These Cheap Coby Earbuds blew away my expectations!!
Apr 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

audiojun

500+ Head-Fier
I bought them at marshalls on sale for $ 5.99. It caught my attention because they have a big port on the back, I wanted to see how open back earbuds sound so i bought them.

Wow!! when i listened to them the bass extends very deep like 15hz - 20hz deep, i actually prefer the bass of these buds over my HD 518. The mids are forward, the sound stage is still small considering its an earbud and its a little laid back. The treble is harder as opposed to soft. I let my friends try these and they all thought they sounded great.

model number CVEM89.

Best sounding bud's I have ever bought, I haven't bought any high quality IEM's though. But it beats the apple earbuds and some sony, samsung and philips buds that I had. They sound better than my M-50's.

It also comes with a mic... i never used the mic though.

Looking for a super low budget value earbud? this is it...

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Lots of earbuds that have "hard" treble will settle down and smooth out some with playing time.

Sounds promising and worth trying out at the price.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 6
you are right the treble is not that bad as when I first tried them on a few days ago. I already had them for about a week now still sounding superb. I am even comparing them with my hd 600's and they stack up well considering the low price.

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #5 of 6
The bass extends deep the deepest I have heard in an ear bud, the quality is great I think it has to do with the big port on the back, it sounds like a open can to me. I can say the quality of the bass is better than the M-50 and HD 518 and the HD 600 (headphones that I own). I can't say the same for the treble though. As I listen more and more I find instrument seperation is lacking, and imaging and sound stage is also lacking, but bass quantity and quality is great, bare in mind I am comparing it to my HD 600 which is kind of not fair and have not heard an high quality IEM before. But I can tell you that these are better than previous buds I have owned skull candy, philips, sony, panasonic by huge margin.

I hope that answers your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back