Forte X do note that they are quite big and heavy so if you have small ears I would recommend you to stay away from them.

If you have a big enough wallet to afford them I would suggest looking towards other flagship universals (Senn IE800, Shure SE846, AKG K3003 etc.) or even consider customs (JH Audio, Westone, Heir, Unique Melody etc.).
My favourite for universals would be the IE800 while customs it would definitely be my Fitear C435.

Do take a look at the other earphones review threads to see what others think about all these earphones before making the jump!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back