Ultimate Ears UE PRO 18+ Discussions and Impressions
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #16 of 462
Pity this iem isn't getting more attention, it's quite special. The UE18+ is designed as the ultimate stage monitor, and it more than succeeds at achieving its goal. It's one of the most accurate ciems for band-based music and vocals, and an overall very natural and smooth sound.

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #17 of 462
Pity this iem isn't getting more attention, it's quite special. The UE18+ is designed as the ultimate stage monitor, and it more than succeeds at achieving its goal. It's one of the most accurate ciems for band-based music and vocals, and an overall very natural and smooth sound.
I wonder how far out the universal version is. I saw @twister6 had the universal UERR for review and I am very curious to see if Ultimate Ears will do that for their entire Pro line.

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #18 of 462
I wonder how far out the universal version is. I saw @twister6 had the universal UERR for review and I am very curious to see if Ultimate Ears will do that for their entire Pro line.
Yes I'm almost certain there will also be a universal version of the UE18+.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #19 of 462
@flinkenick hopefully more people will take notice of them when you review them in your shootout

btw , what is their price ?

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #22 of 462
I don't know why UE not releasing the To Go version in US, both UERR and UE 18+ had the To Go version released in Asia for several months already.
That is surprising considering it is a US company. I thought that it would be quite a good option to attract new customers who do not want to go through the trouble of getting impressions (etc).

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #23 of 462
It's reasonably priced at $1500 hehe.
"Reasonably priced" he says. *sigh* The wonderful world of flinkenick... :sweat_smile:

I am not jealous or anything. Not at all. [mutters profanities under his breath.]

:wink:

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #24 of 462
It's on.
IMG_1358.JPG

It's Ultimately on.
IMG_1337.JPG

Jun 29, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #26 of 462
Can't wait, mine are supposed to ship 6/29. I went with simple blue and clear see avatar pic. Also can't wait to try the 18+ Pros with Astell's new player.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #29 of 462

Thank you for all that you do. I wanted to say thanks in your main thread, but it is a very busy thread. I look forward to catching up in that thread and your website in the coming years. I'm slow to process :).

I'm out of touch with and too lazy to get into other brands. My UE-10s needed repair so it was time for an upgrade. As long as UE had something competitive, I was all-in. They have great customer service and location-wise convenient for me.

Your recent profile of the UE 18+ helped in deciding versus the UERR and it's competitiveness with other brands.

I maybe in Hong Kong soon so planning to stop by PWaudio.

Do you recommend or highly recommend the 1960s with the 18+?

https://www.pw-audio.com/1960

I wasn't planning on a aftermarket cable yet, but since I maybe nearby PWaudio... and reading your website on this cable...

Cheers

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #30 of 462
Thank you for all that you do. I wanted to say thanks in your main thread, but it would it is a very busy thread. I look forward to catching up in that thread and your website in the coming years. I'm slow to process :).

I'm out of touch with and too lazy to get into other brands. My UE-10s needed repair so it was time for an upgrade. As long as UE had something competitive, I was all-in. They have great customer service and location-wise convenient for me.

Your recent profile of the UE 18+ helped in deciding versus the UERR and it's competitiveness with other brands.

I maybe in Hong Kong soon so planning to stop by PWaudio.

Do you recommend or highly recommend the 1960s with the 18+?

https://www.pw-audio.com/1960

I wasn't planning on a aftermarket cable yet, but since I maybe nearby PWaudio... and reading your website on this cable...

Cheers
Thanks man, that's very kind of you. The UE18+ Pro is a very special iem, and one of my personal favorites.

The 1960's cables come in two versions, the 2-wire and 4-wire. Both are very good cables, with the 4-wire being more technical, but also brighter. Considering its price, I think you might be referring to 2-wire? 1960 2-wire is a unique cable, in that it creates a rather warm sound and a somewhat dark stage. It's a 'romantic' sound, like a candle-light dinner. But I find it pairs best with brighter or colder iems, or else the sound easily gets too warm and laidback.

But indeed, to maintain UE18+ Pro's timbre, I would stick with a copper cable. But honestly, something like PW Audio's No. 5 is already fine. It's clean-sounding cable, only lightly warm, but with an accurate timbre. Although I must admit I rarely cable-roll these days due to the shootout, so I haven't tried many cables with UE18+. At home I just listen with the SilverFi IEM-R4 when I want to relax. But, two cables that I generally like for their warm sound and timbre are plusSound gold-plated copper and PW Audio No. 5. But of course wait to see if and when you get the UE18+ Pro what you would like to change/improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back