Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier
Jul 4, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #17 of 468
Cribbed the specs from Topping:

dx7-en-14.jpg

Looks pretty good. Less than half the power of a Jotunheim, though, and the headphone output impedance at 20 ohm may not play well with my M1060's, but should be fine with the HD6xx. At $399, it's the price of a base Jotunheim, but with a balanced DSD DAC thrown in!

Jul 4, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #18 of 468
Wow looks great. Could a a promising competitor to the current Jotunheimm/NFB-11 go to for entry level DAC/AMP combo.

Although implementation is the key, would have been nicer if they used a desktop DAC instead of an older mobile DAC version of the 9018.
Balanced for that price is quite competitive, however power output even for balanced is quite low. Just 110mw/300ohms and 60mw/600ohms higher than NFB-11 which is single ended.

Jul 15, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #20 of 468
Just spotted this on amazon...for 78 bucks cdn with free shipping! Undoubtedly a massive error on someones part,i ordered anyway...and order has been confirmed by amazon,we'll see if it actually gets shipped..its not really what i was looking for,but i'll gamble on the tiny chance that they honor the deal

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #22 of 468
Just spotted this on amazon...for 78 bucks cdn with free shipping! Undoubtedly a massive error on someones part,i ordered anyway...and order has been confirmed by amazon,we'll see if it actually gets shipped..its not really what i was looking for,but i'll gamble on the tiny chance that they honor the deal

I'll be interested to hear what (if anything) shows up in the mail. Just had a look myself and I see ~$500 cad

Jul 15, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #23 of 468
I'll be interested to hear what (if anything) shows up in the mail. Just had a look myself and I see ~$500 cad

ill be amazed if they dont just cancel the order myself,and you're right when i click on the product from my order,it now shows 505 cdn...i had little doubt it was error from the get go when i first saw it last night,they still hadnt corrected this morning,so i figured..why not?see what happens...what i expect to show up is a polite email saying sorry for the error,but yeah no way

Jul 15, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #24 of 468
Hopefully the worst that happens is a cancellation. Amazon has been really slack when it comes to vetting sellers. I almost got a great deal on a NAS until I checked and saw the seller just launched and had no feedback. TBH, if it was still listed at $80, I might have tried an order myself:beerchug:

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #26 of 468
Hopefully the worst that happens is a cancellation. Amazon has been really slack when it comes to vetting sellers. I almost got a great deal on a NAS until I checked and saw the seller just launched and had no feedback. TBH, if it was still listed at $80, I might have tried an order myself:beerchug:

received the expected email from seller,essentially ..it was a mistake,so sorry,no cancellation tho, but asking me to cancel the order,i checked that they had the option to cancel it,and they most certainly do[naturally with attendant hits to their amazon rating]...so i slept on it and gave them the option...and the next morning,an amazon email informed me the order has indeed shipped!the 78 dollar amazon charge has posted to my CC, Now just to wait and see what comes i guess...seems like i may have gotten a smokin deal but cant be sure until it actually shows up i guess

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #27 of 468
received the expected email from seller,essentially ..it was a mistake,so sorry,no cancellation tho, but asking me to cancel the order,i checked that they had the option to cancel it,and they most certainly do[naturally with attendant hits to their amazon rating]...so i slept on it and gave them the option...and the next morning,an amazon email informed me the order has indeed shipped!the 78 dollar amazon charge has posted to my CC, Now just to wait and see what comes i guess...seems like i may have gotten a smokin deal but cant be sure until it actually shows up i guess
Sounds like you might have got the deal of the century. Hope that it works out for you, I'm very happy with it so far.

Jul 21, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #28 of 468
DX7 on MD at $340 if target met for those interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back