General Information

SHICHIKU.KANGEN -糸竹管弦-

1031_ext_01_0.jpg

An unprecedented collaboration by two of Asia's heavyweight audio brands, final and DITA.

From the design to sound creation, they have joined forces to give us the best of what both of the companies are capable of.

And she's a beauty.

1031_ext_06_0.jpg

201212_DS_img_Ppage_SK_10.jpg

Housing design with traditional technique "Shinkin"

1031_ext_06_3.jpg

201212_DS_img_Ppage_SK_03.jpg

Hemp leaf pattern

1031_ext_06_4.jpg

11378584.jpg

Wajima lacquer craftsman

1031_ext_06_6.jpg

The new jointly developed driver "True Beryllium Driver Gen.SK"

1031_ext_06_8.jpg

201212_DS_img_Ppage_SK_04.jpg

Newly developed "OSLO Cable Gen.SK"

Specs

Housing: Stainless Steel
Finish: Roiro Mirror Finish/Roiro Urushi Laquered Hemp Leaf Pattern
Driver: Dynamic Type (True Beryllium Driver Gen.SK)
Cable: OSLO Cable Gen.SK

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Release date
Late February 2021

Product page

Comments

IcarusIX

New Head-Fier
I just saw this pop op in a store, looks like a post like this was already here, I didn't notice

These are hands down top tier iems visually imo, along with maybe 2 or 3 other Iems I've ever seen, now to just look for people to talk about their experience trying these....

1000+ Head-Fier

I completely agree with you man!
I can’t wait to get mine.

I’ve been anticipating these since the collaboration was announced.

And Final and DITA held a grand launch and audition event in Japan around December I believe.

All of the impressions I’ve read so far from the people that attended have been positive. Stating that it has a more musical approach compared to the A8000.

Best of all. It’s apparently as stunning if not even more stunning in real life than the photos.

As a photographer, I’ll have so much fun photographing it as well as listening to it 😂

dleblanc343

Headphoneus Supremus
I completely agree with you man!
I can’t wait to get mine.

I’ve been anticipating these since the collaboration was announced.

You better report back to me on the sound!

@Colors It’s like a Z1R that might fit your ears!

Umwelt

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone has gotten one of these yet?

And did they really only make 500 of these? It seems like orders on Final direct shop are closed but you can easily find it in stock on various Japanese retailers as well as the Dita online store. Kinda hard to believe there's only so few of them out there.

I'm a sucker for "romantic" phones like this, so I can't resist trying them out. I've read some comments about it potentially trading off some technicalities of the original A8000, but some Japanese reviews seem to say that it simply sounds even "better". I'm hoping that it can at least retain the sense of sheer openness and immediacy that I loved on the A8000.

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone has gotten one of these yet?

I am eagerly awaiting some comments as well
Most American retailers already sold out.

Audio46 sold out in minutes, and MusicTeck only had 10 in stock.(I'm not sure how much they've sold already, but they seem to have stock still)

My local shop in Toronto had 4 and all got sold out right away too. (1 is mine lol) But I haven't had the chance to hear it yet.
I was only able to give a down-payment for now because I'm totally broke haha

But I'll try to get a listen at the shop when the lockdown order is done.

So I think the majority of the stock is still within Japan.

Let's Go audio from China is sold out of them too.

I can't wait to hear them for myself!

100+ Head-Fier
Most American retailers already sold out.

I was only able to give a down-payment for now because I'm totally broke haha

But I'll try to get a listen at the shop when the lockdown order is done.

So I think the majority of the stock is still within Japan.

Let's Go audio from China is sold out of them too.

I can't wait to hear them for myself!
I am anxiously awaiting your impressions.

Umwelt

These own.

Don't have A8000 anymore to compare directly, but I imagine that with all the extra effort, plus higher price, it would be an embarrassment for two companies if these were not simply better in the end.

I don't know if it's just me, but somehow the shell edges feel less sharp than the A8000's, so unlike those I may be able to keep using them long-term!

fzman

Member of the Trade: Music Direct
I've been listening to both he 8000 and the S-K with the L&P P6Pro, iBasso DX300, and SP2000c from A&K. (Snuck a listen or two with the Lotoo PAW 6000 as well) I use large tips, with large bores, and have tried a few cables, but am back to using the stock OSLO cable with the S-K, and a few others with the 8000.

Overall, I would say that compared to the A8000, the S-K is a bit more robust sounding, thicker, without being thick, has more weight in the bottm, and a little biit more relaxed top end. It is a touch more forgiving than the A8000, but neither work well with a brighter or crunchier source driving them. The A8000 sounds more open, faster, and more articulate (relatively speaking). They are both amazing, but have slighly differnt focus.

Irrespective of whether you believe in it or not, both iems require a lot of break-in/burn-in. 10 hours to one full day of connstant play gets the evil ouot of them, but they flesh out a bit more over a few days. I think the OSLA S-K cable, aka 'the slinky' takes some time to settle in as well - but responds well after being properly thumped (with aplogies to Neil and Terry re: Good Omens).

If I were wealthy, I would keep both. I'll probably keep the S-K, and my recently gotten EE Odins, which I also love. Compared to the Odin, the S-k and Odin have their relative strengths and mostly no weaknesses. Single driver iems have an intrinsic advantage in coherence. Iems with the EE weapon drivers have an intrinsic advantage in the bottom octaves - they are not bass-head iems, but they can rumble like an earthquake......

1000+ Head-Fier

Thanks for the impressions man!

Thank you!! Still can’t decide between this or the finalA8000

fzman

Member of the Trade: Music Direct
I am inclined to think that the A8000 is quite neutral, but not clinical dry or analytic--it is also not forgiving. The S-K is no less resolving, but is a bit richer. It is quite easy to tell them apart, but equally easy to see their family resemblance. For me it is all about the sound, and the bling-factor is not relevant for me chosing between them, or any other iem(s).

100+ Head-Fier
Agreed! Bling mean nothing to me. Thank you for your comparison

@nycdoi / @fzman / @jwilliamhurst / @Umwelt / @dleblanc343

Hi guys,

@jwbrent actually made a thread for the SK.

You guys are more than welcome to check-in and share your posts on there as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have mine yet lol still stuck in my local shop as I have only put down a deposit, still too broke to fully pay it at the moment.

Totally forgot to put the link.

Here it is!