The Audio Lounge
Jul 20, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #122 of 36,015
I've been looking at those, I don't need them daily that's what the Lyra 2 are for, but I want something absolutely breathtaking to listen to when I'm sitting on my roof rack on a peak watching the sun set or watching stars

With the right amount of juice, they are breathtaking. I won't need a new over ear headphone fix for quite a while.

Jul 20, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #124 of 36,015
Is there a preferred portable amp to be used with them? I have an inverter in my FJ so I'm not limited to portable only but it would be nice

I haven't used them as a portable headphone, they are way too big. But if I did, I'd just use my iDSD with them, would be more than enough juice. Maybe someone in the M1060 thread has found a good portable amp matchup.

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #125 of 36,015
I haven't used them as a portable headphone, they are way too big. But if I did, I'd just use my iDSD with them, would be more than enough juice. Maybe someone in the M1060 thread has found a good portable amp matchup.

I would agree idsd black version although the mojo is driving the fostex t50rp which are notably hard to drive although the idsd has more power, there is a lot of toss up between mojo and idsd black.
Some say mojo has better resolution but idsd has supposedly bigger sound stage and obviously more power /body to the music.
I know I spent months trying to decide and it was mainly my fostex that kept me switching back and forth think it realy is a toss up they are both pretty good.

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #129 of 36,015
Well ladies and gents, it looks like there is movement on the Trinity Icarus III situation so I may not need to find another IEM. For now anyway, lol. We all know this hobby never ends.

I just saw, that's good news! I'll see what they sound like against the Master and Lyra2! Is there a market for used Trinity IEMs? I'm going to sell me Deltas, Masters and the Icarus 3 to put a dent into the M1060's. Realistically I only need 1 backup IEM which will the the Icarus 4

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #130 of 36,015
I just saw, that's good news! I'll see what they sound like against the Master and Lyra2! Is there a market for used Trinity IEMs? I'm going to sell me Deltas, Masters and the Icarus 3 to put a dent into the M1060's. Realistically I only need 1 backup IEM which will the the Icarus 4

They seem to sell them on ebay, so maybe. And I don't think you'd regret selling them to get your hands on the M1060.

Pleased for you.
hopefully you will be receiving soon and as a master fan you can give me your comparison/opinion

Hopefully. But now I'm really wanting the FiiO F9 too, lol. Stupid headphone addiction.

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #131 of 36,015
Should probably at least wait until you actually get the Icarus IV. They say August, but who knows if that's when they'll actually show up :p

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #132 of 36,015
They seem to sell them on ebay, so maybe. And I don't think you'd regret selling them to get your hands on the M1060.

Hopefully. But now I'm really wanting the FiiO F9 too, lol. Stupid headphone addiction.

Not certain on the fiios for me, but that addiction is one serious itch!
I have about 3 products in the pipeline, poss 4 poss 5....1 more quad , Valhalla 2, and poss modi multibit oh and also poss flares pro ....my itch is realy itchy lol

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #133 of 36,015
Should probably at least wait until you actually get the Icarus IV. They say August, but who knows if that's when they'll actually show up :p

There are some many IEMs out there that you can get to your door within a few day that I'm not really worried about the Icarus 4, I'd rather have some planars than a 3 or 4 iems collecting dust :)

Jul 21, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #134 of 36,015
There are some many IEMs out there that you can get to your door within a few day that I'm not really worried about the Icarus 4, I'd rather have some planars than a 3 or 4 iems collecting dust :)

Definitely planars! I honestly i can't go back, I have heard that the Beyer t1s are pretty good too though, but planars for me.
I have considered buying the massdrop senn 650 as they are so cheap, but honestly my damn ugly fostex t50rp mk3 are so good for the money I paid that im worried that I would still prefer them , I know the he 400i are compared and in most comparisons I read some still prefer the he400i....long live the planar.

Jul 21, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #135 of 36,015
that addiction is one serious itch!
IEMs are seductive little things - I truly don't understand why, LOL! For some reason I've never felt the same about headphones, maybe because due to the tropical climate I use them much less, but when I got my Sony MDR 1A I reached my end point for overears. They are just very good, very musical and extremely comfortable headphones, leaving me not wishing for anything more.
IEMs I use much more, both at home and in the gym or when traveling which I do quite a bit. I have found what for me are the almost perfect set - the Sony XBA N3, which I recommend to anyone who likes natural sound with powerful bass and clear and potent treble - but still love to try new sets. I'm keen to listen to the campfire products to see how they match up with my tastes, especially the hybrid model. I do have to remind myself that I only have 2 ears, and more than a few pairs, even for different purposes, is a waste :wink:... But they're seductive, something about the technology just appeals.
In actuality, I should concentrate on finding a nice new DAP, as my much loved, nearly to death, iPod classic is on it's last legs. I've got the excellent Fiio e17k attached to an old android phone as well, but prefer a stand-alone player for most things. Budget constraints apply, but I'm looking with interest at that Opus, along with the new Cayin, Shanling and Fiio models.
The curse of too much choice, ha, could be worse...:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back