The M10 is three matching speakers housed in a sleek, contemporary, desktop package that's...

Swan M10

4.9/5,
Tags:
  • The M10 is three matching speakers housed in a sleek, contemporary, desktop package that's internally powered. For convenient hookup, plug the M10 into to any local active source, from portable digital music devices to PC entertainment and gaming systems.

Recent Reviews

1. thriceattack
    really good speakers for the price
    Written by thriceattack
    Published Jan 16, 2016
    Pros - sound is amazing, look great
    Cons - none
    For this price, I dare someone to find sound this good.
  2. Palladium
    "How is this even possible?"
    Written by Palladium
    Published Jan 15, 2015
    Pros - INCREDIBLE sound for the price (in regions where it's cheap). Fantastic highs and midrange. Tight and clean bass.
    Cons - Short satellite cables that cannot be replaced. Potential QC issues. Subwoofer needs to be on desk for best bass response. Relatively expensive in U.S
    Like many others, I was very skeptical about the Swans M10 2.1. How can something that retails for only around US$60 in China get such rave reviews in the Internet audio circles? So I bought one to check it out, after all it was only US$80 from where I live.

Sure, it has wooden enclosures unlike the downright nasty plastic used by at this price range, but it still looks kinda cheap to me. The satellites themselves barely weighs enough to qualify as a paperweight, and the 3-inch woofer suggests the low-midrange is gonna suck...hard. The powered subwoofer unit only has a 5-inch driver? Are you kidding me?

Until I hooked them up with the subwoofer on the desk, connected to my PC by my cheapo Sabre USB DAC.

I was completely blown away by the sound which vastly exceeded my expectations.

The tweeters produces mind-blowingly clear and detailed highs even better than my Wharfedale Diamond 210 bookshelves, and the initially anemic looking 3-inch woofer is no slouch either with clear midranges. The overall sound signature is forward sounding that put vocals right up to the ears. The subwoofer delivers a clean and tight punch that stays faithful to the original recording but also at no point during my listening sessions that the M10 muddies the sound unlike so-called gaming speakers that farts out muddy bass from the sub to vibrate everything in sight to impress people who know no better in sound quality. I have a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 and the M10 makes it an absolute ripoff in comparison by producing better sound at ~1/3 the price.

Just before anybody says I'm over-hyping the M10 too much....I'm not saying the M10 is going to match the sound quality of $500+ setups but at theor asking price it is an absolute steal if one can live with the drawbacks as stated in the header. Run, not walk to grab one if you can have it for cheap.
    1. View previous replies...
    2. Jeff Y
      Yea and also how much space you've got i guess.
      Jeff Y, Jan 21, 2015
    3. richard51
      i had the luck to buy them one dollars on ebay one year ago....I am with you totally with your review.... The swan M 10 can also upgrade their sound with good dac, a pre-amplification, and good cable...I have done that and i prefer to listen to them and i have the basic stax system...incredible speakers.... i am sure if you pay the price you would have better speakers.... but they had already  a good musical sound.... why pay more than 500 hundred .... i had put my money on a good dac and cable .... better investment....best regards to you all
      richard51, Apr 3, 2015
    4. DaveLT
      Thinking that cables will give you better sound when it comes to line level devices is foolish thinking at best.
      DaveLT, Nov 14, 2015
  3. OmarSy
    A must buy! (If you can find it!)
    Written by OmarSy
    Published Mar 21, 2013
    Pros - Tight mids, very tight highs. Beautiful aesthetics!
    Cons - Bass could be better not for those who want a lot of bass
    I've had the Swan M10 for a few months and I was compelled to write this review.
    These have to be the best speakers in the price range that I've ever listened to, nothing else can be compared end of story.
    My older pair of bookshelf speakers sounded laughable in comparison, funny part is I paid nearly double the price for those!
    These speakers have very tight mids, tight highs and overall great sound although the bass is not for those that want that booming bass, if that is what you want from a pair of speakers then I don't think I'd feel good suggesting these to you, I'd purchase another pair of Swan speakers and a hsub if that was the case.
    For the one hundred dollar price tag this is an excellent start into the stereophile world and music will be a whole new experience for those that are new to this scene and haven't listened to a pair of "hi-fi" speakers before.
    the aesthetics really are another selling point, they have a sleek design not what one would expect from a pair of cheaper bookshelf speakers! they fit in very well with my computer rig and from what I've noticed it seems that it is very well made.

Now once again looking at the price tag of a small $100 it is a steal.
    I can truthfully say that this was not my first or last purchase from Swan as I will be ordering the higher end sets soon enough.

For the lazy here is a summary: Tight mids, Tight Highs extremely well priced and the best in my opinion entry set of speakers for those wanting to get into the
    HI-FI world without spending too much money.

1. View previous replies...
    2. richard51
      p.s.
       I must say that the potential of the swans integrated powered amps are revealed if your paired them with a pre-amp...I have the Ember project  for that
      richard51, Jul 3, 2014
    3. kevinyu05
      Can you please tell me where I could find the white swan m10 2.1 speakers please? I have looked all over the internet, but it seems to be sold out. Any help would be appreciated!
      kevinyu05, Jun 19, 2015
    4. purpledrank
      try massdrop they occassionally have it on sale. They it right now!
      purpledrank, Dec 6, 2015
  4. jedi304
    Probably the best bang for the buck computer accessory I've ever bought.
    Written by jedi304
    Published Dec 18, 2012
    Pros - Crisp, clear audio. Amazing price. Looks great.
    Cons - Bass is tight and punchy, some may need more depth (I myself find this to be a good thing)
    I previously owned a pair of bookshelf speakers that had nice audio quality, but kind of lacked clarity, and the bass was all muddy. I've only had these speakers for less than week and my first experience left me breathless. It is quite hard to imagine how such great quality could come out of a set with this price. I could hear instruments I've never heard before in my music.

They seem to be selling cheaper here where I live, hence the reason for the $80 price tag.

I would definitely recommend this pair to anyone looking for a budget set.
  5. Rain100
    Amazing speakers!
    Written by Rain100
    Published Jul 27, 2010
    Pros - Audio quality, Price, Looks, actual treble in computer speakers.
    Cons - not ground-shaking bass, led light on the front is brighter than I like.
    I can't recommend these speakers enough.  I had some friends (non-audio oriented people) over to check out my computer setup.  They were impressed with the whole thing, but especially the speakers (look and SQ).  Then I told them that they were $130.  Lets just say that swan might be getting more business.

That really summarizes what I think about these speakers.  I would pay $200 or more for speakers that look and sound this good.  I'm usually not into brand loyalty/fanboyism, but I would recommend any swan speaker based on my M10s.
    1. richard51
      I am totally okay with all your review.... I have one set and they scale up with a good dac and scale up again with a pre-amp, and scale up again with cable .... I dont want to upgrade because i think that to had a really better set of speakers will cost me not less than 500 hundred dollars  and  only if the choice is good ( i have invest the 500 dollars in a used dac and  a used pre/amp...) they are made for music... the bass is very good but not for gaming or other basshead activities... best regards to all of you
      richard51, Jul 13, 2014
    2. kaiteck
      About the led light, you can just use a sticker :3
      kaiteck, Jul 5, 2015

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!