Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jun 14, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #1,621 of 1,830
Hi all,
I have a Mojo hooked up to a new XDP-100r, Wi-fi and Bluetooth off, I have disabled most of the extra programs and using UAPP playing a mix of 16/44 Flac files and DSD files. I get maybe 1.5hrs and the player drops to 30% battery remaining, and then dies about 30min later. Has anyone else encountered a super-reduced battery life when using an external DAC? (Or more specifically MOJO...)

Isn't it the case that when you connect a DAC via USB OTG, the XDP-100R will supply power to the DAC? The XDP-100R is therefore acting as a charger for the DAC. Or does the Mojo have a separate power supply?

I also believe that when using USB OTG, the host itself can't charge. Is that right? If so, isn't all this a fundamental design flaw in USB OTG?

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #1,622 of 1,830
Hi all,
I have a Mojo hooked up to a new XDP-100r, Wi-fi and Bluetooth off, I have disabled most of the extra programs and using UAPP playing a mix of 16/44 Flac files and DSD files. I get maybe 1.5hrs and the player drops to 30% battery remaining, and then dies about 30min later. Has anyone else encountered a super-reduced battery life when using an external DAC? (Or more specifically MOJO...)
I would also like to know about this problem as well as playing TIDAL off line. I was hoping to get this player for use as a transport for the HUGO2 but seems there are numerous issues with battery life, file transfer from MAC, and TIDAL off line. Great if anyone can chime in. Any updates from Pioneer???

Jun 18, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #1,625 of 1,830
Isn't it the case that when you connect a DAC via USB OTG, the XDP-100R will supply power to the DAC? The XDP-100R is therefore acting as a charger for the DAC. Or does the Mojo have a separate power supply?

that's not the case because Mojo have separate power supply

Hi all,

it works fine for me. had it run off line for almost 3 hours last time and the battery decreased to 35% from 100. It drains more with mojo but not that bad. I'll try again later and see how long can they last. Did you play DSD through direct output?

I would also like to know about this problem as well as playing TIDAL off line. I was hoping to get this player for use as a transport for the HUGO2 but seems there are numerous issues with battery life, file transfer from MAC, and TIDAL off line. Great if anyone can chime in. Any updates from Pioneer???

I used tidal offline the battery holds almost the same with playing flac file through memory card through mojo

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #1,628 of 1,830
Hi!

I am considering the Pioneer, but had a few questions about it that I am having a lot of difficulty finding a definitive answer for in my research.

What is the battery life on this? Especially if I hook it up to an Amp (like the Alo Audio Rx)?

What do you guys think of the value at 300$?

I gave it a try at canjam and really liked it, and when I saw it went down to 300$ it caught my attention.

My current setup is the FiiO X3ii rigged to the Alo Audio Rx. Can anyone tell me how the Pioneer compares to the FiiO X3ii?? This is a comparison that has been really difficult to find.

Jun 19, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #1,629 of 1,830
that's not the case because Mojo have separate power supply

it works fine for me. had it run off line for almost 3 hours last time and the battery decreased to 35% from 100. It drains more with mojo but not that bad. I'll try again later and see how long can they last. Did you play DSD through direct output?

I used tidal offline the battery holds almost the same with playing flac file through memory card through mojo

Does Tidal offline still have issues like songs dropping etc?

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #1,631 of 1,830
Headphone jacks dont get loose with the pioneer. That was the onkyo tbat had issues with the headphone jacks.

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #1,633 of 1,830
What is the average life people get from the battery atm anyway?

I'm getting 7+ hours on mine playing music. Difficult to gauge exactly as I generally don't listen for that length of time without charging up again anyway. But going on how much battery is consumed after around 2-3 hours, I would say at at least 7 hours and possibly up to 10.

Power is used at a considerably faster rate when doing anything else with the device, e.g. having screen on all the time, using apps that use wifi, synching files over wifi etc.

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #1,634 of 1,830
An I heard that both DAPs Onkyo and Pioneer are plagued with loose headphone jacks on both the 3.5mm SE and 2.5mm balanced resulting in distortions and/or total failure.

I've not heard that, and I've not had any problems with mine. I've had it just over a year.

Note that Amazon currently have a warning on the product page: "Please make sure that headphone plug surround isn't in contact with the bumper and causing excessive pressure on the socket. If the plug surround is in contact with the bumper, please remove the bumper."

We know that the Onkyo DAP had problems with loose jacks, but it doesn't have a bumper, and I'm sure it was confirmed to be a manfacturing fault. Troubles with the Pioneer DAP could be due to the above problem, not a manufacturing fault as such, but a problem with using a plug that catches on the bumper.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #1,635 of 1,830
I Have not heard of anyone with a 100r with an issue or even the 300r. I have had my 100r over a year and many friends that purchased them after hearing mine, and no one has issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back