What headphones produce accurate sound?
Jun 25, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #17 of 32
whatever works for you :wink:
I think you just need to get a nice comfortable studio monitor headphone. No need to spend a ton of money. MDR7506 + HM5 Pads= $110.00 (ish) and they will last a lifetime if all you are doing is meditating. Hope that helps.

Jun 25, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #18 of 32
Oh, for sure this is some nonsense, but who are we to judge how somebody uses their headphones? I say, give him some accurate advice and wish him well.
You I was judging a bit but when you say 99.999% accuracy what is that based on? Then 10 hz of the frequency is that at 20 hz or 20khz? I believe all headphones produce the frequencies accurately but some boost it here and there and are more recessed in other ranges. This all just seems a bit silly to me as I don't think there is a 99.999% perfectly flat along all frequencies headphone. Then you have to have a perfect source as a good signal generator and a perfect amp . Just seems to be too much for me. I do wish them well though.

Jun 25, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #19 of 32
Unless you have the hearing of a canine you cant hear much below 20-25Hz anyways....But as was suggested previously a studio monitor HP is your best bet.I have no experience with the Sony recommended,but its as good a place as any to begin your research.

Good luck with the HPs and healing.

Jun 25, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #20 of 32
Unless you have the hearing of a canine you cant hear much below 20-25Hz anyways....But as was suggested previously a studio monitor HP is your best bet.I have no experience with the Sony recommended,but its as good a place as any to begin your research.

Good luck with the HPs and healing.
I don't a canine would hear 20hz maybe 30khz .

Jun 25, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #21 of 32
You mentioned comfort as being important. You might want to consider the B&O H6 (2nd Gen). They are light and comfortable and can be driven easily. The pads are soft and cover the ear. You could comfortably recline while wearing them. I find them to be clear and neutral. To my ears they reach low enough into the bass for your intended purpose. The Yamaha's previously mentioned are also very good but to me they are less comfortable than the H6.

Jun 25, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #22 of 32
Stick with studio monitors, they're meant to be accurate.

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #25 of 32
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh man , I just spit my drink everywhere!
:beerchug:
I just hope it was not as the bourbon I just had. The other thing @Music Alchemist you can not hear under 5hz . If you can please tell me me Audioligist that recorded it that you can.

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #27 of 32
Well then you hear as good as Whales. You did not take the test on audiology equipment or by a Audiologist I bet.

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #28 of 32
In order to listen to 15Hz beat frequencies your headphones do not actually have to produce or be accurate down to 15Hz. The 15Hz beat frequency is an artifact or illusion created in your mind, which the headphones do not produce themselves. I know you requested recommendations for accurate headphones, but if you ask that in head-fi, you're gonna get some crazy expensive recommendations which are completely overkill and unnecessary for your application (like the Stax). The kind of accuracy we talk about here is not necessary for binaural beats. Even a basic entry level headphone will produce the precise beat frequencies which were intended. I think you would be better server looking for the most comfortable headphone possible, or get recommendations from others that listen to binaural beats for what they find works best.

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #29 of 32
I know you requested recommendations for accurate headphones, but if you ask that in head-fi, you're gonna get some crazy expensive recommendations which are completely overkill and unnecessary for your application (like the Stax).

I would just like to clarify that not all STAX systems are expensive. I got two on the used market for around $300 each and another for under $100.

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #30 of 32
What headphones produce accurate sound?

From an absolutely objective standpoint, none of them do, and that includes all speakers. Absolutely objective accurate means there is absolutely no flaw in the response, ie, it's totally flat from 20hz to 20,000hz, that would make anything in the recording inaccurate.

What you can realistically get is to sort through in what way and by how much is something inaccurate.

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find some comfortable headphones that have a frequency range of 15 hz, fit over the ear for comfort and sounds as accurate as possible with no trebble enhancements or boosting features that try to make your music sound better. If I'm listening to say binural beats and I use these headphones I want the pure sound that was recorded and ment to be played. Any recommendations?

LCD-2 or HD650 have a smooth response above 1000hz but the problem is that, while the response below 1000hz is also nearly as flat, that entire range - ie, below 1000hz - is still a lot stronger than above 1,000hz, which is why some people just dismiss them as "dark."

Between those two the LCD-2 is flatter down to 10hz. Ditto the HE400i, but that one is considerably less smoother in the treble range. No loud peaks but relatively jagged.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back