Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jun 28, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #1,756 of 2,057
I recently changed my type A pads to the round Brainwavz. I lost some bass impact , but gained bass detail. I lost some of the painful zing in the low treble, but didn't lose detail. The issue I have with these pads is the sloppy fit. I seems as if the sound changes every time I put them on. The comfort is substantially improved though. Is there another pad recommendation that gets back a little bass slam, keeps the peaky treble tamed, and fits the Sonorous a little better? I am leaning to the ZMF pads in lambskin, but hesitate to spend the dough if they don't fit well. TIA

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #1,757 of 2,057
I recently changed my type A pads to the round Brainwavz. I lost some bass impact , but gained bass detail. I lost some of the painful zing in the low treble, but didn't lose detail. The issue I have with these pads is the sloppy fit. I seems as if the sound changes every time I put them on. The comfort is substantially improved though. Is there another pad recommendation that gets back a little bass slam, keeps the peaky treble tamed, and fits the Sonorous a little better? I am leaning to the ZMF pads in lambskin, but hesitate to spend the dough if they don't fit well. TIA

I've resolved myself to the fact that comfort will never be great. That said the ZMF pads were a definite improvement. They definitely fit well so there's no need to worry about that. I am noticing a slightly darker sound with them, but not a tremendous difference. My problem with fit isn't with the pads, it's the slider issue others have brought up.

Jun 28, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #1,758 of 2,057
I've tried type C pads (for Sonorous X/VIII) on Sonorous VI today at the showroom.
Mids and highs became bit softer and mids somewhat like the siblings X and VIII, but bass becomes very weak.
I don't like bit piercing and annoying treble of Sonorous VI, but C pads didn't solve them and even killed fun sounding bass of the VI.
However, it's interesting (and difficult) the pads change the sound character so much.

btw, the new planer prototype (second version) was really nice!

Jul 5, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #1,759 of 2,057
How bad is the sag of the headphone cups on the Pandora Hope VI compared to the Sonorous VI?

Jul 8, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #1,760 of 2,057
Also, can you use the Meze 99 classics cables on it?

Jul 17, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #1,761 of 2,057
Also, would the Dekoni M50 sheepskin elite pads be good on this?

Jul 23, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #1,762 of 2,057
Would any of the Dekoni Fostex THX00 pads improve sound isolation?

Aug 15, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #1,763 of 2,057
Someone knows if Final is going to introduce a balanced cable for this Headphone ? I think it was planned, maybe I´m wrong...
In the meantime does it exist an affordable offer, rather than DiY to get balanced ? (my first post on this thread), I already enjoy as SE
my Sonorous VI, I´m also planning to try some pads (Shure...) :o2smile:

Aug 15, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #1,764 of 2,057
Someone knows if Final is going to introduce a balanced cable for this Headphone ? I think it was planned, maybe I´m wrong...
In the meantime does it exist an affordable offer, rather than DiY to get balanced ? (my first post on this thread), I already enjoy as SE
my Sonorous VI, I´m also planning to try some pads (Shure...) :o2smile:

They were available, though expensive, but seems to be disappeared from the official site including Japanese page.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #1,765 of 2,057
Despite what I said a few pages back I decided to keep them. They just sound too good. Mine is the Sonorous model but I use the better sounding if less comfortable original Pandora pads. What is the final verdict on the best pad for these? I tried the Shure pads but felt they sucked out all the goodness. I'm in the UK so I'm probably limited on choice. Thanks.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #1,767 of 2,057
Sep 2, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,769 of 2,057
Brainwavz angled pads are great.

Thanks for the heads up. I got a pair today and they're not only comfortable but they seem to also make the fit more secure. As far as I can tell there are no negative effects on the SQ but I can't be bothered doing an A/B. The HPs still sound great and fit better than ever and that's what counts. Cheers.

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #1,770 of 2,057
I have tried the Final Type A pads, the Brainwavez round pads (too sloppy a fit) and now the ZMF ORI pads (from Massdrop). Holy cow! ZMF all the way! They tamed the bitey treble a tad, smoothed out the midrange (not bad to begin with) and kept the punch and bass extension. They don't have the head-rattling bass of the Type A pads because they are much thicker, and don't directly transmit vibrations to your ear/head, but the extension, punch, purity, and resolution are all improved! A great addition to an already very competent headphone! I also used the Pilot (headband pad) in lambskin, and the comfort level is outstanding! It actually feels as if these heavyweights went down a weight class. I don't get sore ears, or a hot spot on my head anymore.

Highly, enthusiastically, recommended! Bravo ZMF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back