ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #14,417 of 16,326
What is the name of the new Onkyo player which will be available in the US and roughly when is it due to arrive? I thought it was called the X1A, but that was only a revision for the headphone jack on the original, correct? Sorry for the basic questions, but, this thread is one-thousand pages long...Thank you.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #14,418 of 16,326
What is the name of the new Onkyo player which will be available in the US and roughly when is it due to arrive? I thought it was called the X1A, but that was only a revision for the headphone jack on the original, correct? Sorry for the basic questions, but, this thread is one-thousand pages long...Thank you.

Just go back one page on this thread and dizzyraider has a fact filled post on the X1A after talking to an Onkyo rep.

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #14,419 of 16,326

This is a quote from head-fi user Kirsty Song

DPX-1A main improvements over the DPX-1

(ALREADY MENTIONED, JUST CONFIRMING)
1) 64gb instead of 32gb
2) Capacitors changed
3) Improved jack holes

MAIN SONIC IMPROVEMENT
Reduced noise floor (quite a huge improvement over the DPX1)
Cleaner sound

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #14,420 of 16,326
Just go back one page on this thread and dizzyraider has a fact filled post on the X1A after talking to an Onkyo rep.

I apologize. I did see this. I guess I just got confused by Onkyo's naming convention. I could have sworn that Onkyo released a DP-X1 revision using the letter "A" which solidified the 3.5mm output. Maybe I made this up in my head? LOL

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #14,421 of 16,326

1) 64gb instead of 32gb
2) Capacitors changed
3) Improved jack holes

MAIN SONIC IMPROVEMENT
Cleaner sound

I thank you greatly!

I see this is already on sale on the US Amazon site from a third-party Japanese seller. Is it advisable to buy an international model, or am I better off maybe waiting for the US release? Thanks again!

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #14,422 of 16,326

1) 64gb instead of 32gb
2) Capacitors changed
3) Improved jack holes

MAIN SONIC IMPROVEMENT
Cleaner sound

Also, at least one person posted that they were able to make a Skype call, when connecting an earphone cable with a Mic (3.5mm 4-pole plug).

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #14,424 of 16,326
Thanks... but to my disappointment, the unit is now completely not responding. I came back to it this morning after leaving it to charge.

Blank screen. That's all I get.

Tried pressing and holding down the power button for 20 to 30secs. Nothing.

Tried pressing and holding down (power + forward) button 20-30secs. Nothing.

Can't even get the screen to flicker. Pffftttt...

Hi. Have you found a solution? I have the same problem. Left for charging DP-X1A and today found it dead. I'm trying to contact the seller. My first completely dead Android device = ((( Disappointed by Onkyo

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #14,426 of 16,326
Yes, I managed to revive my DP-X1A.

Just when I was about to ship it back to Japan, I thought I will give it one last attempt. I plug it into a wall plug (a travel adapter with 2.0A USB output) to charge and it came back to life...

It's just weird...

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #14,427 of 16,326
Yes, I managed to revive my DP-X1A.

Just when I was about to ship it back to Japan, I thought I will give it one last attempt. I plug it into a wall plug (a travel adapter with 2.0A USB output) to charge and it came back to life...

It's just weird...

Well, as a new DP-X1 owner this is disheartening to discover. I'm upgrading from a iBasso DX80 that had this same (intermittent) problem. Sheesh.

May 2, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #14,429 of 16,326
1 ) Do the Micro SD cards have to be formatted before they can be used , or could you just load them up with music from micro slot in mac pro book and load into slot on DP- X1.

2) Does anyone use a battery bank to extend play time ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back