Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Jul 13, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #2,686 of 7,695
Hello there!

Yes, unfortunately, the Meze 99 Classics Maple Silver was discontinued for some time now. You can only find them through a few dealers who still stock them. We also have a few in stock shipping from Romania but we recommend you support your local dealer!
Still very disappointed that you didn't bother manufacturing at least one batch of thicker earpads for the Maple silver version and just stopped there.
Finding third party cream color pads is pretty much impossible...
People here would have gladly paid for pad replacement.

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #2,688 of 7,695
Will the Meze cables work with the Final Audio Sonorous Headphones? They use the same Dual 3.5mm system.

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #2,690 of 7,695
Hi guys , just received my 99 Classics , excellent SQ right of the box ! Have questions : is it normal those crackling sounds when you expand the phone to place on your ears ? Thanks in advance . Regards .

It is normal to hear some slight noises when the band expands, if this is what you mean.

Will the Meze cables work with the Final Audio Sonorous Headphones? They use the same Dual 3.5mm system.

No idea about that, sorry.

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #2,692 of 7,695
The brainwavz HM 5 PU leather pads that i ordered have arrived and they are a good fit for the 99c and i must say without sacrificing the bass or the SQ too much. The bass is slightly lower than the stock large pads.

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #2,693 of 7,695
I come back to you because the answer of Dobrescu don't reassure me that much , sorry ! So i repeat does someone hear sort of crackling sound when expanding the phones to wear it ? Is it normal ? Thanks in advance .

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #2,694 of 7,695
The brainwavz HM 5 PU leather pads that i ordered have arrived and they are a good fit for the 99c and i must say without sacrificing the bass or the SQ too much. The bass is slightly lower than the stock large pads.

Nice!

Thank you for informing us!

If you can give us more impressions, it would be highly appreciated! :darthsmile:

I wonder now if they ship those pads with anything but normal postage. I also wonder if sheepskin is a better choice.

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #2,695 of 7,695
I come back to you because the answer of Dobrescu don't reassure me that much , sorry ! So i repeat does someone hear sort of crackling sound when expanding the phones to wear it ? Is it normal ? Thanks in advance .

I'm not sure how to put it, but it shouldn't feel like crackling, but more like the two materials are getting rubbed together, the material under the band is elastic and there is a lot of friction and such. If you're hearing the noises more while you're wearing them, that is because the noise travels through the bones and head, not because it is loud. Anything else might be an iregularity, but even if you're out of warranty, Meze ships spare parts and you can repair your 99C!

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #2,696 of 7,695
I'm not sure how to put it, but it shouldn't feel like crackling, but more like the two materials are getting rubbed together, the material under the band is elastic and there is a lot of friction and such. If you're hearing the noises more while you're wearing them, that is because the noise travels through the bones and head, not because it is loud. Anything else might be an iregularity, but even if you're out of warranty, Meze ships spare parts and you can repair your 99C!
It is kind of discrete creak sound ! perhaps the phone is brand new and need some time to soften ?

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #2,699 of 7,695
It is kind of discrete creak sound ! perhaps the phone is brand new and need some time to soften ?

I hear noises too, but wouldn't call them crackling. It's more like the sound of a spring, which I believe comes from the elastic in the headband as Dobrescu also said.

There is a rubber band inside that breaks in with some usage - on a used 99C it is barely audible, but on a brand-new 99 Neo, it somewhat louder, at least for the first few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back