Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Mar 31, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #1,471 of 1,751
X10 lacks low bass extension, but is decent with midbass. But its still thin in comparison to the fiio x5ii i have. That being said, x10 is fast with bass, but not as fast as the Jds c5d i use, but jds lacks mid bass and body overall. So x10 has goods of different worldS:wink:

Nah, x10 doesn't lack bass extensions. It extends very well down low but x10 goes for a more flat and controlled presentation, so its bass might not sound as big and full as with other sources. Personally I prefer a tight and controlled low end and the x10 has it

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #1,473 of 1,751
Nah, x10 doesn't lack bass extensions. It extends very well down low but x10 goes for a more flat and controlled presentation, so its bass might not sound as big and full as with other sources. Personally I prefer a tight and controlled low end and the x10 has it
Personal preferences matters, I didnt have the xduoo x3 and the x10 at the same time. But from what I remember the x3 has lows more extended, and highs are louder like few dbs up on highs. But i think i heard more rumble with the x3. After that I was using a fiio x5ii which definitely was killing both these. (Not fair, as prices doesnt match) may be I am biased with the Fiio's bass hump that I felt the x10 lacking lows

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #1,474 of 1,751
Personal preferences matters, I didnt have the xduoo x3 and the x10 at the same time. But from what I remember the x3 has lows more extended, and highs are louder like few dbs up on highs. But i think i heard more rumble with the x3. After that I was using a fiio x5ii which definitely was killing both these. (Not fair, as prices doesnt match) may be I am biased with the Fiio's bass hump that I felt the x10 lacking lows

Exactly my point...I have come long way from Cowon to Fiio to XDuoo. Talking soley of bass quantity, its one third of Cowon players. I'm not expecting that much quantity but yea, more punch would have been appreciated.

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #1,475 of 1,751
talking about bass on x10, somehow bass on my x10 behaves strangely. pop song and akin which doesn't suppose to have much bass (played on my pc, phone and ipod) sound bassy on my x10. genre like metal, EDM and rock (that suppose to be bassy) totally no/weak bass presence. don't understand why so.

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #1,476 of 1,751
  talking about bass on x10, somehow bass on my x10 behaves strangely. pop song and akin which doesn't suppose to have much bass (played on my pc, phone and ipod) sound bassy on my x10. genre like metal, EDM and rock (that suppose to be bassy) totally no/weak bass presence. don't understand why so.

Well, my experience (not specifically with X10 but in general) pop songs are bassy and rock songs are a little less bassy.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #1,478 of 1,751
A thought: How do we know if we all got a genuine product? Different sites and different prices. Possibility of counterfeit is possible. All good reviews might come from the good units, others struggling to believe it is good.

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #1,480 of 1,751
A thought: How do we know if we all got a genuine product? Different sites and different prices. Possibility of counterfeit is possible. All good reviews might come from the good units, others struggling to believe it is good.

I opened mine up the 2nd day i got it, since the warranty is bull as it is for china. did see ingenic jz47608 and akm ak4490, the rest of the chip are too small for my naked eyes. then ofc the can print whatever on the chips.

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #1,481 of 1,751
Nor mine, just sharing my experience.

Sorry, I mainly listen japanese song and very very little english song (my library ratio is like 30k japanese song to 200 english classical). so I cant relate to your experience and thought you are joking. the pop i an referring/listen to are mainly female anime song which usually don't have much bass. the rock i listen to is J Rock, and usually J Rock band I listen to have a good bassist and drummer, the the bassist and drum on x10 is just somehow too light/weak. Especially Taiko (japanese big drums) on japanese classic, folk, new age song don't have much impact. somehow only on x10 not on the other source I listen to.

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,482 of 1,751
Sorry, I mainly listen japanese song and very very little english song (my library ratio is like 30k japanese song to 200 english classical). so I cant relate to your experience and thought you are joking. the pop i an referring/listen to are mainly female anime song which usually don't have much bass. the rock i listen to is J Rock, and usually J Rock band I listen to have a good bassist and drummer, the the bassist and drum on x10 is just somehow too light/weak. Especially Taiko (japanese big drums) on japanese classic, folk, new age song don't have much impact. somehow only on x10 not on the other source I listen to.

I also listen to a lot of anime songs, now i can see where are you coming from. Agreed 100%!

X10 Line out is very very good! My KEF Speakers never sounded so good from my other sources. Thinking on buying an amp to pair with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back