VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #7,551 of 7,982
  By "they don't", you mean that they aren't regular MMCX cables? I just want to make sure that I got this 100% right. Don't want buyer's remorse later on :)

Pictures worth more than words. The first one is the earphone with cable only to the Y-split. The second one is a 'extension' cable with 2.5mm TRRS balanced jack.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #7,552 of 7,982

Pictures worth more than words. The first one is the earphone with cable only to the Y-split. The second one is a 'extension' cable with 2.5mm TRRS balanced jack.

My bad, I see that I misunderstood something. GR07Xs don't come with detachable cables, they come with a regular + extension into 2.5".

What I wanted to know is whether the GR07 detachable versions have standard MMCX cables, so that I could possibly use the leftover cable I have from my Shures. It would be nice if they are compatible.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #7,553 of 7,982
  My bad, I see that I misunderstood something. GR07Xs don't come with detachable cables, they come with a regular + extension into 2.5".

What I wanted to know is whether the GR07 detachable versions have standard MMCX cables, so that I could possibly use the leftover cable I have from my Shures. It would be nice if they are compatible.

I think so. Someone who has may confirm it.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #7,554 of 7,982
bought the detectable version from LMUE a few days ago.

Can verify that shure's fiio cable works with GR07.

I'm switching over from SE215 and used back the same fiio cable and shure olives eartips without any issue.

One point to note is that the stock cable doesn't rotates but using shure's cable does.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #7,555 of 7,982

I'm switching over from SE215 and used back the same fiio cable and shure olives eartips without any issue.

One point to note is that the stock cable doesn't rotates but using shure's cable does.

Non rotation sounds like a good idea. Does the cable from v sonic have a plastic stopper which prevents it from spinning somehow?

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #7,556 of 7,982

Thank you for the confirmation! :)

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #7,559 of 7,982
Hi guys! 
bigsmile_face.gif

I just wanna ask if there is an SQ difference between the new GR07 models with detachable cables as compared to their old (non detachable cable) counterparts? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back