Revamp Acoustics
Jul 20, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #376 of 765
Sorry I don't understand what you want.
Do you mean you want when you press previous track, it's go to last track in previous album?
Not first track in previous album that P1 do now?

I'm sorry if that system make you highly frustrated.
Yes to your first sentence. Also the green light never comes on and it does not play hi res files. It sounds like a swarm of digital bees when trying to play a hi res file.

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #377 of 765
Sorry I don't understand what you want.
Do you mean you want when you press previous track, it's go to last track in previous album?
Not first track in previous album that P1 do now?

I'm sorry if that system make you highly frustrated.
Let me clarify when i start a new album and im on track 1 and i want to go back to the very last track on the album before it doesn't do that. I goes back to the 1st track on the album before.

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #378 of 765
Sounds like the prev track button is redundant to the prev album button but only during the first track; as if prev track only applies to the current folder. Still waiting to give mine a go but this doesn't sound like a big problem.

Is your P1 unable to successfully play any hi-res files (48/88/96 etc.) or just certain bit-rates?

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #379 of 765
Sounds like the prev track button is redundant to the prev album button but only during the first track; as if prev track only applies to the current folder. Still waiting to give mine a go but this doesn't sound like a big problem.

Is your P1 unable to successfully play any hi-res files (48/88/96 etc.) or just certain bit-rates?

Actually that was tested to play 192khz 24bit wav files.
For FLAC, high sample rate in 24bit will not very good to play in P1. 16bit FLAC is okay.
But for my personal listening, the most collections I have is WAV 16bit 44.1Khz.

Yes to your first sentence. Also the green light never comes on and it does not play hi res files. It sounds like a swarm of digital bees when trying to play a hi res file.

Can you please upload sample track for me test and check what's wrong in the firmware.

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #380 of 765
Hey TJ, it might help if you could list the types of files that should be compatible based on your tests.

I know the P1 (unlike the wav only Teri) supports mp3 and flac but we need to know if anything 24-bit and/or hi-res has to be in wav format. I could easily convert and copy files in one step using Foobar so, again (for me at least), not a problem.

I expected some file customization might be required (like removing ID3 tags) due to the nature of the P1 but some of theses details would've been nice to know beforehand.

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #381 of 765
Hi @gr8soundz here is the filetype that P1 can play and what I was test also recommended setting:
WAV (If converted from another file type like FLAC, please remove all ID3 Tag including embedded Albumart)
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 16Bit
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 24Bit
AIFF (It's experimental, because I was have request to add that format. But I'm not yet to test that very much)
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 16Bit
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 24Bit
FLAC (the thing must be checked is compression level, level 0 is greatest option, level 5 is okay but for level 8 P1 is nout enough resource to uncompress)
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 16Bit
-44.1KHz ~ 96KHz 24Bit
MP3 (actually there is no problem I found for MP3)
Up to 320Kbps
AAC (This is mean AAC file type, not M4A. P1 only can play AAC file type for now)
Up to 256Kbps
APE (This is also experimental support)
Up to 96K 16bit

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #382 of 765
Good to know the P1 supports so many formats even if some of them have special requirements.

I anticipated album art being an issue like other screen-less daps. Don't think any of my flac rips have embedded art but I might convert all my favorites to wav as I did with older music players (and leave other non hi-res files in their current format). Wavs take up a bit more space but should help with battery life.

I held off ordering new memory cards until the P1 was in my hands. Guess I have some time to re-organize my files until the battery arrives.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #383 of 765
Good to know the P1 supports so many formats even if some of them have special requirements.

I anticipated album art being an issue like other screen-less daps. Don't think any of my flac rips have embedded art but I might convert all my favorites to wav as I did with older music players (and leave other files their current format). Wavs take up a bit more space but should help with battery life.

Yes You are right, WAV are more good for battery life, because it's uncompressed, it's PCM. so there is no need power to decode to PCM like other format. so the Processor is not very high load for processing WAV files.
I'm sorry that lot of function is missing or some error not yet handled. I know it's very not professional, but that what I was doing by myself, try to make a listenable DAP from scratch.

Jul 20, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #384 of 765
I like the action of the back (previous) button OK the way it is, but would not object if you wanted to change it to what Dark Helmet prefers.

My only wish would be for the random mode to be more "random" Lots of my files never play and some repeat. Maybe a good way to optimize random play would be to just remove files that have once been played from the random playlist until the random play is de-selected.

Many thanks to TJ for single-handedly developing the P1 and A1 The sound is TOTL!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #385 of 765
I'm sorry that lot of function is missing or some error not yet handled. I know it's very not professional, but that what I was doing by myself, try to make a listenable DAP from scratch.

No worries @tjstyle . No player is perfect and I realize the P1 is a DIY effort (which is why I'm being patient about the battery).

I think build quality is very good and the protective case was a nice touch. Imo, your efforts and communication have been more professional than some others (including a few big name brands I've dealt with). I also appreciate you re-shipping the P1s (at extra cost to you) to accommodate customs.

At least now I finally have a screen-less, multibit dap that can play multiple formats (compared to the several thousand dollar, wav only alternative that I can't afford). Not to mention mine is now 1 of only 5 in the U.S. Just like a great, limited edition sports car there will always be some acceptable quirks.

EDIT: You also never over promised anything about the P1's abilities. There aren't any missing features; functionality will just take some getting used to (as I anticipated). Just be sure to let me know if you ever get that artist skip feature working.....

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #386 of 765
Hi @gr8soundz here is the filetype that P1 can play and what I was test also recommended setting:
WAV (If converted from another file type like FLAC, please remove all ID3 Tag including embedded Albumart)
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 16Bit
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 24Bit
AIFF (It's experimental, because I was have request to add that format. But I'm not yet to test that very much)
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 16Bit
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 24Bit
FLAC (the thing must be checked is compression level, level 0 is greatest option, level 5 is okay but for level 8 P1 is nout enough resource to uncompress)
-44.1KHz ~ 192KHz 16Bit
-44.1KHz ~ 96KHz 24Bit
MP3 (actually there is no problem I found for MP3)
Up to 320Kbps
AAC (This is mean AAC file type, not M4A. P1 only can play AAC file type for now)
Up to 256Kbps
APE (This is also experimental support)
Up to 96K 16bit
AIFF does not work I get a lot of static and interference with the track. Also The charging LED's do not work as I charged it for about 6.5 hours and came back and the red led was still on. on occasion when I plug it in the red and green are on togethe , but then the Green LED goes off and Red LED is remaining on so do not know if it is charging. I can live with just WAV, and how th controls work now , but the Hi res files that I do have (though very little) I would like to work. These hi res files work fine on my Zishan Z1. I will try to upload the file in question I am trying to play.

Jul 20, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #387 of 765
No worries @tjstyle . No player is perfect and I realize the P1 is a DIY effort (which is why I'm being patient about the battery).

I think build quality is very good and the protective case was a nice touch. Imo, your efforts and communication have been more professional than some others (including a few big name brands I've dealt with). I also appreciate you re-shipping the P1s (at extra cost to you) to accommodate customs.

At least now I finally have a screen-less, multibit dap that can play multiple formats (compared to the several thousand dollar, wav only alternative that I can't afford). Not to mention mine is now 1 of only 5 in the U.S. Just like a great, limited edition sports car there will always be some acceptable quirks.

EDIT: You also never over promised anything about the P1's abilities. There aren't any missing features; functionality will just take some getting used to (as I anticipated). Just be sure to let me know if you ever get that artist skip feature working.....
I'm ok with everything as it sounds now, it sounds great. I just need to know that my battery is working or that that the charging system is working. If hi res is still not implemented propperly and could be done so down the line I'm ok with that too. I just want to make sure my player is not damaged and i wan't it to be able to charge the way it was intended to charge. Otherwise I agree with gr8soundz, you have been accountable and as a consumer and business owner I appreciate that. We want you to succeed!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #388 of 765
AIFF does not work I get a lot of static and interference with the track. Also The charging LED's do not work as I charged it for about 6.5 hours and came back and the red led was still on. on occasion when I plug it in the red and green are on togethe , but then the Green LED goes off and Red LED is remaining on so do not know if it is charging. I can live with just WAV, and how th controls work now , but the Hi res files that I do have (though very little) I would like to work. These hi res files work fine on my Zishan Z1. I will try to upload the file in question I am trying to play.

Assuming nothing is damaged, the light pattern sounds ok per the P1 online manual. Recommend charging it overnight to see if red goes out and green comes on indicating full charge. 6.5 hours may not be enough and we don't know everything about that third-party battery.

Jul 20, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #389 of 765
Assuming nothing is damaged, the light pattern sounds ok per the P1 online manual. Recommend charging it overnight to see if red goes out and green comes on indicating full charge. 6.5 hours may not be enough and we don't know everything about that third-party battery.

Agreed. I left my A1 and P1 charging all night for good measure and they both function as stated in the manual. I want to state further that @tjstyle is a total professional and is receptive to any questions and resolutions that may arise. These devices sound like TOTL devices to my ears (further impressions to come). I look forward to his future creations. Great work.

Jul 20, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #390 of 765

Thank you @gr8soundz
And yes, there is more home work on the firmware side. need to bug fixing and add more function in the future.

I'm ok with everything as it sounds now, it sounds great. I just need to know that my battery is working or that that the charging system is working. If hi res is still not implemented propperly and could be done so down the line I'm ok with that too. I just want to make sure my player is not damaged and i wan't it to be able to charge the way it was intended to charge. Otherwise I agree with gr8soundz, you have been accountable and as a consumer and business owner I appreciate that. We want you to succeed!

Thank you for your understanding @Dark Helmet.
Actually @rcoleman1 confirmed P1 is working fine, I even more worried for his P1 because it's charging over the night with swapped wires.
But luckily, the reverse battery protection in the Charging IC is does all the job.
Recharging with correct connection until Green LED light up, I'm happy when he confirmed the P1 is working fine.

For the Hi Res file type. I'm sure Nuansa P1 will able to play that. Even that done in Teri Player.
But in Nuansa P1 I was revamped the firmware with adding more audio format. maybe that new function breaking some function and that is my home work for fixinf the problem.
And for AIFF, if you can I also need the sample for testing in my P1.

Agreed. I left my A1 and P1 charging all night for good measure and they both function as stated in the manual. I want to state further that @tjstyle is a total professional and is receptive to any questions and resolutions that may arise. These devices sound like TOTL devices to my ears (further impressions to come). I look forward to his future creations. Great work.

I agree with this, I don't know exactly the third-party battery characteristic. So please to charge more long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back