Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Jun 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #931 of 2,460
Quite disappointed with the lack of support from Shanling over my problem.
Holding/pressing any buttons will not revive the player.
Isn' t there really any file that will do the booting automatically?
I can't use this player now and i am trying to find solutions by myself.

I'm sorry, but we are doing everything we can!

There are two ways how to make M2s work and they always, always worked. We are not sure what's wrong with Musicday's player, but we have been working with him over PM to fix it whole sunday afternoon. I will try to reach out to our engineers tomorrow when they get to office and try to find some solution.

For others users, when you decide for some reason to downgrade from beta firmware, please use recommended way, not "system update" in settings.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 18, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #932 of 2,460
Shanling team is fantastic bringing all the updates and making the M2s a better music player with new updates.
Looking forward to see what high end player they plan to release this year.
Same UI no touch screen and dual DAC AKM 4497 Eq and full SD card will be my wish.

Um, I'm just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure there's no way they're going with full-size SD card. If you want that, go look on AliExpress for Chi-Fi DAPs, lol

I'm betting it's going to have touchscreen. Not sure about dual DAC. Honestly don't care about that. It's more about how well you implement the HW you choose, not how much HW you throw in...

Hi, long time lurker here in the forum, and this will be my first post.
I am considering the M2s but would like to ask how it is with sensitive multi-driver ciems, as i heard its predecessor, the M2, was quite noisy. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nope, neither M2 nor M2s are noisy.

Chill, bro. Sound to me like @Shanling is trying to help you. Not everything is a simple fix, and it seems you installed beta firmware. You live on the bleeding edge and sometimes you get cut. I know that from personal experience

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #933 of 2,460
Um, I'm just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure there's no way they're going with full-size SD card. If you want that, go look on AliExpress for Chi-Fi DAPs, lol

I'm betting it's going to have touchscreen. Not sure about dual DAC. Honestly don't care about that. It's more about how well you implement the HW you choose, not how much HW you throw in...

Nope, neither M2 nor M2s are noisy.

Chill, bro. Sound to me like @Shanling is trying to help you. Not everything is a simple fix, and it seems you installed beta firmware. You live on the bleeding edge and sometimes you get cut. I know that from personal experience
You may be affiliated with Shanling but i am not.
And definitely the beta firmware caused this crash. This is the problem you get when many bugs are not sorted when beta firmware is released.
From wanting to help to providing a valuable solution is a long way, but i will wait a bit longer and see what the engineers have to say.

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #934 of 2,460
And definitely the beta firmware caused this crash. This is the problem you get when many bugs are not sorted when beta firmware is released.
From wanting to help to providing a valuable solution is a long way, but i will wait a bit longer and see what the engineers have to say.

No affiliation here besides being a Shanling fan who wants to spread the word about how good I think their DAPs are.

My main point is that people take a cavalier approach to beta software these days. It's exciting to try out features ahead of time, but you sometimes pay the price for living on the bleeding edge. I've helped out a few DAP makers with beta testing fw. I also run beta OS on my computer and phone, so I'm no stranger to betas and have had to Nuke & Pave my laptop and phone more than once due to beta bugs. Is it a pain? Yup. Do I understand the risk going on? Yup. Do I continue to do it anyways? Yup

Jun 18, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #935 of 2,460
The M2s drives the RS1i's easyly and beautifully on low gain. Man!, Santana's Abraxas give me goosebumps...

IMG_20170618_165217498.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170618_165217498.jpg
    IMG_20170618_165217498.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Jun 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #936 of 2,460

Lack of support? Shanling is trying to sort it out for you. On a weekend. A lot better than most companies would do. You seem to have a unique situation. Shanling won't abandon you from everything I've experienced with them. I don't own this device, so I can't make specific recommendations, but I wouldn't give up hope.

Jun 18, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #937 of 2,460

No affiliation here besides being a Shanling fan who wants to spread the word about how good I think their DAPs are.

My main point is that people take a cavalier approach to beta software these days. It's exciting to try out features ahead of time, but you sometimes pay the price for living on the bleeding edge. I've helped out a few DAP makers with beta testing fw. I also run beta OS on my computer and phone, so I'm no stranger to betas and have had to Nuke & Pave my laptop and phone more than once due to beta bugs. Is it a pain? Yup. Do I understand the risk going on? Yup. Do I continue to do it anyways? Yup

I just watched this thread so far, with a high interest in the product and I'm a bit of a fan to the service @Shanling has been providing to their fans.

I understand your frustration, @musicday , but I think that having a bit more patience would be good, especially as today was Sunday and most companies don't work on Sunday.

I have a feeling that the problem will be fixed in the near future, or at least I'm extremely curious if it will be, but until then, I will only say this: I had a mix-up before with a warranty. Basically, I got a product in warranty and it was done through a shop and I received (entirely by unintended mistake), the sample in the showroom, where the product was supposed to come from warranty. I was more than angry, but when the problem got fixed, I felt bad for getting so worked on over it, the shop did their best to fix the problem next day during their first hour of work - made me feel bad for not having a bit more patience.

I do remember how angry I was, so I totally understand your emotions about the situation, but yet, Shanling seems to have done good efforts providing methods of fixing the problem, let's hope that their engineers manage to fix it tomorrow and that all will be well and that you'll be able to get back to enjoying it!

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #938 of 2,460
Chin up musicday, I know it sucks to have a bricked unit but it's not like Shanling is some jonny come lately- fly by night outfit. I'm sure one way or another they'll get you sorted and you'll be jamming again before you know it. I'm using the beta right now, but I'm sure not going to downgrade back to 1.10.

crap happens.

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #939 of 2,460
Do you any of you guys here who have the M2S have an experience with the iBasso DX50? I have been using for DX50 for quite some time now and have been looking to upgrade (especially to a Shanling DAP). @nmatheis bro i have enjoyed reading your reviews of Shanling gears and have found them quite enticing (i love the form factors, apparent build quality and UI). Any input and comparisons (in particular about sound quality) will be much appreciated. I am strongly considering getting the M2S from ShenzenAudio store on Aliexpress cause they offer DHL/Fedex shipping for a minimal fee. Do you any of you have experience ordering from them? Thanks and good day to you all.

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #940 of 2,460
Do you any of you guys here who have the M2S have an experience with the iBasso DX50? I have been using for DX50 for quite some time now and have been looking to upgrade (especially to a Shanling DAP). @nmatheis bro i have enjoyed reading your reviews of Shanling gears and have found them quite enticing (i love the form factors, apparent build quality and UI). Any input and comparisons (in particular about sound quality) will be much appreciated. I am strongly considering getting the M2S from ShenzenAudio store on Aliexpress cause they offer DHL/Fedex shipping for a minimal fee. Do you any of you have experience ordering from them? Thanks and good day to you all.

Thanks for the kind words, bro. I haven't used DX50 but do own DX90. Compared to the newer crop of DAPs, I don't use DX90 much anymore. The feature set plus sound is more to my liking vs older DAPs in my collection like FiiO X3 & X5 and iBasso DX90. What type of sound are you looking for from the dap, and what gear (buds, headphones, iem) will you be using with it?

Totally forgot the question about Shenzhen Audio. I've purchased from them before from their regular website and had no problems. Haven't ordered from the AliExpress store, though...

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #941 of 2,460
Thanks for the kind words, bro. I haven't used DX50 but do own DX90. Compared to the newer crop of DAPs, I don't use DX90 much anymore. The feature set plus sound is more to my liking vs older DAPs in my collection like FiiO X3 & X5 and iBasso DX90. What type of sound are you looking for from the dap, and what gear (buds, headphones, iem) will you be using with it?
Thanks for your quick reply bro. My gear is the crop of well known earbuds of which the highest impedance is Seahf 150 and probably will go higher in the future (I do have a good quality transparent amp if need be). I was looking for a direct upgrade to the DX50, that is a more detailed sound with better soundstage and a tad better low-end (if possible). I heard the Shanling is smoother and more musical (would love that). Unfortunately I'm not very good at describing sound and that why a few words from someone with direct comparison would be most welcome (i know the DX50 is quite old though and this might be atough call). Thanks again @nmatheis for chiming in and keep up with those great reviews :thumbsup:.

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #942 of 2,460

Aliexpress is where I ordered mine and they were excellent to deal with. Only thing was I had to take a pic of my credit card and then my bank refused the transaction. probably just because I was ordering from China. But after that shipping was fast (used DHL) and communication was great!

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #943 of 2,460
Aliexpress is where I ordered mine and they were excellent to deal with. Only thing was I had to take a pic of my credit card and then my bank refused the transaction. probably just because I was ordering from China. But after that shipping was fast (used DHL) and communication was great!
@abitdeef You mind telling me which store on Aliexpress?

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #944 of 2,460
I am strongly considering getting the M2S from ShenzenAudio store on Aliexpress cause they offer DHL/Fedex shipping for a minimal fee. Do you any of you have experience ordering from them?
Ordered mine 5 days ago from ShenzenAudio, has not been even shipped yet :slight_frown:
I hope my experience was a one-off though and good things are worth waiting for :o2smile:

Jun 19, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #945 of 2,460
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back