The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
May 5, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #796 of 1,043
Don't worry I recommend Lufia for you! But let's be honest others were better.

My first SNES game to recommend will be terranigma and then earthbound and then bahamut lagoon and then the sailor moon story and then tales of phanstias and finally LUFIA lol.....

Also Lufia 2 on the same level as an snes FF. That's pretty bold. I will say FF4 and 5 only. But come on FF6 is a beast of a game. Very over the top. Super quality game for an SNES game. Story to soundtrack to battle mechanics to character base. Sorry FF6 is pretty much a legendary status game and no snes game can pretty much compete. Not even chrono trigger in my opinion.

Thing is, I personally preferred FF4 to FF6.

May 5, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #797 of 1,043
Thing is, I personally preferred FF4 to FF6.

Yea FF4 has that nostalgic factor in it. Right from the start on the Red Wing to the betrayal to becoming a paladin to the lava world to space. Its great. But personally FF6 had that epic detail saga within the game that makes it amazing.

May 5, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #798 of 1,043
Sega CD Lunar was the best . Why CD quality soundtrack that sounded amazing. Compare ps1 vs Sega CD battle themes. A clear winner. Well it's an opinion and a good one lol.

Also Sega CD games were so on another level.

Popful mail - funniest rpg around
Snatcher - way ahead of its time
Shinning force CD- best force
And lunar
Sega CD lacked the graphics, the fmv videos (COME ON, THE BOAT SONG IS TIMELESS). It was a more complete version of the game. I can argue that Silver Star Harmony on PSP was the best version, but they messed with the songs, which irritated me, though literally everything else was way better than the other versions.

May 5, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #799 of 1,043
Sega CD lacked the graphics, the fmv videos (COME ON, THE BOAT SONG IS TIMELESS). It was a more complete version of the game. I can argue that Silver Star Harmony on PSP was the best version, but they messed with the songs, which irritated me, though literally everything else was way better than the other versions.

Hahahaha that boat song. It truly brainwash everyone.

Looks like 3 things you picked off in each port.

So let's say this.

Sega CD soundtrack , Ps1 boat song and Psp graphics and style.

There we go. The Ultimate edition Lunar!!!

May 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #800 of 1,043
Anybody here uses emulators like drastic ds For android? I'd like to know what your experiences are.

These are all on Android play store legal !! Work %100. I was the beta tester for all and there all lovely !!

(Nothing is better than these trust me)

Drastic - DS
FPSE - PS1 - beta tested 20 RPGS on this emulator and beaten 15. Such as, lagoon and FF9 etch 4 disc easy handle!
Mame4driod -Arcades I have 10,000 roms working
My boy! -Gameboy Advance
Snes9x EX+ - Snes
Reicast - Dreamcast (playing marvel vs capcom 2 right now on my phone lol) grandia 2 works , hehehe
MD.emu - Sega genesis/MDX/ CD - Yes Sega CD works and you can play snatcher! On your phone
UoYabause - Sega Saturn
PPSSPP - Psp- beat crisis core on my phone
N64iod 2.7 - Secret N64 only apk on google.... nothing's better than this n64 emulator even the older revisions is beast

-Future in our pockets

May 5, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #801 of 1,043
Drastic is all I could ask for with DS. Initially tried out 999 using shield tablet & ipega controller, worked flawlessly.

May 5, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #802 of 1,043
I watched a friend play the Sega CD version of Lunar back in the day, but I never got a chance to play it till the iOS release. I stopped playing it a while back, and now I don't remember what my task was. I keep thinking I'll start over, but I'd rather do it on a console. The iOS version is too difficult to control accurately.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #803 of 1,043
Drastic is all I could ask for with DS. Initially tried out 999 using shield tablet & ipega controller, worked flawlessly.

Yes drastic is great!! Hands down.

Well at least if others are interested they now know which versions to get instead looking everywhere else.

May 5, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #804 of 1,043
I watched a friend play the Sega CD version of Lunar back in the day, but I never got a chance to play it till the iOS release. I stopped playing it a while back, and now I don't remember what my task was. I keep thinking I'll start over, but I'd rather do it on a console. The iOS version is too difficult to control accurately.

Get a ps1 emulator or the Sega emulator on your phone as I mention on top and replay

May 16, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #805 of 1,043
Get a ps1 emulator or the Sega emulator on your phone as I mention on top and replay
Have you tried Yabause on Android? Have been trying to run any Saturn game without any luck. The only one that i want to play is Panzer Dragoon Saga. BTW, Reicast is running fun on my smartphone playing Sonic Adventure 2, I only notice some glitches and it still playable.

May 16, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #806 of 1,043
Have you tried Yabause on Android? Have been trying to run any Saturn game without any luck. The only one that i want to play is Panzer Dragoon Saga. BTW, Reicast is running fun on my smartphone playing Sonic Adventure 2, I only notice some glitches and it still playable.

Yes Have it and it works. Got daytona and the die hard game working

Reicast you should check their update page and download the newest apk files.

May 16, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #807 of 1,043
Yes Have it and it works. Got daytona and the die hard game working

Reicast you should check their update page and download the newest apk files.
Great then, have you tested other games or notice some glitches?. I don't really know if they already fixed the glitches problem on Shenmue 1. It is annoying because we cannot see our progress in the book.

May 16, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #808 of 1,043

Users who are viewing this thread

Back