The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Mar 30, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #196 of 615
I just got round to posting @shigzeo 's Oriveti New Primacy review up on the site. You can find it here: http://www.headfonia.com/review-oriveti-new-primacy-newer-primmer-just-as-precious/
I can't believe I still haven't heard this IEM myself 
blink.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #197 of 615
Just pulled the trigger and ordered BOTH.
Will compare them and try them out and decide then. :)

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #198 of 615
So i've had the New Primacy for about 20 days now. I can confirm these a truly spectacular iems especially for the price it's asking for. They sound very nicely balanced and to me about neutral maybe with a small lift in the bass region. Mids are clear and forward and I can hear small micro details that I truly never heard with other iems or headphones. The sound is smoothe but exciting and with a few tracks I am amazed how amazingly textured and fast the bass can be. Much more qaulity over qauntity but when the song calls for bass it really does did deep and punches. Highs are very nicely extended but not elevated. Personally these iems are one of the best I heard and I can just keep listening to them all day (It has happaned when I suddenly fall asleep in bed and realize in the morning my ears hear music). The sound is addictive. Iems such as the Fidue 83, Pinnacle P1, Ibasso It03, Shure Se535 and Westone W40 have never got me this addicted, I can't stop listening to music. Right now as i'm typing i'm listening to The Prodigy Climbatize and it just sounds so damn good. :D

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #200 of 615
Yeah, my two main issues with the it03 were the vocals and a peak in the low treble (apart from fit).

Yes, I get a some heat with the fan club when I speak of the mids (I like my mids thank you!). A bit recessed for my taste -- it shows when you're listening to Broadway recordings. The it03 is great for classical music though, everyone on the same playing field and nicely detailed. Highs didn't bother me as much, I thought they were rather well done. I still hand it to the Flc8s in having the best (and tunable) highs at this level.

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #201 of 615
Got the NEW Primacy yesterday and burned them for 24h with pink noise and normal music play.

Tried them, and I am not really convinced.. The Highs are too bright and the midbass is not really thumpy in some tracks..
Might change after some more burn in, sadly the IT03 arent there yet.

Just bumped into the LZ A4 and the Trinity Icarus III, which seem very promising, espescially the LZ A4 (sadly, there arent any reviews yet about the Icarus, since they arent really shipped yet).
Maybe the LZ A4 is the one for me, since I can also tune them (and only 200$).

Will write more impressions if I dont forget :D

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #202 of 615
  Got the NEW Primacy yesterday and burned them for 24h with pink noise and normal music play.

Tried them, and I am not really convinced.. The Highs are too bright and the midbass is not really thumpy in some tracks..
Might change after some more burn in, sadly the IT03 arent there yet.

Just bumped into the LZ A4 and the Trinity Icarus III, which seem very promising, espescially the LZ A4 (sadly, there arent any reviews yet about the Icarus, since they arent really shipped yet).
Maybe the LZ A4 is the one for me, since I can also tune them (and only 200$).

Will write more impressions if I dont forget :D

Ah man that sucks, maybe try some tip rolling? Personally, I found the New Primacy to be really dry out of the box, I found they had good synergy with the JVC Spiral dots, but since you think the highs are too bright, I'm not sure... The New Primacy actually has a more neutral/smooth high end to my ear, I guess earphones like the XBA-40 will make your ears bleed haha.

So maybe give them some time to adjust, I had a similar experience with the Hifiman RE-600, it's literally the most unremarkable iem out of the box, but after some adjustment (brain burn-in) and some tip rolling, it's an incredibly transparent and resolving listen. I just wasn't used to such a lean, perhaps more neutral sound. What gear are you coming from btw?

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #203 of 615

Ah man that sucks, maybe try some tip rolling? Personally, I found the New Primacy to be really dry out of the box, I found they had good synergy with the JVC Spiral dots, but since you think the highs are too bright, I'm not sure... The New Primacy actually has a more neutral/smooth high end to my ear, I guess earphones like the XBA-40 will make your ears bleed haha.

So maybe give them some time to adjust, I had a similar experience with the Hifiman RE-600, it's literally the most unremarkable iem out of the box, but after some adjustment (brain burn-in) and some tip rolling, it's an incredibly transparent and resolving listen. I just wasn't used to such a lean, perhaps more neutral sound. What gear are you coming from btw?

I only use my smartphone Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, since I dont want to carry that much around and dont have the spare money for professional gear.

I liked the T20 sound signature very very very much, was nearly perfect for me, but the memory wire was a big negative point for me..
So jeah, will see how much more burn in achieves, and how good the IT03 is.
Maybe the LZ A4 are also a good option, they seem very promising :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #204 of 615

I only use my smartphone Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, since I dont want to carry that much around and dont have the spare money for professional gear.

I liked the T20 sound signature very very very much, was nearly perfect for me, but the memory wire was a big negative point for me..
So jeah, will see how much more burn in achieves, and how good the IT03 is.
Maybe the LZ A4 are also a good option, they seem very promising :)

Yeah, all comes down to personal preference and the Z5 is probably a fine source anyway, I've heard Sony implement discrete components, I listen from my HTC a lot of the time too. I've heard really great things about the LZ A4 too, need to try it out!

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #205 of 615
It is getting better (still the IT03 didnt arrive), but the midbass is not as strong as I am looking for, the highs still outweigh the midbass.
But the Highs got smoother, still cant crank them up as loud as usual without they getting too harsh for my likings.

Eitherway, will return them due to this reasons, and will see what the IT03 will give me, and maybe even order the LZ-A4, sorry Primacy Thread

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #206 of 615
I am comparing the IT03 with New Primacy now. I find myself favoring the New Primacy. The mid-range is more full and so much more to my liking than the mid-range on the IT03. Bass & sub bass are very close if you get a good seal, IT03 seems to have a bit more impact but it is marginal at least to me. I find New Primacy highs to be smoother over the IT03 as well. New Primacy wins for me in comfort too. BTW I am preferring the Spinfit eartips with both and am comparing them with the same tips.

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #207 of 615
I am comparing the IT03 with New Primacy now. I find myself favoring the New Primacy. The mid-range is more full and so much more to my liking than the mid-range on the IT03. Bass & sub bass are very close if you get a good seal, IT03 seems to have a bit more impact but it is marginal at least to me. I find New Primacy highs to be smoother over the IT03 as well. New Primacy wins for me in comfort too. BTW I am preferring the Spinfit eartips with both and am comparing them with the same tips.

I tried the IT03 before, it felt very v shaped and vivid, with strong but very aggressive bass and stellar subbass, and an aggressive treble. Midrange was slightly recessed, but vocals were very clear and detailed, unlike the Primacy, which was relaxed and smooth.

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #208 of 615
I tried the IT03 before, it felt very v shaped and vivid, with strong but very aggressive bass and stellar subbass, and an aggressive treble. Midrange was slightly recessed, but vocals were very clear and detailed, unlike the Primacy, which was relaxed and smooth.

Agree with this. I can listen to the New Primacy far longer without fatigue than I can the IT03.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #209 of 615
Agree with this. I can listen to the New Primacy far longer without fatigue than I can the IT03.

Both seems to be near polar opposites, and to be honest, I prefer the Primacy to my tastes, the IT03 was far too aggressive and hot, although I could see it if I were to listen to something with insane bass speed and detail. However, if I want micro-details and a nice staging plus a smooth relaxing listen, the Primacy is for me.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #210 of 615
Anything in this price range or up to <$450 I should be considering? Where the New Primacy and for that matter all the IEMs I have tried thus far leave me wanting is for a wider, deeper soundstage with more distance/air between instruments similar to what you get with open-back OTE headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back