*** MonoPrice DJ Headphones 8323 Review ***
Oct 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #31 of 73
Quote:
Thanks Zoomer! By crossfeed though is that like kind of for surround sound or what other purpose could there be to divert more sound into one ear?

It's just some of each channel crossing over to the other, wouldn't consider it 'surround', just makes it feel more 'Live' I suppose. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #32 of 73
I am expecting a set of these headphones from Amazon today but what really interested me was the photo with the 'phones over a headphone amp. I looked it up and found a well done YouTube video consisting of a review of the Apex Butte and disassembly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kfKagvBfkzA#! I found it interesting.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #33 of 73
noob question.. but
how does this stack up to the AD700 or M50s?
i know the AD700 and M50s are pretty much 5times the price of these monoprice but just kinda want to know it falls on the quality range

(they pretty much beat the 201 Pros right?)

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #34 of 73
Quote:
noob question.. but
how does this stack up to the AD700 or M50s?
i know the AD700 and M50s are pretty much 5times the price of these monoprice but just kinda want to know it falls on the quality range

(they pretty much beat the 201 Pros right?)

Not sure about the M50's but they are completely different beasts from the AD700.

AD700 has virtually no bass. It has a huge soundstage and is bright sounding. It's also open backed so it does not isolate at all.
Monoprice is closed, has a bass emphasis and a small soundstage. It's darker and slower sounding.

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #35 of 73
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if they are good for classical? By my research these seem to be good for the other genres I listen to, but there isn't much info about how they sound with classical.

i know this is a very late response,, but i just got mine yesterday,, i have the mp3 recording  of Beethoven's 9th Symphony by Claudio Abbado ,,,  i can let u know if you are still interested..

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #36 of 73
Quote:
Not sure about the M50's but they are completely different beasts from the AD700.

AD700 has virtually no bass. It has a huge soundstage and is bright sounding. It's also open backed so it does not isolate at all.
Monoprice is closed, has a bass emphasis and a small soundstage. It's darker and slower sounding.

how did you find the sound signature, ive been reading different reviews saying that their mid-centric with some emphasis on the bass and a rapidly rolled off treble. 

to my ears i feel that it has a more u - shaped sound signature. ( emphasis on bass and with some emphasis on mids and a the trebles are recessed) sometimes i feel the bass overwhelm the mids just a bit

but i agree with you they don't work as well with faster music, it sometimes feel congested and slow but for $30 their fantastic!

Feb 18, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #37 of 73
Just received my pair this morning and only had a brief listen, but out of the box they sounded a little harsh and sibilant. Did anyone else find this? If so, did burn in make a significant difference?

I will have a longer listen this evening to make a more informed judgement. I am probably expecting too much considering that I have gotten used to the sound of headphones that cost ten times as much!
blink.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #38 of 73
Quote:
Just received my pair this morning and only had a brief listen, but out of the box they sounded a little harsh and sibilant. Did anyone else find this? If so, did burn in make a significant difference?

I will have a longer listen this evening to make a more informed judgement. I am probably expecting too much considering that I have gotten used to the sound of headphones that cost ten times as much!
blink.gif

So i've given it some time and they do still sound a little harsh to me but i can hear the potential in them. Surprisingly good clarity but response a little too neutral for my liking. I wish the bass was a little bit punchier. Hopefully a burn-in period will open up the low end.

Aesthetically, they are pretty ugly IMO. The headband is way too square....like we have heads shaped like Herman Munster. :) Also the comfort when worn around the neck leaves a lot to be desired.

Has anyone noticed the headband twists a bit? I am wondering if the screws that hold the three segments together need tightening.

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #39 of 73
@supertoaster:
The m50's were significantly better to my ears and win hands down. The 8323's did have pretty nice, tight bass but the vocals were just too stuffy and colored for me whereas the m50's were much more enjoyable and realistic sounding. I tried modding the 8320's but could never seem to get a neutral sound or enough treble for my taste. Treble was much better on m50's to me. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #40 of 73
Quote:
i know this is a very late response,, but i just got mine yesterday,, i have the mp3 recording  of Beethoven's 9th Symphony by Claudio Abbado ,,,  i can let u know if you are still interested..

Hope it is not too late ... How do you think these cans going with the classical? I am thinking getting these as "beater" cans for classical / opera music on the go. 
size]

Thanks in advance!

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #41 of 73
Jul 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #42 of 73
Monoprice has some new full-sized headphones, #10243 and #10244. It says "compare at $135" Anyone going to try them? I wonder if they are some other phones re-branded.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=10243&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=10244&seq=1&format=2

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #43 of 73
looking to get some of these soon for tinkering. thanks for the review!

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #44 of 73
Got a pair on these last week on recommendation from friend.  Wanted to use them in my recording studio as a back-up set for my Sennheiser HD 280 Pros.  Although I was impressed with the sound of the Monoprice 8323's, they did not work well for tracking headphones due to sound bleed from the cans (unfortunately they dont isolate near as well as my HD 280's and I dont have the time/patience to mod them).  However, for music playback they are the best sounding cans under $50 that I have ever heard   The sub-$25 price ALONE makes these a must-have in your collection (Hell, I dropped more $$ than that on lunch today)!!

Just MY 2-cents thrown in...spend it how you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back