Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #7,772 of 9,320
Anyone have a wiring diagram for balance 4 pin xlr to 2x 2.5mm mono plug for HD700?

I have a spare balanced cable from zmf and like to convert them to 2.5mm jacks.

images

On the 2.5mm side.
Tip - Signal
Ring - Ground

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #7,774 of 9,320
To chime in after an year of use - these area great!

What a joy to my ears, the open air, the realistic acoustic - so many times I got confused "Do I hear sound from outside or this is from the headpones?". Great bass, open, clear gentle to my ears - no comparision with my other closed headphones as I can listen with many hours. So happy to be able to experience the sound. I truly dont know what, how much contributes of my rig (o2+dac, dedicated Hi-Fi USB from my PC), but right now - I don't care :)

Be happy with your setup! 
beyersmile.png

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #7,775 of 9,320
V20 sound good on HD700 in high impedance mode. I gave it to my wife and just got myself a G6:grin:

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #7,777 of 9,320
  To chime in after an year of use - these area great!

What a joy to my ears, the open air, the realistic acoustic - so many times I got confused "Do I hear sound from outside or this is from the headpones?". Great bass, open, clear gentle to my ears - no comparision with my other closed headphones as I can listen with many hours. So happy to be able to experience the sound. I truly dont know what, how much contributes of my rig (o2+dac, dedicated Hi-Fi USB from my PC), but right now - I don't care :)

Be happy with your setup! 
beyersmile.png

You think they have enough bass? I felt they were lacking a bit, although this was comparing it to the HD800S (which is of course much higher in price) have to agree though, the soundstage is amazing :)

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #7,778 of 9,320

You think they have enough bass? I felt they were lacking a bit, although this was comparing it to the HD800S (which is of course much higher in price) have to agree though, the soundstage is amazing :)

The bass is heavily affected by dac/amp. I used a warm tube amp and they responded VERY favourably.

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #7,780 of 9,320

interesting, maybe you tune volume by treble? these have quite a bit more bass than HD800S, which I've heard out of a Chord Dave. They sound really excellent, but they're a little unexciting to me. If they had the same amount of bass as 700 I'd want them. Think I'd buy Elear or Edition X. Elear is a lot of fun with an meaty bass and good mids, Edition X is like old pre-fazor LCD2 but with more clarity and evenness.

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #7,781 of 9,320
How you liking the G6? It doesn't have the power of the v20 but still a great device.

Its lighter and not power hungry as V20.Screen is tad smaller then V20 but display is more refine. Looking for a high impedance iem for it...

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #7,782 of 9,320

I do! I was just expressing my joy. I guess you feel or think the same with your setup :D

This reminds me of asking - how you guys clean and wash them?

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #7,783 of 9,320
Its lighter and not power hungry as V20.Screen is tad smaller then V20 but display is more refine. Looking for a high impedance iem for it...

I have the Mee P1s. They struggle a bit to power them, but do sound good doing it.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #7,784 of 9,320
  The bass is heavily affected by dac/amp. I used a warm tube amp and they responded VERY favourably.

I think the quality of the bass is quite good--it's very tight and goes very deep. But TBH, I could use a little more quantity. Right now I'm listening with a Schiit Magni 2U, which many feel is not a good match for the HD700. I just ordered a Little Dot MK III, with M8100 driver tubes, which should get here in around 10 days (I hope). I'm very anxious to see how the HD700 sounds with that, though it'll take a while for the tubes to properly burn-in.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #7,785 of 9,320
  I think the quality of the bass is quite good--it's very tight and goes very deep. But TBH, I could use a little more quantity. Right now I'm listening with a Schiit Magni 2U, which many feel is not a good match for the HD700. I just ordered a Little Dot MK III, with M8100 driver tubes, which should get here in around 10 days (I hope). I'm very anxious to see how the HD700 sounds with that, though it'll take a while for the tubes to properly burn-in.

My very limited experience is that tubes are bright before burning in. Enjoy, hope you like the pairing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back