TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 23, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #18,842 of 24,683
Yes over exaggerated by a factor of 1000. Campfire audio says it takes them about 9 hours to machine the aluminum shells for the Jupiters, and that might be for a batch of shells, as they make them in small runs.

Aluminium (i.e. one of the softest metals) is much easier to machine than titanium (one of the hardest metals). I am not saying that Bob didnt exaggerate, just dont think that comparison with aluminium is fair here.

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #18,844 of 24,683
So has anyone here seen a Master 6, or is it all about Icarus now, which wasn't even announced until a short while ago.
I am still waiting on mine. Actually on a shipment update. Or an update. Or anything at all
Like these?
(about to feel one of the most hated person on this thread)
IMG_2585.JPG

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #18,847 of 24,683
'Cause mine have been delivered. Many people are not thinking rationally.

Don't think the irrationality would be directed at people who got them, it's mostly directed at Trinity... And even then, it's unfair to call anyone irrational in recent posts to be honest, most of us are justifiably irritated. :)

I for one am glad some people got theirs. I'm glad to see pics and hear impressions...

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #18,848 of 24,683
Don't think the irrationality would be directed at people who got them, it's mostly directed at Trinity... And even then, it's unfair to call anyone irrational in recent posts to be honest, most of us are justifiably irritated. :)

I for one am glad some people got theirs. I'm glad to see pics and hear impressions...
My post (the one stating people are not thinkging rationally) was not targetting anyone; I feel it as a fact that, generally speaking, no matter what the topic is, people are not thinking rationally.

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #18,850 of 24,683
Like these?
(about to feel one of the most hated person on this thread)
No one here hates you. You are not the first. There's plenty of people who gotten Pm6 before you or us and have been our guinea pigs. They've advised on what filters to try and methods to reduce heat on treble up on top.

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #18,851 of 24,683
Finally got my refund after a whole year (I'm not even sure if it's a full one or not, but who cares), albeit it's a hefty sum of money lost due to the exchange rate, but it's better than recieving a bad product. I gave a Master a listen, and I have nothing good to say about it. I had to email kieran twice on seperate weeks before the money was credited back to my Paypal, but even so, it took too damn long.

Here are my Master impressions which I posted in the other thread:

"I went ahead and tried a pair of Phantom Masters (the revised PM4) and I found it to be horrid on all filters. Not even any grace for these, but there was a huge 4k spike that made vocals sound unnatural and metallic, tangy, just absolutely odd and unreal. Mids were incoherent and instruments sounded messy and too clangy. Then, there's 6-7k dip that made treble odd and hollow, and the lower treble was nearly nowhere to be found. Bass was bloated and muddy, and made eerything sound too unnatural again. The only redeeming factor would be a decent seperation and imaging, making things sound super detailed, but otherwise, it sounded absolutely unlike anything I've heard, and that's not in a good way."

And after reading the heated treble on the Hunters, I'm damn glad I did. Gonna put that money towards a real IEM now, the Acoustune HS1551. That's how a proper IEm should sound like, and I recommend everyone who loves properly done mids and bass to try these.

Peace out, and farewell TAE.

Ouch. This is unfortunate, especially after the long wait. Seems like the harsh highs are also present with other models and I was under the impression that after the PM4 they corrected that.

Treble aside, could it be that your Master were faulty? Although more people reported similar impressions similar to yours, but was just wondering.

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #18,852 of 24,683
Ouch. This is unfortunate, especially after the long wait. Seems like the harsh highs are also present with other models and I was under the impression that after the PM4 they corrected that.

Treble aside, could it be that your Master were faulty? Although more people reported similar impressions similar to yours, but was just wondering.
From what I've read of other impressions, the treble is better than it was in the PM4, but they haven't really fixed it.

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #18,853 of 24,683
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd chime in - I've finally received an email with a tracking number, and looking at the APC site it looks like my Hunter has been shipped for delivery to me near Bristol in the UK. Keeping fingers crossed for a delivery; hopefully it means that more are being send out to others too...

ta

Snodge

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #18,854 of 24,683
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd chime in - I've finally received an email with a tracking number, and looking at the APC site it looks like my Hunter has been shipped for delivery to me near Bristol in the UK. Keeping fingers crossed for a delivery; hopefully it means that more are being send out to others too...

ta

Snodge
Congrats!!! Also take your time testing out filters. Let us know which ones sound weird to you and ones you prefer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back