Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 17, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #1,186 of 10,021
Great game Eric for your "who is who ?". Team Kennerton is more young that i thought.

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #1,187 of 10,021
I noticed this review video in YouTube a while ago, but never found this headphone anywhere. The review is in Russian, though, so I don't understand a thing about it.

About the new wood, I have no idea what wood it is just by the look. It looks a good visual match for their praetor stand in natural wood finish, though.
Good that they started showing up on websites.

The only thing I really think Kennerton has to fix is the plastic hinge part. I had mine broken (cracked) and deteriorated (rubberized surface became sticky -- I live in hot & humid country so it might be quite a bit worse than many of you).

The AKG K550's rubberized plastic surface had the same problem. I could even stick something to its surface temporarily without any glue. The Fischer Audio Con Amore surface started having the same problem as well. At some point, I have to "rub off" the surface.

Aluminum should be best, I guess. (Woods would be lovely, though :p )

Thanks Ithilienrp for for these precisions and video.

EDIT: I watched the youtube video using the translator for subtitles.
The pro version of the Magister is improved by replacing a piece of plastic from the headband with a new piece of metal; The wooden cups are very different externally (shallower and flatter), but also internally, with the use of a conical diffuser probably made of wood (a bit like the internal conic wood diffusor inside the Vali).

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #1,188 of 10,021
Great game Eric for your "who is who ?". Team Kennerton is more young that i thought.

Indeed, my dear Jerome, the guys at Kennerton are young and brilliant!
Who says young, says also good ear!
Kennerton's gold ear, Drakkard (aka Nikita), is only 29 years old.

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #1,192 of 10,021

Маленький хэнд-мейд =))) Завтра будет интересно :wink: #hifi  #hiend  #Kennerton  #Sleipnir  #amplifier  #audio  #music  #wood  #wooden  #oak  #handmade #unstoppable_power_of_Kennerton   -D
(source: Max's blog, about the photo and comments above)

Perhaps a relationship with Sleipnir, the horse of the god Odin.
A very powerful Nordic god.
No other horse is faster than he (he has 8 legs); It can ride in the air and over the seas.
A great mystery that hide from us Max!

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #1,193 of 10,021

Thanks Ithilienrp for for these precisions and video.

EDIT: I watched the youtube video using the translator for subtitles.
The pro version of the Magister is improved by replacing a piece of plastic from the headband with a new piece of metal; The wooden cups are very different externally (shallower and flatter), but also internally, with the use of a conical diffuser probably made of wood (a bit like the internal conic wood diffusor inside the Vali).

Yeah. I watched it with translated subtitles and noticed that as well. It remains to be seen, though, how much of the plastics are replaced. Crack is one thing, deteriorate is another. My Magister's plastic surface deteriorated everywhere (including, and most annoying, around the cup itself). So, it's nice they replaced the inner part of the hinge (where it's likely to crack the most), but I hope they move on from plastic to some kind of metals altogether.

At least the cracks problem should be solved though. So it's definitely a step forward.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,197 of 10,021

Welcome to Sleipnir, a nice SS headphone amp made by Kennerton.

Good ; an (a priori) affordable solid state amplifier, design by Kennerton, with a nice wood case.
What specifications; what price?
For which headphones?
and for what use? (Semi-nomadic, if moving to another place ?) 

PS: a little advice to give to the Kennerton team; Kennerton might burn on the wood of the amp a stylistic representation of Sleipnir, the  8-legged horse of the god Odin in the Norse mythology.

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #1,200 of 10,021
Looks good. Wonder how it sounds. Might get one nonetheless. 

By the way, I want to report a bit on Odin Mk2 Pad-Rolling. I tried Lawton Angled Pads on it. Increased sub-bass a noticeably bit, while not loosing too much of the tonality (as did the ZMF-Ori cowhide pads) and the mid still sounds pretty good. It is also very very comfortable. More so than any pads I tried on, including the Odin Mk2 pads itself. It feels like the JPS Abyss pads (which, despite the look, a very comfortable headphone).

Ironically, Lawton pads on Odin is, IMHO, better than Lawton pads on Fostex TH-series, which they were designed for.

So, as a result, I'm keeping the Lawton pads on one of my Mk2 pair, and Odin Mk2 pads on another pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back