New Member Introductions thread
Apr 22, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #5,492 of 15,538
  Hi, I am new to this hobby, but already loving it!  I have a HD6XX, now looking to make the next jump!

Hello, and welcome. Which source/player are you using? HD6XX is very good, add with a good source, and together they make a high quality combination.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #5,493 of 15,538
Hello everyone,
My name is Sebastian. My passion always was a music. Currently I'm putting together my first headphone setup. After spending hours on Head-Fi I bought HD650 and Fostex HP-A3 and I'm currently awaiting my custom made Tube amp - this is addictive ! I'm glad to become part of this family.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #5,494 of 15,538

Hello, and welcome. Which source/player are you using? HD6XX is very good, add with a good source, and together they make a high quality combination.

Hello as well, and thank you for the welcome!  I am using Woo Audio WA7 (with the regular power supply).  I am mostly using Deezer Premium (320kbps I believe) to stream my music.  I tried Tidal for a month, but couldn't tell much of a difference in quality.  That said, I did try a couple sites where they did blind tests of lossless vs MP3 different bit rates, and about 80% of the time I could pick out the lossless (I felt it had more 'omph' to it).  However it did take a bunch of back and forth to pick it out.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #5,495 of 15,538
Nice. The 6XX sound like a bargain. I'm saving up for a WA7 to pair with the HD650's streaming from a ssd Mac mini music server. Then I read Dr Music's review of the new WOO WA8 and I have to save up double the amount for that sonic beauty. I haven't tried Deezer premium for streaming, may check it out.
Cheers,
South Beach HiFi

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #5,497 of 15,538
Hey everyone. I'm Corey. My first pair of decent headphones were Senny HD580s. They were the most expensive thing I owned when I was 17, and I was never able to purchase a proper amp. Now that I'm in my older and have more disposable income, I've recently expanded my kit with HD650s, Fostex TH-X00 Purplehearts, and Shure SE425s. 

Powering the 650s with a LD MKII, and everything else with a FiiO E12 Mont Blanc. Can't wait to keep going down the rabbit hole with this stuff!

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #5,498 of 15,538
Hey guys, Mochi here. Started browsing for better IEMs after realizing that I might as well spend the money I'm slaving away for on something I truly love, which is music. 

Anyways, now I own the Ibasso IT03, and recently convinced myself to upgrade further and get a dac/amp for the desktop. I got myself a Topping Nx4 after noticing a thread on the forums. 

Well, turns out there's something wrong with the Nx4 and I wanted other people to know about it, but noticed I couldn't post and followed some links and wound up here.

Anyways, the problem with it is that despite being the "default" playback device, it'll lose the sound and another source will start playing from there. I even disabled all the other devices, and all that results is the dropping of the sound. 

So, going to return the Nx4 and keep searching for a good dac/amp.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #5,499 of 15,538
  Hey guys, Mochi here. Started browsing for better IEMs after realizing that I might as well spend the money I'm slaving away for on something I truly love, which is music. 

Anyways, now I own the Ibasso IT03, and recently convinced myself to upgrade further and get a dac/amp for the desktop. I got myself a Topping Nx4 after noticing a thread on the forums. 

Well, turns out there's something wrong with the Nx4 and I wanted other people to know about it, but noticed I couldn't post and followed some links and wound up here.

Anyways, the problem with it is that despite being the "default" playback device, it'll lose the sound and another source will start playing from there. I even disabled all the other devices, and all that results is the dropping of the sound. 

So, going to return the Nx4 and keep searching for a good dac/amp.

Welcome, Mochi! How do you like your IT03, btw? Haven't heard one yet. I'm interested. As far as your NX4 goes, how many different sources do you have? Have you tried plugging in just one of your sources to see what happens? Maybe that would work for you.

Apr 25, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #5,500 of 15,538
Nice. The 6XX sound like a bargain. I'm saving up for a WA7 to pair with the HD650's streaming from a ssd Mac mini music server. Then I read Dr Music's review of the new WOO WA8 and I have to save up double the amount for that sonic beauty. I haven't tried Deezer premium for streaming, may check it out.
Cheers,
South Beach HiFi

Yeah, I was glad to be able to grab the 6xx second hand.  I do like the sound with the WA7, but the WA8 looks slicks as well!  Let me know how it sounds when you get it!

Apr 26, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #5,501 of 15,538
Hey everybody!

It's a pleasure to join to this community. I was reading the sit's topic about a year, but now come the time, to ask your help to make a dicision. I know you could give some useful advise.

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #5,503 of 15,538
Hi everyone! Just joined the forum a day ago right before the maintenance so I could not post anything in that time.

I'm from California but currently staying in Florida for school (it's very very hot here... very hot)

I mostly listen to music with my Fostex headphones, just another resident basshead :I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back