SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Jul 15, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #1,666 of 2,453
Has anyone used these with the andromeda? I'm thinking of picking up a lightweight dap with good battery. I'll use a 200gb or 256gb micro sd depending on what current prices are. I'll also use them with some BT earphones I use at the gym.

Jul 22, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #1,670 of 2,453
I've been using my a35 daily for quite a while now. Fantastic player, small size, decent battery life, gapless works fine, so and so forth. So why sony (and this is familiar) opted to leave out audiobook/podcast support god knows. Anyone else got anything they would want sony to improve on for the a40 release that's incoming?

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,671 of 2,453
does this DAP work with a 3.5mm TRRS cable?

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #1,673 of 2,453
I've been using my a35 daily for quite a while now. Fantastic player, small size, decent battery life, gapless works fine, so and so forth. So why sony (and this is familiar) opted to leave out audiobook/podcast support god knows. Anyone else got anything they would want sony to improve on for the a40 release that's incoming?
decent battery life ? I dont know any player that plays longer

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #1,676 of 2,453
Jul 23, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #1,677 of 2,453
I get like ~20ish hours with Fiio M3, which is pretty impressive for the price IMO, way better than the old Clip at least. Think a few of those budget rebadged players (Ruizu/Benji/AGP etc...) get pretty good life too.

Cowon Plenue D. 100h playback

Have you ever actually clocked close to that? I only ever got like 40 hours at most w/ mine vs A17 which actually got pretty close to the claimed 50 hours... of course Plenue D has a lot more output power, but my experience was using same IEMs... Maybe if it's only playing MP3 without skipping tracks and the screen is left off and no EQ/DSP?

Jul 23, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #1,679 of 2,453
I get like ~20ish hours with Fiio M3, which is pretty impressive for the price IMO, way better than the old Clip at least. Think a few of those budget rebadged players (Ruizu/Benji/AGP etc...) get pretty good life too.

Have you ever actually clocked close to that? I only ever got like 40 hours at most w/ mine vs A17 which actually got pretty close to the claimed 50 hours... of course Plenue D has a lot more output power, but my experience was using same IEMs... Maybe if it's only playing MP3 without skipping tracks and the screen is left off and no EQ/DSP?

Yes, playing MP3 without turning on the screen and without EQ. Listening with 25% of the volume with my CIEM JH5 PRO.

Jul 23, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #1,680 of 2,453
any measurement available for that DAP? I'm curious about what really changed in the amp section(and consequences) as they seem to go for it on all new models.

you're the one who decided me not to try the A35. my sony DAPs are mainly used for audiobooks/podcast, so your feedback on the matter was a deal killer for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back