New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Jun 22, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #841 of 1,364
Jun 22, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #842 of 1,364
In my Walnut V2, I reduced the output resistance. This really improves bass control even with 150 ohms headphones and increases the volume.
If you just put the jumper instead of the resistors were distortion. With 10 Ohm, everything is fine, but you also need to increase the capacitance of the output capacitors to 470 μF. It is also desirable to use an operational amplifier with a high output current. I use the LM6172 with 50mA and it works well with 32 Ohm headphones.
Then I found a way to remove the resistors and to avoid distortion I applied snubber (serial connection opamp output - resistor - capacitor - GND). I selected the components of the snubber by ear and the best result was obtained with 5 Ohm resistors and 0.22 μF film capacitors. The 32 Ohm headphones began to sound even better compared to the 10 ohm output.
I have a noob question, which ones are the output resistor on Walnut V2? R7 and R8?

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #844 of 1,364
I have another noob question, which ones are the output resistors for the Z1?
They should be the ones he has replaced here, I believe they should read 01A for 100 ohms, but the writing is damn small for my eyes. But I make no guarantees :L3000:
14356732.jpg

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #846 of 1,364
Can't really recommend dual opa627 in z1, unless one is looking for a warm, bit boring, bit undynamic sound that does'nt attract attention. I don't see it has anything special going on anywhere. To my ears it is darkish with a nice bass, but not much energy. In my z1 with elna/nichicon it gets too dark and fat down below for me, as the caps also gives a bit of weight to the bass - too much of a good thing. In the stock one I also think it is not something special and it cannot compete in any way with the other one with elna/nichicon/2604 - that has much better energy, clearer (though 2604 is apparently not near the clearest), better positioning etc., wins in both bass, mids and treble.

I don't think it is given optimal conditions in the z1.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #847 of 1,364
I just auditioned the Muses 02 and though I like it a lot it doesn't sound as dynamic to my ears as the LME4972HA . It's thinner more detailed, but lacks the thickness of the LME. I will probably do some more listening with it. Also the LME49720HA comes across as a bit louder and though warmer, quieter as well. I f I had another Z1 the muses would definitely be my second choice amongst my opamps.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #848 of 1,364
Can't really recommend dual opa627 in z1, unless one is looking for a warm, bit boring, bit undynamic sound that does'nt attract attention. I don't see it has anything special going on anywhere. To my ears it is darkish with a nice bass, but not much energy. In my z1 with elna/nichicon it gets too dark and fat down below for me, as the caps also gives a bit of weight to the bass - too much of a good thing. In the stock one I also think it is not something special and it cannot compete in any way with the other one with elna/nichicon/2604 - that has much better energy, clearer (though 2604 is apparently not near the clearest), better positioning etc., wins in both bass, mids and treble.

I don't think it is given optimal conditions in the z1.

I was asking about it being used in units where the series resistance was reduced, and the output capacitors were increased, to provide more output current capacity for low impedance loads.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #850 of 1,364
Sorry, where were you asking about that?

Oops, got my OPA opamps mixed up... :blush:
I was actually asking about the OP275GPZ.

The OPA opamps that I've got so far, are a couple of the 2000 series.

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #853 of 1,364
Sorry, I'm newbie
Recently, i bought Zishan Z1, is it capable to drive Grado SR60e? anyone try?
I have LME49720NA, LME49720HA, OPA2134 and AD8656, wich one better for replacing stock opamp on Zishan Z1?
Hi Mardy, I haven't tried but it should easily drive the Grados, its very strong. Maybe just try all your opamps, and tell us what you think? :gs1000smile: Would be great to hear what you think of them.

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #854 of 1,364
I haven't listened extensively to all of the opamps that I've received, but the LME49720HA is my current favorite.

And, as an unrelated observation - After experimenting with the new HiBy Link Android app (iPhone app coming soon...), and firmware updates for my Shanling M1, M2s, and Cayin N3 - I'm thinking it would be really cool if the Z1 had a Bluetooth interface (and compatible firmware) available, so that it could be controlled by the nice touchscreen on my Nexus 5 phone / Nexus 7 tablet. :ksc75smile:

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #855 of 1,364
A bit of experimenting; begone output resistors and double output capacitance

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg
1. what is the purpose of these mod?
2. what model caps did you add on this side? is it just in parallel with the output caps on the otherside? and what are the 4 cap values on the other side, stock values with Silmic II?
3. listening impression please!

cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back