The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Jul 21, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #47 of 2,251
...Maybe they'll change once they get past the 150-200 hour mark, but as they stand right now, the K3 Pro comes out on top. From what I've read, and from what you seem to be looking for, you might want to look at the Mee Audio Pinnacle PX that Massdrop has right now.
Thanks for further impressions and Pinnacle PX suggestion...

...but - Ouch! ...the PX's price...:fearful:

UPDATE: Sorry... I was shocked by P1's price. PX is within my desired price range.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #48 of 2,251
Thanks for further impressions and Pinnacle PX suggestion...

...but - Ouch! ...the PX's price...:fearful:

UPDATE: Sorry... I was shocked by P1's price. PX is within my desired price range.

You might also want to check out the Fiio F9 coming out at the end of this month for $99. I'm going to wait on the reviews on that one though.

Jul 23, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #49 of 2,251
Looking for an upgrade from KZ ZS5.
What should I get? Ex5 or Ex King? I wouldn't rather upgrade my gears, currently running an HTC M9.

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #51 of 2,251
The King might be a little light in the low end if you're used to the ZS5. I'd say go for the Exclusive 5, but I'm a little biased. It's my favorite of the lineup :p
Settled on the Exclusive 5 then. But what amp would you suggest in conjunction with my current device, the HTC M9?

Jul 24, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #52 of 2,251
It's easy to tame and tighten bass on the Exclusive 5, if desired. Just tape the rear vent and poke a small hole through the tape:

9934663_l.jpg

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #55 of 2,251
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #56 of 2,251
Settled on the Exclusive 5 then. But what amp would you suggest in conjunction with my current device, the HTC M9?

The Exclusive 5 requires a little extra power to really get going, but it sounds fine out of my HTC One M8. You could probably get away with no amp, or instead go with something inexpensie like the Topping NX1 or NX2. Maybe others will have a better recommendation?

It might be a complete different driver though, now that I think about it.
It looks like the same shell, but the same thing in King-design was listed as TFZ Series 4.
Unfortunate names for the new stuff.

Edit: Link for the Series 4 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...n-Interface-HIFI-Monitor-In/32822732128.html?

The Series...uh, series...has a more fun, bassy tune from my understanding, and all use the same basic shell as the King. The My Love 2 definitely uses a different driver than the King. Completely different specs. Guessing it'll be more like the Series 1/3/5 than the Exclusive 1/3/5.

Jul 29, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #58 of 2,251
It's easy to tame and tighten bass on the Exclusive 5, if desired. Just tape the rear vent and poke a small hole through the tape:
(image)
This reminds me a lot of the tape mod on the IE80, although I don't feel the need to use this on the Exclusive 5; its bass boost doesn't extend as far into the mids as the IE80s does.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #59 of 2,251
Hi all! I am a newbie in the IEM world and recently I´ve acquired the ZS5 and I am really enjoying them. for what they cost me they have an amazing level of detail and clarity. Basically, I listen to jazz, classical and electronic music (IDM). I've read very good reviews about the level of detail of TFZ King and I would like you to know is somebody could share experiences with those musical genres. I suppose they will be much better than the ZS5, don't they?

Thank you very much. Have a great day, friends :)

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #60 of 2,251
Hi all! I am a newbie in the IEM world and recently I´ve acquired the ZS5 and I am really enjoying them. for what they cost me they have an amazing level of detail and clarity. Basically, I listen to jazz, classical and electronic music (IDM). I've read very good reviews about the level of detail of TFZ King and I would like you to know is somebody could share experiences with those musical genres. I suppose they will be much better than the ZS5, don't they?

Thank you very much. Have a great day, friends :)

Glad to hear you're enjoying the ZS5. The King would be an upgrade, though a different experience; more forward mids, lowered bass quantity, more treble sparkle, improved sound stage and imaging. I listen to a ton of electronic, mostly liquid d'n'b, and while the King certainly pairs well with the genre the 5 is a bit more appropriate imo. It has a slightly darker and more weighty presentation that really suits the random jazz mixes I sometimes listen to while gaming, and especially EDM. It's performance is also nearly on par with the King everywhere else. I don't think you'd be disappointed with whatever you chose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back