TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #691 of 1,582
I found going up a size with the tips and shallow insertions worked better for seal.

If there are problems of getting them in, try putting a little water on the inside of your ears.

Hold the iem with the wire facing forwards or forward/down at 45 degrees. Line the tip up so that music comes into focus. Hold it there and then twist the iem backwards so the wire goes upwards. I leave my third finger in front of the wire to act as a spacer and use my other hand to slightly tension the wire further down.

Once the wire reaches the front/top of my ear, it's locked in with a good seal. Not a deep seal and no pushing in.

I do wonder whether some are only getting a partial seal so bass isn't what it is supposed to be. I'm finding the bass to be amazingly deep and profound with them now.

If the 'twist trick' doesn't work, try stretching the top of the ear outwards or even the bottom downwards.

'Tapolene' or water does help when first trying to get a seal.

That method of putting them on looks a bit finicky but it soon becomes second nature.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #692 of 1,582
I found going up a size with the tips and shallow insertions worked better for seal.

If there are problems of getting them in, try putting a little water on the inside of your ears.

Hold the iem with the wire facing forwards or forward/down at 45 degrees. Line the tip up so that music comes into focus. Hold it there and then twist the iem backwards so the wire goes upwards. I leave my third finger in front of the wire to act as a spacer and use my other hand to slightly tension the wire further down.

Once the wire reaches the front/top of my ear, it's locked in with a good seal. Not a deep seal and no pushing in.

I do wonder whether some are only getting a partial seal so bass isn't what it is supposed to be. I'm finding the bass to be amazingly deep and profound with them now.

If the 'twist trick' doesn't work, try stretching the top of the ear outwards or even the bottom downwards.

'Tapolene' or water does help when first trying to get a seal.

That method of putting them on looks a bit finicky but it soon becomes second nature.
Using the gold undamped with the larger included foam gets a good seal but the Iem itself sticks way out and is really only being held on by the the tips. Sound wise much more coherent then the PM4 for me. Spinfits, Auvio that I prefer to use just do not work well this Iem. I have the IcarusIII on order and the business end of that Iem looks to be longer so hoping to get a better fit. And I really need the balanced adapter, using an opus 1 and really need to crank up the volume unbalanced.

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #693 of 1,582
Posted in the other thread, but just wanted to say something positive, after being swept up in the ongoing... situation, that Trinity is currently going through.
I ordered the Hyperion, with the code, for a mere £10, and they arrived today. The full kit, case, adapter, and Spinfits.
And I like them a lot!
I've tried some of the cheaper Chinese stuff that sometimes gets hyped on head-fi, and these are so much better than anything that I've tried. Now, my daily drivers are Sony hybrids, and to be honest I wasn't expecting too much from a budget offering, but these tiny little units are probably the best budget IEMs that I've tried.
Smooth, rich sound, just to my tastes. Very impressed. Now that I've experienced the Trinity sound, I have a clearer picture of how Bob tunes his IEMs and reckon that the pricier options must be pretty good.
Very nice!

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #694 of 1,582
Indeed they really are. The Vyrus is an improvement on the Hyperion and the Master is an improvement on the Vyrus. I have all three.

All wonderful iem's. The Master has me truly hooked to my dap. Amazing low and deep bass and a real surprise to me. I never thought that such a small device would be able to produce such an enormous sound!!

Apr 28, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #695 of 1,582
I'm truly impressed. I've tried plenty of other budget IEMs, all the usual suspects, and these seriously rock. Not taken them out of my ears except to change tips - Spinfits are nice, but foam is the best - and only my £2-300 Sony have ever managed to impress so much straight out of the box. They have to be taken for what they are, but what they are is way more than expected. Don't have that "budget" sound, not "perfect" but punch higher than their price.
Bob knows how to tune - I think Icarus will be my next choice, everything about it just looks "right" for my tastes.
Top notch stuff.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #696 of 1,582
Bob knows how to tune - I think Icarus will be my next choice, everything about it just looks "right" for my tastes.
Top notch stuff.

I had ordered my Icarus III before having heard the Masters. But now that I have heard the bass Bob managed to get from the 7mm, I cannot wait to see what he has done with a larger dynamic driver in the III. :L3000:

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #698 of 1,582
From Trinity website, for anyone who might have missed it they have updated the info about filters

• SILVER = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
  • GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
  • PURPLE = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.
  • GOLD = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters SILVER (Fun) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
  • SILVER (with damper) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail with smoothed treble
  • PURPLE (With damper) = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble. (treble smoothed)
  • GOLD (With damper) = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters (treble smoothed)
  • RED (Black damper) = This is a new version of our silver filter with the treble rolled off for more of an L shape signature
  • BLACK (Black Damper) = Re-imagining of the purple filter, this filter is quite neutral with the high frequencies allowed to shine a little over the mids.
  • GREEN (Black damper) = Much like our Gunmetal filter with controlled highs and midrange lifted a little
  • BLUE (Black damper) = Whole range in balance nothing over done, bass heads need not apply
  • ORANGE (Black Damper = Very lean signature and won't be for most people, treble rolled off

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #699 of 1,582
Long time lurker popping up periscope for one piece of advise from all you new Masters owners.
The discount cut off point is drawing close, so what I wanted to know is compared to the PM4 do you think the Master is worth the upgrade? Compared to saving up maybe sometime in the future for a TOTL .
I did think I could resist as they are I believe technically similar. But, they look bloody good.
Any advice gratefully received . Thank you.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #700 of 1,582
Long time lurker popping up periscope for one piece of advise from all you new Masters owners.
The discount cut off point is drawing close, so what I wanted to know is compared to the PM4 do you think the Master is worth the upgrade? Compared to saving up maybe sometime in the future for a TOTL .
I did think I could resist as they are I believe technically similar. But, they look bloody good.
Any advice gratefully received . Thank you.

They are leaps and bounds better than the PM4. All I can tell you is that I've had the masters for 24 hours and I've already boxed up my PM4s to be given to one of my kids, lol.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #701 of 1,582
Indeed they really are. The Vyrus is an improvement on the Hyperion and the Master is an improvement on the Vyrus. I have all three.

All wonderful iem's. The Master has me truly hooked to my dap. Amazing low and deep bass and a real surprise to me. I never thought that such a small device would be able to produce such an enormous sound!!

Not a knock on the Master. I'm loving what I'm hearing so far, but as far as deep bass goes, the original deltas produced way more.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #702 of 1,582
Agree with OldDude04 new master superior to PM4 in every way. Only issue for me is the fit. Hoping the IcarusIII with what looks like a longer nozzle will allow for deeper insertion. On a side note heard from Jake that balanced cables will take a couple weeks.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #703 of 1,582
Thankyou for the Masters thumbs up. Sorry to add another dialogue . I'm not getting on very well with this new website format. Very buggy.
Hmmmm I will try to resist till tomorrow and see if any reviews pop up in the mean time. Thanks again.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #704 of 1,582
Anyone know if there is a way to add a mic to the new cable system - are there other earphones that have a similar configuration?

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #705 of 1,582
Thankyou for the Masters thumbs up. Sorry to add another dialogue . I'm not getting on very well with this new website format. Very buggy.
Hmmmm I will try to resist till tomorrow and see if any reviews pop up in the mean time. Thanks again.

Agreed with previous posters mentioning that the New Masters are better than the pm4 in every way. But the improvements are not evolutionary to the pm4 -- the Master is more like a completely different product. To my ears, the sound is fundamentally different. Are the Masters still push pull? I ask cause with the pm4's my ears respond to them uniquely, as compared to other iems. I feel a physical difference, not in fit but in how i'm hearing the sound -- kinda feels like the subtle pressure you feel when listening to active noise cancelling headphones. This doesn't provide a negative experience, but sometimes catches me off guard from time to time.

The Master is smoother than the PM4's. The harshness of the PM4's treble is gone, as well as the unpredictibility in listening across various genres (some users found the PM4's unlistenable with certain types of music). Bass doesn't have as much punch on the Master, compared to the PM4, but still reach down low, real low. You could say the bass is more refined on the Master. But I think the PM4's bass is a tad faster.

Overall build quality on the Master is better than the pm4. I feel confident I could carry the Master around, without a case, everywhere from pockets to backpack and not worry about damaging them. That said I'm still going to use a case. The cable is beefy. In first seeing them, they reminded me of the impression I felt when first picking up the RHA MA750's (really beefy cables). Obviously they are completely different, being braided as opposed to rubber on the RHA's.

The PM4's fit better on my ears. The Master has a shallow insert depth. So you have to angle them in to get a good fit, this along with pairing them with the proper tips. Similar to the Pinnacle P1s, the Master requires larger tips to achieve a good fit, as compared to other earphones. What this means is you might have to go a size larger then you normally do.

To be honest, If I had to chose between the two, I'd go with the pm4's. But my reasons for choosing the pm4's over the new masters are not typical:

1. For all its quirks, the pm4's sound signature is unique. I've not heard anything like it. The Masters are excellent earphones but they sound familiar. They sound great but so do a ton of other earphones.

2. I frequently have two rotations going at once. One group of earphones that never leave the house, another group that I bring with me to work / coffee houses, etc. The PM4s are part of my "stay at home" rotation. They are too fragile to leave the home. The cable issue (sound cutting out) was dealt with by bending the pins beyond their design and taping the circumference to prevent them from slipping off. Ugly but oh well.

3. As much as possible, I try to maintain 2 configurations with every earphone I have -- one with mic and one without. Yes, that's alot of cables in the end and not something most here would seek out. I'm searching for a mic solution for the Masters.

BUT, If I was only allowed to have one pair of earphones in my collection and it was between the pm4 and the new Master, I'd go with the Master in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back