The Hifiman RE2000 - a high end dynamic IEM
Jun 13, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #17 of 627
Definitely they look very big to me. I don't see how can they be comfortable for a long listing session for someone with small ears.

Xelentos? They are tiny, disappear in your ear. If anything, i wish their nozzle would be a little longer.

Jun 15, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #18 of 627
IMG_4068.JPG
Look what Came yesterday

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #21 of 627
I shall have the RE800 in a bit. Hopefully soon.

Jun 19, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #23 of 627
Wohoo!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

It really sounds like RE800 and its bigger brother, Re2000, are quite the awesome IEMs that will overtake a lot of the audiophile market.

Will find out soon... after the burn in :wink: Btw, a good news, RE2k fits standard 2pin connectors!

hfm_re800_re2000-x03.jpg

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #24 of 627
Headphone prices have gone absolutely insane :S

Jun 20, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #25 of 627
Will find out soon... after the burn in :wink: Btw, a good news, RE2k fits standard 2pin connectors!

Nice!

Can't wait to read more about their sound!

I will also review them sometime in the future, it looks like HiFiMAN has really stepped up their game with those new releases. The only TOTL single Dynamic Driver IEM I experienced for long periods of time is Sennheiser ie800, which impressed me a lot and revealed to me what a single Dynamic Driver is able to do.

RE800 looks fairly small and comfortable and while RE2000 looks a bit bigger, I have been having really good comfort with Dunu DK-3001, SIMGOT EN700 and other big shaped IEMs, so I expect RE-2000 to be quite comfortable as well in practice!

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #28 of 627
I got the package with the two IEMs yesterday as well, but won't be posting a photo at this time because the photos are not developed yet. :beyersmile: :camera:

Woah - that joke will sadly make sense only for those of us who remember the time when photos used to be taken on Kodak films and developed in obscure rooms... I kinda miss those days.

Wouldn't want to imagine how complicated it would have been to take review photos back then (I take 2-3 shots per scene to get the best light and clarity/focus conditions nowadays, sometimes more).

The package should arrive here as well, but I'll also take the time to properly edit the photos before sharing them.

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #29 of 627
Woah - that joke will sadly make sense only for those of us who remember the time when photos used to be taken on Kodak films and developed in obscure rooms... I kinda miss those days.

Wouldn't want to imagine how complicated it would have been to take review photos back then (I take 2-3 shots per scene to get the best light and clarity/focus conditions nowadays, sometimes more).

The package should arrive here as well, but I'll also take the time to properly edit the photos before sharing them.

Err, no, I actually meant it in all seriousness. :beerchug:

Even though I do indeed have an analogue SLR, I am shooting only in RAW with my DSLM, and RAW files have to be developed first before they can be viewed by most software.

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #30 of 627
I got the package with the two IEMs yesterday as well, but won't be posting a photo at this time because the photos are not developed yet. :beyersmile: :camera:

I thought you were just busy, Chris, making your own cable with those spare Re2k connector parts :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back