SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Mar 22, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #7,397 of 7,541
Hi all!
I have done a search for aptX in this long thread. But I didn't find any info about how to know if the A15 has actually connected with aptX.
Every time I connect to a BT receiver that supposedly supports aptX, the A15 says something about "SBC" being used.
I tried standing right next to the receiver.

My question is: Has anyone seen the A10 series ever mentioning aptX when connecting?
(I have fiddled with the connection settings  on the A15)

My Android phone supports aptX (supposedly) and certainly seem to get a different sound over BT than the A15. (Both playing FLAC)

Regards
Patrik

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #7,398 of 7,541
settings->bluetooth settings->wireless playback quality->select->aptx
if the headphone is compatible with aptx that's what it will use, if not, then SBC will be used as default.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #7,399 of 7,541
Hi there,

Ive read here that generally the Dynamic Normalizer is a bad thing to have on when playing music. Itll kill d SQ, n when I first got d player (A25) that seemed to b d case (hooked up my hps direct from it, n it got fatiguing real quick).

Recently however, I tried double amping with vol @ 14 + Dynamic Normalizer turned on. Surprisingly d sound was not fatiguing--n actually good I thought.

I was wondering if maybe d dynamic normalizer works well (less distortion) when we have d volume at lower levels.

I have alot of digitized vinyl albums mixed in with mp3s n aacs so gets annoying when I have to change vol when on shuffle.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #7,402 of 7,541
  1.21 (don't know if there are different FWs for different versions but mine is A17)

then I need to be updated.
wink.gif

May 5, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #7,403 of 7,541
Has anyone tried to install the 1.21 update on a Japanese version of this dap ? Did it work ?

edit : Aside from the firmware thingy, i just found out that the a10 series do not support multi channel tracks.. Time to upgrade !

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #7,406 of 7,541
I can adjust UE Boom volume with A17.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #7,407 of 7,541
I'm sure I've said it before but I continue to be impressed by the A15's streaming abilities..... In the form if it's great FM radio.!!

Listening to Radio 3 afternoon classical concerts and late night jazz sessions using my Musical Fidelity phones the clarity and warmth are lovely. Obviously the signal can vary a little but is generally good. A little background hiss can even be a little endearing.

No surprise really As Sony have always understood radio. My superb jewel like little (DAB/FM) XDR-P1DBP and even my Xperia phone prove it. Neither sound quite as good with headphones as the Walkman though

Good radio seems to be forgotten by other manufacturers of DAPs & mobile phone. It can be a great free source of music and current affairs etc.

The A15 is good enough for a lover of analogue radio to consider buying one as a high quality pocket radio alone. With the bonus of playback of stored music rather than the other way around.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #7,408 of 7,541
Actually maybe even Sony have given up on the old 'antiquated' radio

Two of the newest products; the A30 Walkman and the Xperia XZ Premium don't have this feature. The P1, possibly the finest truly portable radio around, looks to be discontinued.

A shame and a reason not to 'upgrade' anytime soon.

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #7,410 of 7,541
My a35 has a radio? Little radio symbol near the top on the home screen. FM only mind.

Right sorry for the mistake. I was going by the Sony website where it states' FM radio ? 'NO '

Good to hear anyway. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back