Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #2,716 of 7,681
Jul 17, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #2,717 of 7,681
There is only one thing that's keeping me away from doing this, and that is the shipping. I don't understand what they'll be shipped with and since I live in Romania, I need an AWB and to know what they'll be coming with, normal postage is not great.... Not great at all...

I can imagine how that would be. However thankfully Brainwavz has an India operations and they are rather prompt.

Jul 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #2,719 of 7,681
Jul 17, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #2,720 of 7,681
There is only one thing that's keeping me away from doing this, and that is the shipping. I don't understand what they'll be shipped with and since I live in Romania, I need an AWB and to know what they'll be coming with, normal postage is not great.... Not great at all...

I've bought a lot from them and their free shipping is with Singapore Post and takes about two weeks to Norway, I'd assume it'll be something similar to Romania. Shipping from them really shouldn't be anything to worry about, they're a very reputable company and they supply a tracking number for your shipment.

Jul 17, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #2,721 of 7,681
I've bought a lot from them and their free shipping is with Singapore Post and takes about two weeks to Norway, I'd assume it'll be something similar to Romania. Shipping from them really shouldn't be anything to worry about, they're a very reputable company and they supply a tracking number for your shipment.

Oh, that is good to know!

I'm not afraid of the package being lost in transit, I'm afraid of the Romanian postage loosing it or not informing me of when it arrives then sending it back...

Jul 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #2,722 of 7,681
ah.... I thought you were from Indiana!

No worse .. But the pads are a good addition and immaterial of the color it am liking it.

Where it says location in your post header if you click on the IND....where does it take you? Takes me to Google Maps - Indiana! Stupid Google...lol. I am from MIchigan right above that... Ann Arbor, Detroit area.

Jul 17, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #2,723 of 7,681
Where it says location in your post header if you click on the IND....where does it take you? Takes me to Google Maps - Indiana! Stupid Google...lol. I am from MIchigan right above that... Ann Arbor, Detroit area.

I see what you mean ... lol

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #2,724 of 7,681
Jul 18, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #2,725 of 7,681
Out of interest and just because I think I haven't kept up with all the changes how many versions of Meze 99 Classic ear pads have there been..........officially? I swapped mine after the first revision and I couldn't detect much difference from the original pads. I find them more comfortable and they fit better now if I am wearing my glasses. Is there yet another version and which comes with the 99 Neo as they look larger?

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #2,726 of 7,681
Hahaa! Well... it sure is interesting choice of color!

I was just trying to be ridiculous and dang i succeeded! Btw i don't take these out at all :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #2,728 of 7,681
Jul 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #2,729 of 7,681
So I made my balanced cables for the Meze 99Cs tonight - not done this before, so it was fun, if a little slow. I got a set of the genuine Meze mono connectors for the headphones, and used them. I used Van Damme studio grade ultra pure OFC fine stranded cabling, dual XLRs for the amps, a couple of hours tedious sleeving and braiding with paracord. Have a suspicion I saved a lot of £££ tonight! theyre quite long leads, to cope with home use as well at a later date, and I've made them with long tails for the XLRs to allow for kit moves.

I'll take these into work, and am really looking forward to trying these out on the Mezes when my second monoblock comes back from repair! terrible timing! Made up some new XLR interconnects with the same grade cable too.

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back